Hiking or trekking poles in Chiang Mai?

Genericnic

Found a prior post in the BKK forum that showed places to get trekking poles in BKK, however, I am in CM and was wondering if there was a place here to get them. I am looking for something like the Leki or Black Diamond poles. If I can't find them here, I can always head down to BKK but would be so much handier to find them here.

Any help appreciated.

David

They used to sell them in the Red Lion (Night Bazaar - behind Burger King) - fold up Burmese walking sticks I think they were called - but hiking poles they be :) - If I remember right they were pretty cheap too

They used to sell them in the Red Lion (Night Bazaar - behind Burger King) - fold up Burmese walking sticks I think they were called - but hiking poles they be smile.png - If I remember right they were pretty cheap too

I think you're talking of the 'legendary' Hillpiggy-Smythe Burmese Army Trekking sticks, that fold in half to fit in your backpack. Not the type of trekking stick the OP is looking for, as below.

trekking-poles-black-diamond-alpine-cf-h

They used to sell them in the Red Lion (Night Bazaar - behind Burger King) - fold up Burmese walking sticks I think they were called - but hiking poles they be smile.png - If I remember right they were pretty cheap too

I have one of the Burmese walking sticks already. I need something way more durable. I am in the initial planning stages of hiking the Appalachian Trail in the US next year. It is about 2,180 miles long. w00t.gif

David

I think you're talking of the 'legendary' Hillpiggy-Smythe Burmese Army Trekking sticks, that fold in half to fit in your backpack. Not the type of trekking stick the OP is looking for, as below.

trekking-poles-black-diamond-alpine-cf-h

Right you are Uptheos.

David

I have one of the Burmese walking sticks already. I need something way more durable. I am in the initial planning stages of hiking the Appalachian Trail in the US next year. It is about 2,180 miles long. w00t.gif

David

How long do you think it will take you to complete the trail?

What's going to be the hardest part for you?

David

How long do you think it will take you to complete the trail?

What's going to be the hardest part for you?

I'm assuming I will fall in with the bulk of folks and take about 6 months. I'll most likely start in early March and finish sometime in early September. Doing the northbound route, you have to finish by October 15 to do the whole trail since they close Baxter State Park (where the northern end is located) on October 15.

The hardest part for me (and for most people from what I have read) is just getting up and doing the hike every day - 15 miles a day is average. It is going to be a challenge for sure.

David