Thai girls hunting rhinos

pillenwerfer

The news channel aljazeera (how it's perception would be improved with a name change), showed an excellent documentary about the trade in rhino horns.

It is not for the squeamish, if u view it on their website.

One way to circumvent SA laws on hunting rhino, is to buy a permit to hunt one rhino, cost USD17,000.

Thai girls have been applying for these licences, in large numbers. The value of a horn can be up to USD270,000 especially in Vietnam due to their weird beliefs in it's aphrodisiac and curative properties. A game reserve owner recently was sentenced to 40 years, along with a Thai national (male) .The girls do not fire the gun/s.

Edited by pillenwerfer

The channel's name doesn't harm my perception - one of the best news channels around - head and shoulders above CNN, Fox BS news, etc...

I didn't realise that FOX was a news channel !

Without question, to me, AlJazeera is much better than BBC and CNN, which I can't get and don'tmiss.

If Truevisions carried it I would not have cancelled after they lost the Premier League.

Their "Head to Head" at Oxford is great. Richard Dawkins next up.

Edited by pillenwerfer

Am I alone in noticing the irony between the slaughter of Rhinos by Thai girls mentioned in the OP & the way they tend to their sick Buffalos at home?

I am confused. I taught the well-being of buffaloes and the cure of sick buffaloes in Thailand is automatically the responsibility of Farangs. Shame on all Farangs, that try to weasel out of this responsibility Despicable!

Imagine, what would happen, if all of a sudden, Farangs would decide to stop building houses and giving lavish support to the Thai-Family? What's the world coming to? Or even worse, what's the Isaan coming to?

Cheers.