S4 AIS

PST

Perhaps it's the AIS moving to a new network? Could they just cancel out the old network frequencies and let their customers be with no internet? Anything is possible in Thailand...

Call the customer service or visit one of the AIS shops and talk to them. I heard it's worth moving over to a new network anyway.

HI,my 3g has just stopped working on my galaxy s4 with AIS,any suggestions,have tried everything.

Thanks.

PST

You need to change your APN settings I believe. My GF has the S3 and when she upgraded to the new frequency, she had to update the APN in the settings. Do a quick Google search and type in APN AIS Android, and you should find all the required steps to get your 3G going again.

Sent from my GT-I9500

HI,my 3g has just stopped working on my galaxy s4 with AIS,any suggestions,have tried everything.

Thanks.

PST

You need to change your APN settings I believe. My GF has the S3 and when she upgraded to the new frequency, she had to update the APN in the settings. Do a quick Google search and type in APN AIS Android, and you should find all the required steps to get your 3G going again.

Sent from my GT-I9500

http://activities.ais.co.th/app/ota/setting/file/Internet%203G2100_Android_Phone2-4_en.pdf

More details rather than none would be helpful in diagnosing the problem. In theory the phone should be able to pick up the APN details from the SIM, but this assumes a lot.

AIS/2100 Freedom 3G pre-paid SIM?

One-2-Call pre-paid SIM?

New SIM? Something worked at first and now it doesn't? Pre-paid balance and expiration date? Did you add value? Subscribe to a a data plan?

Most of the new 2100 MHz AIS APN settings published on the interwebs are incorrect, including the one linked in this thread.

For a new AIS 2100 MHz pre-paid Freedom 3G SIM:

APN (Android):
Name: ais internet
APN: internet
MCC: 520
MNC: 03
No other configuration details are required.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649816-a-i-s-one-2-call-3g-pre-paid-sim-on-2100-mhz-3g-a-review/

Edited by lomatopo

AIS customer care can send you a configuration SMS that will set the phone up for you.

The problem is contacting AIS Customer Care.. When you call them you will have to leave a message and hope they call you back. They may or may not call you back. I suggest you leave a message asking for the SMS to be sent to you.

Another option is to get a Thai friend to visit their web site and get the settings from there. They no longer have any web pages in English.

They used to have excellent supports for English speakers. Since they upgraded their system the support is exceptionally poor

AIS customer care can send you a configuration SMS that will set the phone up for you.

In my experience (Android) these OTA configuration settings typically lead to more problems, especially when "...their system the support is exceptionally poor".

Manually configuring APN settings is a better approach.

For a new AIS 2100 MHz pre-paid Freedom 3G SIM:

APN (Android):
Name: ais internet
APN: internet
MCC: 520
MNC: 03
No other configuration details are required.

I sent my old GS2 to my girl friend in BKK. It's an ATT phone from the states. I told her she would need to get jelly bean installed. Phone shop has told her this phone will not work in Thailand. Can anyone explain this? Thanks

It's an ATT phone from the states.

Assume this is an SGH-i777? Was it locked to AT&T? Did you get an unlock code from AT&T?

If unlocked it would work here on any/all GSM networks, along with DTAC or TrueMove H's 850 MHz 3G network. It could also work with the emerging 2100 MHz 3G networks from DTAC, TrueMove H and AIS.

My best guess is that it is locked. Or maybe she wants a new/different phone. wink.png

Can't it be unlocked in Thailand?

Not sure, based on your GF's experience to date, evidently not. Assuming you are a customer in good standing AT&T should provide you with an unlock code. Or you can Google some unlock providers, although this particular model looks challenging to hack, based on my 5 minutes of searching and reading. One can probably buy a 2nd hand (real. unlocked) SGS2 here in Thailand for less than what it cost you to ship this model to her.

You are correct re model number. Locked? Yes.

Can't it be unlocked in Thailand?

If you want to unlock your AT&T phone, I would recommend checking out SamMobile They're one of the trusted sites around for all Samsung phones. I personally, have never used their unlock service (I've used other service for unlocking iPhone). If you are not sure about something, just contact them. I'm sure they will be able to explain the steps a whole lot better than most of us here could.