Pull-up Bar?

KelCastro

I wanted one of those too - until I realized that in my condo, they have plastered the doorframe in flush with the wall so there is nowhere I could rest the pull up bar!

I do still want some push up bars, like these:

http://emeverydayfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/HHP-001-N2F1.jpg

If you find any in your search, could you let me know?

Thanks!

Hi KelCastro,

Tesco has a pull up bar that fits into the doorway , which looks like this http://www.amazon.com/Big-Mikes-Fitness-Doorway-Pull-Up/dp/B00B1XJFEW/ref=sr_1_32?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1359527413&sr=1-32

I found mine in the sports & bikes section and the price was around 600 Baht.

Regards,

Tiger.

Thank you Tiger. I’ll check it out. How has been your experience with that style of bar?

Hi KelCastro,

I never had any problems with the bar, it was solid and is still in place today (in my outside gym area).

Unfortunately, as I am getting older and lazier, it is now used by my wife for hanging plants on and the foam hang grips are now falling apart (after about 2 to 3 years).

The installation is very simple.

The bar comes with 2 end caps that you fix to the door frame with screws.

The bar is then unscrewed to extend it until it sits in the end caps.

Like I mention above, mine is in an outside area (actually in my car port) so I was able to drill and screw the end caps into concrete beams, so I do not know how much weight the caps will hold if they are screwed into wood.

However, if you fit the caps with longer screws than the ones provided, you should have no trouble with the bar.

Regards,

Tiger.

I wanted one of those too - until I realized that in my condo, they have plastered the doorframe in flush with the wall so there is nowhere I could rest the pull up bar!

I do still want some push up bars, like these:

http://emeverydayfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/HHP-001-N2F1.jpg

If you find any in your search, could you let me know?

Thanks!

I saw these at Tesco the other day. Not all of them carry it, but the bigger, more stocked store did.

Hi KelCastro,

I never had any problems with the bar, it was solid and is still in place today (in my outside gym area).

Unfortunately, as I am getting older and lazier, it is now used by my wife for hanging plants on and the foam hang grips are now falling apart (after about 2 to 3 years).

The installation is very simple.

The bar comes with 2 end caps that you fix to the door frame with screws.

The bar is then unscrewed to extend it until it sits in the end caps.

Like I mention above, mine is in an outside area (actually in my car port) so I was able to drill and screw the end caps into concrete beams, so I do not know how much weight the caps will hold if they are screwed into wood.

However, if you fit the caps with longer screws than the ones provided, you should have no trouble with the bar.

Regards,

Tiger.

Thanks for the info Tiger. Unfortunately, I cant drill holes where I live, so I won't be able to use this piece of equipment.

Seems like a mission impossible!

I made my own. Two 15 cm pieces of 2x4 with a v cut in one end. Screw ithem to both sides of the opening. Buy a 3/4 piece of galvanized pipe, cut to the size of the opening, at the local steel vendor and rest it in the V. Makes a good sturdy pull up bar, but my wife has turned it into an excellant place to hang clothes! Didn't really want to exercise anyway, I was just bored one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just wondering how they can take say 70-100KG weight of a normal guy with the design above? Those screws with the caps don't look too long and just putting them into a wooden door frame.....really?

All of the weight is not held by just the screws.

To extend the bar to the correct length the ends screw (twist) out, so if the bar is extended enough the ends push onto the caps which in turn are pushed onto the door frame.

In fact, if the bar is extended enough so it pushes very tightly into the door frame, the bar will take over 100 kg without the screws.

Obviously though the small screws should be replaced with longer screws just to be sure.