Help Meeeeee!

mjj

Apologies for the dramatic but, I've got a problem and its driving me nuts.

I'm in the process of applying for a new job and they want me to send my qualifications and CV in an e-mail. Nothing abnormal their. The problem I have is that the files seem to be huge! An example is that I had my CV scanned in jpg and as it is its 4.9MB (isn't that too large), but to make matters worse they want it in a pdf and when I convert it it's 10.6MB. I've reduced the size in the pdf via colorsync which makes the files smaller, but also kills the resolution to the point that the text becomes very blurred. Its size then only becomes 21KB.

My CV, which is only 2 pages long in a .doc format via Libreoffice is 4.1MB. It does have a passport size picture of me, but surely 4.1MB is ridiculously high. If I convert that to a pdf it becomes awful quality, but only 1.6MB.

Is their not a way to adjust the size of the files, to something between the 10.6MB and 21KB I have?

Or from another angle, do prospective employers expect dodgy quality or large files? I don't remember having this problem before, but it was a while ago I applied for a job this way.

I'm workinMy CV, which is only 2 pages long in a .doc format via Libreoffice is 4.1MB. It does have a passport size picture of me, but surely 4.1MB is ridiculously high. If I convert that to a pdf it becomes awful quality, but only 1.6MB.

Is their not a way to adjust the size of the files, to something between the 10.6MB and 21KB I have?

Or from another angle, do prospective employers expect dodgy quality or large files? I don't remember having this problem before, but it was a while ago I applied for a job this way.

I'm working on a 2013 mac air.

Thank you

download win zip from www.downloads.com or filehippo.com zip it and send across or else use Dropbox.com upload resume , send them the key , many ways of sending across big attachments.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"My CV, which is only 2 pages long in a .doc format via Libreoffice is 4.1MB."

If you've got it already as a computer file and it's just that size, you should be able to open it as a .doc file - MSWord or Pages - and then Print from the menu bar, choosing to Save as a PDF File.

That should create the desired pdf in an appropriate size.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I don't have MS so couldn't do it that way.

For the scanned images, I just took the originals to a shop to get them to scan them in PDF format. This brought down the sizes to between 450kb and 1mb. For the CV, I took off the picture and found that was 3.6mb, so after much pushing of buttons, I put it on libre office draw and scaled it down to less than 100kb.

My cv has always been under 200k. I use Word. Save as pdf and it is always that size for a 3 or 4 page cv. Try different settings such as resolution.

Also, resize the photo and add it to the document. Not being patronizing, just throwing stuff out there for you.