Best Japanese Ramen in Chiang Mai?

Celcius

On the look out for the best ramen in Chiang Mai, been to a few places but nothing blowing my mind yet. Also if you know a place that serves up peanut flavoured ramen, please let me know because I haven't found any yet.

Been all over Japan since 1987 and NEVER heard of peanut Ramen. In Chiang Mai Ninja is pretty good. They have Shio, Miso, Shoyu, etc.and and many Jp expats eat there. By the way the best Ramen I ever ate was in Kagoshima 2 months ago. I am a big fan of Asahikawa's Shoyu but it was truly a revelation.

Been all over Japan since 1987 and NEVER heard of peanut Ramen. In Chiang Mai Ninja is pretty good. They have Shio, Miso, Shoyu, etc.and and many Jp expats eat there. By the way the best Ramen I ever ate was in Kagoshima 2 months ago. I am a big fan of Asahikawa's Shoyu but it was truly a revelation.

Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree, and say Japan's best ramen can be found in Fukuoka. In Chiang Mai, we're doing well to get Nissen cup-noodle.....

Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree, and say Japan's best ramen can be found in Fukuoka. In Chiang Mai, we're doing well to get Nissen cup-noodle.....

+1 ...for me I agree the pork ramen in Fukuoka was excellent and much better than the one in Kagoshima been to both places ...

In the meantime the blue seafood flavor Nissin cup noodles suffice in CM tills next trip back to Japan

My next review once I get the runs out of my system is to try Tenguko opp the Mandarin Oriental which I keep hearing about

+1 ...for me I agree the pork ramen in Fukuoka was excellent and much better than the one in Kagoshima been to both places ...

In the meantime the blue seafood flavor Nissin cup noodles suffice in CM tills next trip back to Japan

My next review once I get the runs out of my system is to try Tenguko opp the Mandarin Oriental which I keep hearing about

Ramen IS the Signature dish of Fukuoka, just as Okonomiyaki is THE dish of the Kansai region, and lamb BBQ a 'must-eat-when-in-Sapporo.' 25 years of living in Japan, and being subjected to endless mind-numbing TV shows with young 'talento' eating from one end of Hokkaido to bottom of Kysuhu took its toll. On the other hand, those same uber-cute young female Television talento sampling onsen (hot-spriings resorts) after onsen was not difficult to watch...

Seriously you tried the Ramen at Ninja and you think it's not that good? I've never been to Japan but I think they work pretty hard on those noodle dishes at Ninja and the place always packed with some Japanese (not because the food is cheap)

I'm not a ramen expert and when I visited Japan, I only ate in the cheap places, but Sukura on soi Chang Moi Kao behind the Amora hotel is as good - for ramen - as any that I have tried. It is often full of Japanese expats and Thai students and is one of the cheapest Japanese restaurants in town. I like their very inexpensive Japanese style curry and rice too.

By the way, any landmarks near Ninja and Sirimankarajan (road?)?

Edited by Ulysses G.

Seriously you tried the Ramen at Ninja and you think it's not that good? I've never been to Japan but I think they work pretty hard on those noodle dishes at Ninja and the place always packed with some Japanese (not because the food is cheap)

I haven't as yet, but will give it a try. There are sooo many different styles of ramen that it's like saying 'which is the best spaghetti sauce.' Personally, I much prefer the Shisen Cha-shu ramen ( a Schezuan-style very spicy stock) with BBQ pork in it, even over the Fukuoaka style ramen. Other folk prefer a mild miso flavored stock... One man's meat....

Ulysses, I just noticed that shop you mentioned... I have to give that a try too.

• Like 1

Not Japanese, but if you want to try something new check out the Taiwanese noodles at the 'Taiwan Restaurant' on the soi across from the Shell station on Huay Kaew road.

Im addicted to them, nothing else like it in CNX.