Yellow Book From Samui Amphur

This has come up on another thread, has anyone here obtained a yellow book, I was quoted a cost of 10,000 baht by the woman in the amphur ( Koh Samui). Other people on the thread have paid nothing all over Thailand. What is anyone elses experience with the Samui Amphur and a Yellow Book ?

Thanks

Well I looked up on TV Yellow book on my phone as I was waiting, and could clearly see that other people elsewhere had paid nothing or just a small contribution. So I went outside to talk to my wife and explained that it should actually be free, so I just left and did not get the womans name. The whole reason for this was because Immigration told me I ( and Children ) now need to be in a yellow book as I live here permanently (3rd O visa ). Cut a long story short they never asked me for that again and got my new visa no problem.

Well I looked up on TV Yellow book on my phone as I was waiting, and could clearly see that other people elsewhere had paid nothing or just a small contribution. So I went outside to talk to my wife and explained that it should actually be free, so I just left and did not get the womans name. The whole reason for this was because Immigration told me I ( and Children ) now need to be in a yellow book as I live here permanently (3rd O visa ). Cut a long story short they never asked me for that again and got my new visa no problem.

sorry i am conffused u needed a visa or a yellow tabian baan?

Needed a Yellow Tabian Baan Big C.

Needed a Yellow Tabian Baan Big C.

i have has 1 year visa back to back for many years and never been asked for a yellow book. i want one as it might help when applying for fainace and stuff but always want what cannot have

hi all

my understanding of the yellow book was that ,as a foreigner is allowed their name on it so you dont need to visit the immigration all the time for their endorsement of your registered address

supposedly free but on samui around 10,000 baht is asked /demanded/requested

with the immigration charging 500 baht each time , they surely dont want you to have one

hi all

my understanding of the yellow book was that ,as a foreigner is allowed their name on it so you dont need to visit the immigration all the time for their endorsement of your registered address

with the immigration charging 500 baht each time , they surely dont want you to have one

I find that disturbing as in NE there is nooooooo payment, well 20 bht.

hi all

Why post dubious information about cost of 10,000bt please provide some proof.

hi all

Immigration have nothing to do with the Yellow Book, and have no input in you getting one or not.

I have one, cost nothing except I contributed some money at the Government offices for a school. Easier for somethings if you have one, address certification is one, there are many other good things for having one, there is a thread about it.

The letter from immigration is (supposed to be) free too!

I have had four of them, so more money into the system ( biscuit tin ).

have u thought about changing yout type of visa. i have had a 1 year business bisa for years and never been asked for a yellow book. i know people that are married and have kids and have not been forced to get one. u might want to check to see if u need this or if someone is fgetting u at it

Can anyone confirm that they have got a Yellow Tabian Baan in Samui and not been asked to pay into someone's retirement fund?

that's what I would like to know, as I would still like to get one for car/motorbike purchases in my name, rather than the letter from Immigration.

Can anyone confirm that they have got a Yellow Tabian Baan in Samui and not been asked to pay into someone's retirement fund?

that's what I would like to know, as I would still like to get one for car/motorbike purchases in my name, rather than the letter from Immigration.

I see on the attached links all the paper work required for you to obtain a Yelllow book . Why not just follow up and provide some result's of your experience. Cost is 10bt if more just come home.

I will pop into their office and get a list of required documents ( does differ from Amphur to Amphur apparently ) and if any cost, will explain that I am aware there should be no cost so they don't quote me based on my supposed ignorance. Will post results Monday hopefully, if not Tuesday.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

hi all

Why post dubious information about cost of 10,000bt please provide some proof.

not dubious is it as the original post stated 10,000 baht was requested

and now 30,000 has been asked for ?????