Newborn Baby 'Left To Die' At Bangkok Canal

webfact

reminds me off : ricky spanish ... for the people who know the reference

but seriously... my wife got a university degree and when we talk about our children and sexual information (condoms , etc) ... she just shuts down or shouts...

for her, giving information = encourage them to have sex ....

education is banned about that subject...

same as ghost shit

sometimes i just want to leave this s ( t ) inking country about all its ignorance

• Like 2

I hope the parents go through the same horrible death. I hope this boy survives and is fit and healthy

What a ridiculous post.. it's very hard to understand the motivation behind this but I would suspect the mother herself needs some much needed help. Wishing a horrible death on someone is despicable.

totster smile.png

Yeah, she will need the help of a defense attorney if she's (and any accomplices are) caught and charged with child endangerment, attempted murder and, possibly, homicide if the kid doesn't make it. What do you suppose the (advertised) penalties for these are in Thailand? I wonder what facilities for DNA analysis Thailand LE/forensics has available.

I wouldn't wish a horrible death on the culprit(s), but the term "punished to the full extent of the law" comes to mind. Tack on to that "special circumstances", since the newborn was absolutely helpless. Rant complete, my apologies.

Edited by MaxYakov

What a load of <deleted> posted here by some members...

The simple question is: Even if abortion is banned, even if sex education here in Thailand is useless, even if drugs, or whatever and whoever is to blame... Why did the mother think the only way out is throwing that poor baby into a canal an let it die? Why not bring him to a hospital, temple, church, shopping center or wherever and give the little soul at least the chance of being found by a decent person who can save his life?

One of my best friends and his wife are hoping and trying so much for a baby after a miscarriage some years ago shattered their dream of becoming a real family, while others simply throw a little healthy baby boy into a canal like garbage. What a f#cked up world we live in - sometimes it hurts so much that I just want to leave this planet for good sad.png

very simple - the logic of FACE, also well said in message #9 by trainman. it is a kind of intangible very difficult for us being raised up from a different logic.

just because of the FACE, someone will shoot at you, someone will throw the baby into canal . . . . everywhere in Asia, from China to Japan ! ( sorry being off-topic )

China to Japan - you're a bit off geography too.

• Like 1

God and buddha bless him

Hope he pulls thru

If it is from an unwanted teenage pregnancy,

perhaps this will awaken Thailand to the fact

the teens do have sex and they need to be

taught about precautions and protections

It is not the 1800's anymore Thailand .... wake up

If a higher deity cared about blessing this baby he would not been in the canal in the first place or this may all be happening accoring to a deity's plan or will; if so, then those kindly neighbors may have interfered. Which brings up the point that the deities either don't care or are for all human purposes non-existant as well as useless in cases like this.

I understand the sentiment as being an expression of human compassion but I also understand that it is useless and won't change a thing.

It is the religious establishments that are the major hindrance to proper science/sex education and contraception in the first place. I doubt if they would give up their power and hold on the minds of the uneducated or semi-educated that continue to support them for the life of an insignificant (to them not to me) child.

We cannot have a rational progressive world and our superstitious nonsense at the same time; I know what my choice is.....

It's always great when we get the religious bashes spouting. They are all so sure they know everything, thanks to the power of wonderful Western education. Obviously has numerous doctorates and has studied world religions before coming to the massive conclusion that they are all superstitious nonsense and get in the way of what he envisages as a rational progressive world - which presumably conforms to his politically correct popular views. Who gives a toss what his choice is?

This is about someone trying to dispose of an unwanted baby. It sad that so many people feel they have no choice or alternative than to act like this. Sad condemnation of any society - and yes, it happens in many countries and societies. Tragic, for all concerned. Let's hope the baby fully recovers.

• Like 2

I hope the parents go through the same horrible death. I hope this boy survives and is fit and healthy

What a ridiculous post.. it's very hard to understand the motivation behind this but I would suspect the mother herself needs some much needed help. Wishing a horrible death on someone is despicable.

totster smile.png

most, if not all, other postings of "Sir Lee B" provide ample evidence of an extraordinarily high intellect.

sick.gif

God and buddha bless him

Hope he pulls thru

If it is from an unwanted teenage pregnancy,

perhaps this will awaken Thailand to the fact

the teens do have sex and they need to be

taught about precautions and protections

It is not the 1800's anymore Thailand .... wake up

If a higher deity cared about blessing this baby he would not been in the canal in the first place or this may all be happening accoring to a deity's plan or will; if so, then those kindly neighbors may have interfered. Which brings up the point that the deities either don't care or are for all human purposes non-existant as well as useless in cases like this.

I understand the sentiment as being an expression of human compassion but I also understand that it is useless and won't change a thing.

It is the religious establishments that are the major hindrance to proper science/sex education and contraception in the first place. I doubt if they would give up their power and hold on the minds of the uneducated or semi-educated that continue to support them for the life of an insignificant (to them not to me) child.

We cannot have a rational progressive world and our superstitious nonsense at the same time; I know what my choice is.....

It's always great when we get the religious bashes spouting. They are all so sure they know everything, thanks to the power of wonderful Western education. Obviously has numerous doctorates and has studied world religions before coming to the massive conclusion that they are all superstitious nonsense and get in the way of what he envisages as a rational progressive world - which presumably conforms to his politically correct popular views. Who gives a toss what his choice is?

This is about someone trying to dispose of an unwanted baby. It sad that so many people feel they have no choice or alternative than to act like this. Sad condemnation of any society - and yes, it happens in many countries and societies. Tragic, for all concerned. Let's hope the baby fully recovers.

I find it amusing that the poster has no rational counter arguments for my deity comments above. The posters comments are typical of most responses when a person is confronted by issues for which they are mentally unprepared.

So evidently the answer to "religious bashes" is education/logic bashing! I would add that it does not take a "massive conclusion"; it only takes a small human effort to read and educate one's self to reach a logical conclusion. Make-believe does not exist nor happen, there is not a sky-god, tree spirit, tooth-fairy nor do storks deliver babies!

"This is about someone trying to dispose of an unwanted baby. It sad that so many people feel they have no choice or alternative than to act like this. Sad condemnation of any society - and yes, it happens in many countries and societies. Tragic, for all concerned. Let's hope the baby fully recovers." Does the poster actually believe that if we all "hope" enough the baby will recover, become wanted and these issues will change?

My original comment also applies to this reply: I understand the sentiment as being an expression of human compassion but I also understand that it is useless and won't change a thing.

Dumping babies is a regular thing in Thailand. Normally they are put in a plastic bag and left in a bin to die. I've seen/read about quite a few in recent months, on various websites

There are many Australians who can't have children and would love to adopt a child but laws are so strict that it almost impossible to adopt a child either oversees or internally. These babies are true refugees with little hope but there are good people ready to take them in. Soi puppies get priority over abandoned and orphaned kids in Thailand.

Dumping babies is a regular thing in Thailand. Normally they are put in a plastic bag and left in a bin to die. I've seen/read about quite a few in recent months, on various websites

And if this happened to a litter of soi dogs, Thais would be in an uproar screaming animal cruety. Do it to a new born human and hardly a sniffle.

Isn't there a place to drop unwanted kids off? There must be, and it should be promoted. There are many people who want kids, and would probably adopt an infant. so sad.

adoption is generally only practiced in thailand when a slave is wanted. It is highly frowned upon.

i am adopted, and when i tell thais in conversation they are shocked or tell me not to let anyone know.

One stupendous generalisation lodged.

well the guys could always keep it in their pants if they are not man enough to face the consequences, if you want to blame someone blame the teens parents that let their kids get into sexual relationships at such young ages and in a lot of cases encourage the boys to do it. We have a third world country trying to act like a first world one but not having the ability or the brains to do so, as long as they put face/money before everything else this will continue.

Since when did young men ever keep anything in their pants other than illegal drugs?

Second stupendous generalisation lodged.

If you barely have any idea of what you are doing, how would a whole country know what its doing?

If Thailand is having trouble knowing how to act, perhaps you could go tell IT, how to do it?

A ‘youngish’ lady from our village came back to the village to have a baby. In hospital. She did not want to tell her Norwegian boyfriend, about the baby. Lets not lets speculate, because even I could not understand what I was told. Perhaps to keep working, or whatever.

One of my many Thai step sisters and her Thai hubby had been childless for 21 years. An arrangement was made. We all trooped up to the hospital, the baby was born. Some papers were

signed and the sister and law went home with the baby.

The child is now about 4. She is truly beautiful and angelic. Because my daughter is obviously part farang, she has a sneaky suspicion that I am her father also and often calls me papa too.

My daughter is growing up with a rice farmers family, because it is an idyllic childhood, similar the childhood’s many of us experienced, before technology had blunted all our natural instincts, resourcefulness, and creative play.

It is a better childhood than mine because these people have existed within supportive family networks for a long time. Like many of my British generation, I didn’t. This is now the closest thing I’ve got to a family. I really have to learn this troublesome language. Both Lao Thai and Bangkok Thai. It’s a bother, but that’s life.

I like living out here because one is still able to live a life relatively free from the burdens of bureaucracy. Where practical answers to daily problems don’t involve dozens of faceless people deciding one’s fate, and then fining you for not obeying them. This is the way. The way of nature. The West has lost its way. I am happy to be here.

• Like 2

A ‘youngish’ lady from our village came back to the village to have a baby. In hospital. She did not want to tell her Norwegian boyfriend, about the baby. Lets not lets speculate, because even I could not understand what I was told. Perhaps to keep working, or whatever.

One of my many Thai step sisters and her Thai hubby had been childless for 21 years. An arrangement was made. We all trooped up to the hospital, the baby was born. Some papers were

signed and the sister and law went home with the baby.

The child is now about 4. She is truly beautiful and angelic. Because my daughter is obviously part farang, she has a sneaky suspicion that I am her father also and often calls me papa too.

My daughter is growing up with a rice farmers family, because it is an idyllic childhood, similar the childhood’s many of us experienced, before technology had blunted all our natural instincts, resourcefulness, and creative play.

It is a better childhood than mine because these people have existed within supportive family networks for a long time. Like many of my British generation, I didn’t. This is now the closest thing I’ve got to a family. I really have to learn this troublesome language. Both Lao Thai and Bangkok Thai. It’s a bother, but that’s life.

I like living out here because one is still able to live a life relatively free from the burdens of bureaucracy. Where practical answers to daily problems don’t involve dozens of faceless people deciding one’s fate, and then fining you for not obeying them. This is the way. The way of nature. The West has lost its way. I am happy to be here.

Good for you!

And i n a few years, when you have learned something about the wonderful family- system and the support they give each other and the idyllic live and upbringing the "normal" children have...please report again!

There are many Australians who can't have children and would love to adopt a child but laws are so strict that it almost impossible to adopt a child either oversees or internally. These babies are true refugees with little hope but there are good people ready to take them in. Soi puppies get priority over abandoned and orphaned kids in Thailand.

Yep, an Aussie couple who are good friend, well educated, have spent time in Thailand, both speak reasonable Thai, the girl side of the couple comes from a family with 3 adopted children, they had to endure 6 years of investigation, snooping, questioning etc etc before finally getting the nod. They ended up with a 3 year old with many problems which wouldn't have eventuated had the child been given to them a coupe of years back instead of being shuffled from home to home - institution to institution for the 3 years of its life in Thailand. Sure seems that something is really lacking in the system.

• Like 1

reminds me off : ricky spanish ... for the people who know the reference

but seriously... my wife got a university degree and when we talk about our children and sexual information (condoms , etc) ... she just shuts down or shouts...

for her, giving information = encourage them to have sex ....

education is banned about that subject...

same as ghost shit

sometimes i just want to leave this s ( t ) inking country about all its ignorance

maybe you need to educate your wife belg,,,or you maybe a grandad soon,,,,,good luck with that,,,

What this country needs is free and legal abortion.

no it needs to grow up ,,,,,,,,,,and face its responsibilities,,,,,

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font has been removed.

And if this happened to a litter of soi dogs, Thais would be in an uproar screaming animal cruety. Do it to a new born human and hardly a sniffle.

i'm not sure what you hoped to achieve with this statement. besides being patently ridiculous it assumes that there has been no uproar over the exposure of this child