Transfer Money Out Of Thailand

I bought a condo in Bangkok in 2009. Money used for this was transfered in from Norway via bank, and declared on an form "Foreign Exchange Transaction Form (tor tor 3)". Stating in the form that the money was going to be used for condo purchase. I'm now going to sell this condo with a profit aroud 200k bath. Money from this sale will be put in my thai bank account (kasikorn).

Questions:

1) What "evidence" do I need to present to my thai bank (kasikorn) to be able to transfer to my norwegian account? is it a special form?

2) is there som extra taxes involved when transfering? (see my profit above). we're paying transfer fees etc at land department when condo is transfered to buyer

Note for those checking previous posts: I previously wanted to sell this condo and buy a new one, but plans change. This condo is now being sold and my wife and I will be moving to Norway.

RR3636.

I transferred money out via Kasikorn and they needed a Photocopy of the Title deed front and back showing the condo was sold, the tax invoice (original)blue, to show tax was paid at the Land office and the sale agreement from the land office showing the Government Price or official sale price, I did take a copy of the original FCTF or TT3 as it used to be called, but it wasn't required.

Note: really you can only send out funds to the value of the Official sale price of the condo as noted on the sale agreement from the land office( normally has a Large orange stamp on it).

That was my experience at Kasikorn and SCB too. Just fill out the form for doing a money transfer in the bank, no extra tax was paid on the money sent out of Thailand.

Best of luck BW.

I think you have just upset lots of people by saying you made a profit on the sale of your condo. Many on here believe that condos only go down in price and an't be sold if you're a foreigner. They should be on here soon to say you must have made this up.

davejones.

Normally small amounts up to 10,000USD is no problem, you lob up and try to send 5 or 6 Million Baht and you will find it is not that simple, you do need supporting documentation and it will be vetted and authorized by the BOT Bank Of Thailand, normally a day or 2 for processing. This has been my experience on several occasions.

BW

I was in my bank today and I asked this very question, The response was up to 50,000 dollars per transaction -no special documentation required. Also these 50,000 dollar transactions can be repeated.

If above 50,000 per transaction then a Sale contract is required. The land office issue this when the sale has been completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Little follow up to all the great info on this thread :)

Went to kasikorn with:

* Passport & bankbook

* Blue receipt showing paied taxes at the land office

* sale agreement from the land office (Large orange stamp on it)

* original FCTF

Sale price was 1.29m. I wanted to transfer 1.2m out of thailand. Was no problem, but they did look over all the papers I brought & made copies of those. One day later it was in my account in Norway.

I did bring lots of other papers to (copy of tabianban, both sides of chanot, etc). I did not show them (had them just in case), and they did not ask for it.