Lost It's Smiles?

Sing_Sling

I really think the imigration officers are a different specie :D . I arrived many times at BKK and always i put up my biggest smile :D , and welcome the officer with a 'sawat dee krab', i never have had a response, even their faces don't show any expression! When i get my stamp (somehow i always worry they won't give me) i give a loud 'kop kun krab' :D , no response either! It can't be the smile, when checking in on a flight my smile somehow offen gets rewarded with a upgrade! :D Do you smile when you go true immigration after a long distance flight? Start with yourself could be a good suggestion :D . Just have fun, don't get annoyed, it's really not worth it. Don't like the touters or the taxi que?, did you ever try to pick up a taxi at the departures? Saves you the first Baht's! :o

Happy new year,

just me, :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still cringe when I remember a few years ago at Don Muang, having flown in from the UK I was waiting for the wife to change some money into baht, surrounded by touts. I had been inundated with offers of rides to places I had been to before and didn't wish to go again. I prefer the look away method when tired. An american couple that we had chatted with on the plane were getting their bags in order, they were to be picked up by a friend who lived in Bkk. A female airport rep asked them if they wanted a taxi/hotel/tour? The American lady replied " It's ok thanks , we have it covered! " . The airport person, while still grinning fired of a string of expletives bgeinning with " Ee-hah..." Ending in "EE mair mung". The American lady looked at me and said , " Isn't it great here , in LA the airport staff would never be so nice"

Yes I thought..........while hissing "EE hee men" at the startled Airport dolly..... :o

I still cringe when I remember a few years ago at Don Muang, having flown in from the UK I was waiting for the wife to change some money into baht, surrounded by touts. I had been inundated with offers of rides to places I had been to before and didn't wish to go again. I prefer the look away method when tired. An american couple that we had chatted with on the plane were getting their bags in order, they were to be picked up by a friend who lived in Bkk. A female airport rep asked them if they wanted a taxi/hotel/tour? The American lady replied " It's ok thanks , we have it covered! " . The airport person, while still grinning fired of a string of expletives bgeinning with " Ee-hah..." Ending in "EE mair mung". The American lady looked at me and said , " Isn't it great here , in LA the airport staff would never be so nice"

Yes I thought..........while hissing "EE hee men" at the startled Airport dolly..... :D

555555555555555.. naughty ! :o

totster :D

Obviously, you didn't 'get' the humour value attached to my post.

I'm not 'picky'. Mostly, after some time spent upon analysing the grammar etc, I THINK I can actually understand what a poster means to say. However, MISUNDERSTANDING a post is not an uncommon thing, which invariably leads to a breakdown of communication & unnecessary controversy.

It comes back to the emoticons issue.

Without a :D or a :o or a :D, posts will always be accepted in a serious manner IMO.

:D

I suppose that depends upon whether a person actually CAN read AND understand the ENGLISH being written/spoken. On the other hand, graphics do assist, albeit for the less literate, to understand a text. How are you at reading novels, which do not contain pictures? Do you often misunderstand the text? Or do you choose to only read novels with pictures?

I'm not 'picky'. Mostly, after some time spent upon analysing the grammar etc, I THINK I can actually understand what a poster means to say. However, MISUNDERSTANDING a post is not an uncommon thing, which invariably leads to a breakdown of communication & unnecessary controversy.

It comes back to the emoticons issue.

Without a :D or a :D or a :D, posts will always be accepted in a serious manner IMO.

I suppose that depends upon whether a person actually CAN read AND understand the ENGLISH being written/spoken. On the other hand, graphics do assist, albeit for the less literate, to understand a text. How are you at reading novels, which do not contain pictures? Do you often misunderstand the text? Or do you choose to only read novels with pictures?

Touched a nerve have we? Thought so. :D It's annoying when you're ridiculed isn't it? :D

Just for the record, I can't read and I don't know what a novel or, indeed, a picture is.

On the other hand, I can recognise a TV member with a microscopic penis just by reading their posts. :o

Have a nice day.

Just for the record, I can't read and I don't know what a novel or, indeed, a picture is.

On the other hand, I can recognise a TV member with a microscopic penis just by reading their posts. :o

As someone that is very interested in insulting posts, I predict that this one will be hard to top! :D

As someone that is very interested in insulting posts, I predict that this one will be hard to top! :D

I agree, excellent insult. :D

I agree, excellent insult. :D

:D:D

Obviously, you didn't 'get' the humour value attached to my post. :D:D:D

I'm not 'picky' :D . Mostly, after some time spent upon analysing the grammar etc, I THINK I can actually understand what a poster means to say :D . However, MISUNDERSTANDING a post is not an uncommon thing, which invariably leads to a breakdown of communication & unnecessary controversy :D .

Touched a nerve have we? Thought so. :D It's annoying when you're ridiculed isn't it? :D

I wasn't ridiculing anyone. Then again, if you rely upon pictures to tell you the story, I guess you could easily misunderstand this. NOW I'm ridiculing.

Just for the record, I can't read (how can you therefore reply to a post?) and I don't know what a novel or, indeed, a picture is. Dear oh dear!!!

What is a 'TV member'? Obviously an Americanism, which is unknown to the rest of the world.

Have a nice day.

You're right...you can't read. You must be American.

BTW, if I added 'emoticons' (see above) to my previous post, (you do know what 'previous' means, don't you?) would you have understood my intent? Sorry for using big words like 'intent' etc.

I'm not 'picky' . Mostly, after some time spent upon analysing the grammar etc, I THINK I can actually understand what a poster means to say :D . However, MISUNDERSTANDING a post is not an uncommon thing, which invariably leads to a breakdown of communication & unnecessary controversy .

Touched a nerve have we? Thought so. It's annoying when you're ridiculed isn't it?

I wasn't ridiculing anyone. Then again, if you rely upon pictures to tell you the story, I guess you could easily misunderstand this. NOW I'm ridiculing.

Just for the record, I can't read (how can you therefore reply to a post?) and I don't know what a novel or, indeed, a picture is. Dear oh dear!!!

On the other hand, I can recognise a TV member with a microscopic penis just by reading their posts. :D

What is a 'TV member'? Obviously an Americanism, which is unknown to the rest of the world.

Have a nice day.

BTW, if I added 'emoticons' (see above) to my previous post, (you do know what 'previous' means, don't you?) would you have understood my intent? Sorry for using big words like 'intent' etc.

Great response, that's without doubt put me in my place. :D

I'll think twice about crossing you again. :o

btw, do you have a microscopic penis?

I'm not 'picky' . Mostly, after some time spent upon analysing the grammar etc, I THINK I can actually understand what a poster means to say :D . However, MISUNDERSTANDING a post is not an uncommon thing, which invariably leads to a breakdown of communication & unnecessary controversy .

Touched a nerve have we? Thought so. It's annoying when you're ridiculed isn't it?

On the other hand, I can recognise a TV member with a microscopic penis just by reading their posts. :D

Have a nice day.

Great response, that's without doubt put me in my place. :D

I'll think twice about crossing you again. :o

btw, do you have a microscopic penis?

There is no microscope powerful enough that can actually see my penis :D . I assume the Americans will be the first to invent such a device as there are many microscopic penises in America that need to be identified :D . Enough 'emoticons' for you? Do you understand?

There is no microscope powerful enough that can actually see my penis :D . I assume the Americans will be the first to invent such a device as there are many microscopic penises in America that need to be identified :o . Enough 'emoticons' for you? Do you understand?

elkangorito, if I didn't know you better, I'd think you're attempting to call a truce? :D

I assume you realised this reply oozed sarcasm:

Great response, that's without doubt put me in my place.

I'll think twice about crossing you again.

Edited by game4shame

When I see the threads that DO get closed down..how come this racist thread...customs and immigration anywhere,,can run?

So now asking why customs and immigration officials don't smile is considered racist? Good Grief . . .

Particularly poignant when you read the rest of this post where you have and Aussie and a Yank slagging each other off, a kind of handbags at 20 paces.

Obviously, you didn't 'get' the humour value attached to my post. :D:D:D

I'm not 'picky' :D . Mostly, after some time spent upon analysing the grammar etc, I THINK I can actually understand what a poster means to say :D . However, MISUNDERSTANDING a post is not an uncommon thing, which invariably leads to a breakdown of communication & unnecessary controversy :D .

Have a nice day.

Hey , knock it off with the American bashing or you will be in a world of semi- colons .

When I see the threads that DO get closed down..how come this racist thread...customs and immigration anywhere,,can run?

So now asking why customs and immigration officials don't smile is considered racist? Good Grief . . .

Particularly poignant when you read the rest of this post where you have and Aussie and a Yank slagging each other off, a kind of handbags at 20 paces.

Well, sing sling, you have hit the nail right on the head. What started out as a nice quiet moan about immigration officials has turned into another flame fest.

Since you boys can't seem to play nice: Thread closed.