Buildin A Trike - Makin It Legal.

Bit bored and am thinking of a bobber trike as a bar hopper.

If I started with a legal bike (green book and papers in order) can I make it legal as a trike ?

Thinking something like this (would be a Jappa though, not a trumpy).

bobbertrike12.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, you can get something you display legal, but it will can actually cost a serious amount. Say like you build them for 1 year and find a serious amount of people to buy them...

The how much and how long it takes depends on how much support you have from the engine manufacture and if chassis manufacturer... It is best that you use for the first model introduce on the Thai market you incorporate as much local suppliers as possible.

Still open wheels turning at high speeds, will never be legal. Even today, Can-Am finds it difficult to register vehicles in some districts... while they officially have a Thai green light...

Yes, you can get something you display legal, but it will can actually cost a serious amount. Say like you build them for 1 year and find a serious amount of people to buy them...

The how much and how long it takes depends on how much support you have from the engine manufacture and if chassis manufacturer... It is best that you use for the first model introduce on the Thai market you incorporate as much local suppliers as possible.

Still open wheels turning at high speeds, will never be legal. Even today, Can-Am finds it difficult to register vehicles in some districts... while they officially have a Thai green light...

Seriously your not even in the same post code with your reply but I'll take your advice on board for when I mass produce these............ and I'll cover the tyres.

If I started with a legal bike (green book and papers in order) can I make it legal as a trike ?

I've seen a few Honda Waves converted to three wheelers with a solid rear axle so guess it's possable