Good USB Wifi Receiver to Boost Signal?

Action Script

My laptop is often just out of reach of the Wifi signal from the router.

Can anyone recommend a good USB device that I can plug into the laptop that will allow it to pick up signals better?

I'd rather not have one with a fixed aerial as I'd still like it to be quite portable.

If anyone could recommend a model and where to pick it up in Bangkok and its price that would be great.

Thanks!

Alfa AWUS036NH 2000mW High Gain USB Wireless Long-Range WiFi Network Adapter

Have one and it works great. Picked it up at Fortune for around 1200. The chipset inside is great, if you using it with Windows there are no driver installs works out of the box. When buying make sure to look for a hologram because there are quite a few knock offs.

• Like 1

If your WiFi Router has external antenna/s you can buy higher gain antennas to boast the signal rather than doing the boast at the orther end if you rather has no external antenna then stick to what "justsumhelp" says to do.

Alfa AWUS036NH 2000mW High Gain USB Wireless Long-Range WiFi Network Adapter

Have one and it works great. Picked it up at Fortune for around 1200. The chipset inside is great, if you using it with Windows there are no driver installs works out of the box. When buying make sure to look for a hologram because there are quite a few knock offs.

Available in Chiang Mai or by mail order??