Furor Over Famous Comedian Who Urged Thaksin To Come Home

webfact

Furor Over Comedian Who Urged Thaksin To Come Home

teng.jpg
Teng Terd Terng (far right) in his TV comedy show
Image: Khaosod English

BANGKOK: -- The famous comedian "Teng Terd Terng" became target of controversy in the online world for his attendance at the birthday party of Mr. Nattawut Saikeu, a Pheu Thai MP and a prominent leader of the Redshirts movement.

The birthday party was held at Keri Resort, along the Ramindhra Highway in the evening of 4 June.

"Teng Terd Terng", whose real name is Mr. Pongsak Pongsuwan, was seen hugging Mr. Nattawut and giving speeches on stage. "I want Mr. Thaksin to come home quickly!" he said to the audience, drawing applause.

He was refering to Former PM Thaksin Shinwatra, who was ousted by military coup in 2006 and remains in self-imposed exile, avoiding the corruption case that he called "politically-motivated".

Mr. Thaksin is a hugely polarizing figure; the Redshirts see him as the democratically-elected prime minister who was robbed out of his legitimacy by the pro-establishment groups, while the Yellowshirts think he is a corrupt dictator.

Perhaps not surprisingly, Mr. Pongsak′s comment quickly drew sharp rebukes and fervent supports from the Red and Yellow cybersphere.

Websites of the Yellowshirts-allied ASTV: Manager featured Mr. Pongsak in the top news section, with headline "Revealed Himself In Birthday Party of The Autocrat: [Pongsak] Said He Wanted To See Thaksin Home".

Many readers verbally abused the comedy star in the website′s comment section. Yellowshirts Facebook groups similarly hurled virtual abuses at him. [more...]

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01EVTVNekE0T1E9PQ

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-06-07

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants Mr "T" to come home, especially the family members of those who were either executed or disappeared in the so called war on drugs on Mr "T's" watch and our Southern terrorist scum, not all Thai's have kind intentions towards Mr "T"bah.gif

Another red prostitute. Pay him enough and he'll come to your birthday also and perform and say whatever you tell him to say.

I take it that you have spoken to "Teng Terd" personally to confirm that?

Maybe it is or is not his own personal views?

• Like 1

why is he so worried,be a MAN,stand up for your principles,or you just worried the work will dry up,,youl be a passing phase,like michael barrymore,,get over it,,

Edited by winstonc

Teng is not a bad guy. I used to go to his restaurant.

Why is everyone taking a comedian's words so seriously?

It's a fairly serious subject. or maybe Waza is spot on

I guess they are just following Yinglucks opinion of cartoonists

Either way, he needs to stick to comedy, then he will have plenty in common with the politicians.

I don't care..it is Thai territory.

I care about a safe environment for my family in Thailand.

How and by whom........i really don't give a hood.

as long as they - red - yellow and gold don't come to my door to ask for donations.

Cool runnings everybody

• Like 2

To hgma, Lancelot, DocN

I agree 100% - nay, nay 200% - with your comments.

Why can farang not stop make imflammatory political comments every time they post?

We farang can't vote or play politics so let us not imagine that we can influence Khon Thai's views with our whinges.

Let us enjoy the country we chose to live in not try to make it another farang clone country..

You forgot to add the bit that says....' If you don't like it you should all go home'....LOL.

• Like 1

I don't care..it is Thai territory.

I care about a safe environment for my family in Thailand.

How and by whom........i really don't give a hood.

as long as they - red - yellow and gold don't come to my door to ask for donations.

Cool runnings everybody

I agree. We farangs do not have a dog in this fight, so why the rabid anti Taksin rhetoric?

If I were a poor rice farmer from Isan, I'd vote for Taksin because his populist policies benefited me.

If I were a rich Bangkok Thai, I'd support the Yellow shirts to preserve my priveledges.

But I'm a lowly farang with no vote so I'll have a cup of coffee and enjoy life.

Chill people smile.png

Hello! Its the King Taksin team back in town.

A 'chilled out' Thaksin hack I have yet to see, hear or read.

Edited by yoshiwara

Ooooooh...I see!

A cartoonist is executing his right of free speech (against the PM), he is cut down and people are outraged...and rightfully so!

A comedian is executing his right of free speech (somehow pro- Thaksin)...and the same outraged people call him a red shirt prostitute...a terd...should stick to his comedy and basically shut up.

In other words: the democracy- friendly TV- crowd, that has no problems with coups, if it only fits their political agenda!

Grrrrrrrreat!

(Noooooooooo, I am not a red-shirt supporter...or xxxxx...so save your breath!)

Thaksin and his crowd, whether they be any more corrupt than anyone else around here are GLOBALISTS. One must understand what globalism is and what it means in order to advance cogent criticism of these Reds. A non-Thai has no business whatsoever expressing reverence for and fealty to cultural and political institutions he does not understand.

For most of these Thaksin critics, Thai comedy is probably one of the institutions ;-) Thaksin critics would be better served if they learned about Globalism, the American Enterprise Institute, the Council on Foreign Relations, Davos, etc.

"I stumble in to town,

Just like a sacred cow

Visions of swastikas in my head

Plans for everyone," will indeed play out soon enough.

The anti-Thaksin pro-Sakdina yellow-slurpers in these threads and on TV in general aspire desperately to intimately identify with a mysterious and complex society they know little about. They use the same flag waves, they attempt the same cultural memes and they have a go at imitating the behavior of a native social sector that in fact despises them.

They remind me of the four-week hot-doggers who get by by "wai-ing" absolutely everyone under the sun, including the taxi driver. These days you don't get so much of it but back in the day these xxxxx would rise to any challenges to the nonsense they blabbed on about by claiming some connection to a lady-in-waiting or a big-deal bodyguard for yellowish noblesse.

You don't get so much of that any more.

Instead we get confused crowdsource mobs of culturally bewildered forum posters.

At every opportunity, they rush to the Yellow Terminal to grab a seat on the pedigree bus.

It's not that easy to do either.

This is politics. And we ain't in it.

Edited by metisdead
3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.
  • Like 1