Democrat calls for PM Yingluck to review decision to bring up amnesty bill

webfact

Democrat calls for PM to review decision to bring up amnesty bill

BANGKOK, 25 July 2013 (NNT) – The Democrat Party is calling on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to review her decision to bring up the amnesty bill drafted by a Pheu Thai MP for House consideration on 7th of August 2013.

Democrat spokesman Chawanon Intarakomalyasut urged the government not to include the amnesty bill proposed by Pheu Thai MP for Samut Prakan Worachai Hema on the agenda of the House session scheduled for August 7th.

Chawanon said if the draft was approved, it would certainly bring conflicts and violence back to this nation, even though the amnesty bill was meant only for the people who had taken part in the protests. He added that the move was only to please some ‘Red Shirt’ leaders who missed out on minister positions, in order for the government to maintain its political stronghold.

Other than the amnesty draft bill, the appropriation bill for the fiscal year 2014 will be reviewed by the House as well, which is scheduled to be deliberated in the second and third meetings from 14-15 August, whereas the two-trillion-baht loan bill for the country's infrastructure development project will be considered the following week.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-25 footer_n.gif

"The Democrat Party is calling on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to review her decision..."

Utter gibberish. My cats had more input on this decision than Yingluck, and as far as I know they don't even follow politics that closely.

• Like 1

Dear Democrat spokesman Chawanon Intarakomalyasut, if you don't like a bill then you can bring up arguments against it during the debate and then vote against that bill. What, you cannot win the vote because you don't have a majority? Why didn't you win the majority? Because the majority of Thais don't like your party? Well bad luck for you but I am going to teach you a lesson for life: this is called Democracy, the majority wins, the minority looses!

Based on the name of your party we could expect you to know that, unless the name of your party is just another big lie! Other lesson: to make threats is not democratic either!

Dear Democrat spokesman Chawanon Intarakomalyasut, if you don't like a bill then you can bring up arguments against it during the debate and then vote against that bill. What, you cannot win the vote because you don't have a majority? Why didn't you win the majority? Because the majority of Thais don't like your party? Well bad luck for you but I am going to teach you a lesson for life: this is called Democracy, the majority wins, the minority looses!

Based on the name of your party we could expect you to know that, unless the name of your party is just another big lie! Other lesson: to make threats is not democratic either!

Oh my smile.png I am guessing you are fairly new to Thailand and Thai politics? Here is a lesson for your life: Thai politics has very little to do with democracy, no matter which party is in charge biggrin.png

And here again, people accept threats if they are coming from the "right" people and not if they are coming from the wrong people! And everybody accepts it! I've been in Thailand long enough to know how it works! Wich is why someone needs to teach them how things works and to those expacts who support murderers, it is not because you hate murderers that you will love thiefs, but I guess you have been in Thailand for so long that for you know it is "if you are not with me, you are against me!" so a lesson to you smart anti-democrats: There is another way!

And here again, people accept threats if they are coming from the "right" people and not if they are coming from the wrong people! And everybody accepts it! I've been in Thailand long enough to know how it works! Wich is why someone needs to teach them how things works and to those expacts who support murderers, it is not because you hate murderers that you will love thiefs, but I guess you have been in Thailand for so long that for you know it is "if you are not with me, you are against me!" so a lesson to you smart anti-democrats: There is another way!

I've read this twice and it makes no sense to me.

Can you try again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Your idea of democracy is very limited...

Can you try again?

+1

Can you try again?

+1

Let me do it again in a simple way:

if yellow shirt make threat, you think ok.

if red shirt make threat, you think not ok.

Me no like Abhisit or Taksin! You think if no like Abhisit, then like Taksin!

• Like 1

A call to review a decision let to all this? Amazingrolleyes.gif

Can you try again?

+1

Let me do it again in a simple way:

if yellow shirt make threat, you think ok.

if red shirt make threat, you think not ok.

Me no like Abhisit or Taksin! You think if no like Abhisit, then like Taksin!

That's much better - found a level.

Me no like yellow

Me no like red

Me no like Thaksin