Hair Balls In Cats.

My Siamese cat has a hair ball. Must be huge cause it just won't exit and she has been coughing for much too long of time (weekssss). I have some medication called Laxatone but it is not working. Laxatone is a 'laxative' and a 'hairball remedy' medicine.

Which orifice do hair balls exit when they do? Orally or anally? (I always thought orally, but guess not....is the answer 'Either'?)

Does anyone know an effective method to rid hair balls? OR the best way to give Laxatone. I've followed the directions, but she's still coughing and coughing. Does it take more than one tube? How many?

Thanks in advance.

jb

Tx

- gel as Laxatone

- liquid parafin

- mineral oil

prevantaion ,

- brush hair 1-2 times a day , after that use small towel (semi-wet) clean cat's body for get rid the shedding hair

Edited by BambinA

My Siamese cat has a hair ball. Must be huge cause it just won't exit and she has been coughing for much too long of time (weekssss). I have some medication called Laxatone but it is not working. Laxatone is a 'laxative' and a 'hairball remedy' medicine.

Which orifice do hair balls exit when they do? Orally or anally? (I always thought orally, but guess not....is the answer 'Either'?)

Does anyone know an effective method to rid hair balls? OR the best way to give Laxatone. I've followed the directions, but she's still coughing and coughing. Does it take more than one tube? How many?

Thanks in advance.

jb

Are you sure the problem is hair balls? Respiratory infections are common in cats and can cause cough. I suggest you take her to a vet.