Aa Hotel /other

welshchris

Hey guys

I am coming back to Pattaya after a 2 year absense, and was wandering if anyone could help me out - i usually stay at the AA hotel (at bottom of soi 13) as i like the pool overlooking beach road but was wandering if anyone would have a contact number for them? ive looked on the internet and just cant seem to find anything, would be much appreciated.

Last time i was there the price was 650 baht a night is it still around the same? also heard rumours of a nice hotel next to Lek hotel on 2nd road any ideas of a price on that one.

Thanks in advance for the help (cant wait to get back)

Chris

Hey guys

I am coming back to Pattaya after a 2 year absense, and was wandering if anyone could help me out - i usually stay at the AA hotel (at bottom of soi 13) as i like the pool overlooking beach road but was wandering if anyone would have a contact number for them? ive looked on the internet and just cant seem to find anything, would be much appreciated.

Last time i was there the price was 650 baht a night is it still around the same? also heard rumours of a nice hotel next to Lek hotel on 2nd road any ideas of a price on that one.

Chris

hi chris-- that's where i stayed for a couple days, too. They're at 038 428 656, B4900/week, not sure what the daily rate is but i think it'll be more than 650/night. You'll be shocked at how much more expensive Pattaya is now...

i liked that hotel, but those dark mirrors covering one end of the room gave me the creeps, kept imagining a camera whirring away behind that mirror! :o

Hey guys

Chris

i'm trying to picture Lek Hotel on 2nd Rd... there are a lot of hotels there, but you might be thinking of Dynasty Inn (bkk branch is 02 252 4522), at the corner of 2nd Rd/Soi 13 and a little way in on the Soi. That's a nice place--they have a free shuttle from Bangkok whenyou book the hotel room for 2 days so i did that.

Also, across the street from Lek Hotel is the Diana Inn (038 429 675), that's nice, too. Both those hotels are something like B1,200/nite always negotiable...

The InnHouse is about the cheapest new place on Soi 13 at 800 baht I believe.

Sandy Spring will be half-way to Second Rd and Dynasty is very near Second. Both will run around 1000-1200 baht I think.

Any one of the three would be a good choice IMO and a fair bit neater and cleaner than the AA I think.

You can made a reservation for those three and a few others on Scandinavia Bar's website:

ScandiBar

~WISteve

Hey guys

Chris

You might want to check into a room at the Bay Breeze Hotel on Soi Honey Inn. They should be in your price range and they have a pool too. Some people have complained about the electricity or water going off and on - heck that happens back where I live too!

Bay Breeze e-mail address is: [email protected] or [email protected]. They should be lowering their prices pretty soon if they haven't already.

If you like swimming pools, also on that same soi is the Intown Holiday Hotel and the Honey Inn (recent renovation,) they both have pools.

Book one night and go hotel-hunting the next day if you are not happy.

KA

KA

I usually advise my friends to book for no more than 3 nights at the first hotel they go to.

I figure that the first night and day will be a lost cause for them, as they experience some of what Pattaya has to offer, and get over their jet-lag/hang-overs.

The 2nd night/day may give them an opportunity to see more of the city, and perhaps find a different area in which they'd like to stay.

Then, after their 3rd night, they can move to an area more suited to their preference.

My first trip to Thailand, I started out paying 1,500 baht a night (back in the early 90's). Moved to another hotel a block away, 750 baht/night but no swimming pool (not that I cared).

3 days later moved to a hotel by the beach. 600 baht/night. Finally moved to another hotel, away from the main entertainment area (quiet at night) and was only paying 300 baht/night ! New hotel too (at the time).

Some people like to be by the beach. Some like having bars right out the front door. Others like to be able to sleep at night :o

Had one buddy, all enthused and hyper. Rented a room for a month. After the 2nd day, he decided he'd rather be in a different place, but was stuck (no refund). Live and learn !

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for the replies, had a niggling suspision the AA might be getting a bit worse for wear.

The Inn house sounds like a good bet - i dont suppose anyone has a number do they?

Last time i stayed in Bay Breeze (4/5 years ago) was a bit battered and the pool never seemed to be in the sun.

Thanks again

Chris

Edited by welshchris

Hey guys

Chris

Hey ! are they the same crazies who run AA detox program. Man ! they got some strange ideas.

I had to do some time with them previosly as part of a court ruling, not my thing :o

KA

I usually advise my friends to book for no more than 3 nights at the first hotel they go to.

I figure that the first night and day will be a lost cause for them, as they experience some of what Pattaya has to offer, and get over their jet-lag/hang-overs.

The 2nd night/day may give them an opportunity to see more of the city, and perhaps find a different area in which they'd like to stay.

Then, after their 3rd night, they can move to an area more suited to their preference.

My first trip to Thailand, I started out paying 1,500 baht a night (back in the early 90's). Moved to another hotel a block away, 750 baht/night but no swimming pool (not that I cared).

3 days later moved to a hotel by the beach. 600 baht/night. Finally moved to another hotel, away from the main entertainment area (quiet at night) and was only paying 300 baht/night ! New hotel too (at the time).

Some people like to be by the beach. Some like having bars right out the front door. Others like to be able to sleep at night :o

Had one buddy, all enthused and hyper. Rented a room for a month. After the 2nd day, he decided he'd rather be in a different place, but was stuck (no refund). Live and learn !

Wise wise advice