Converting Tourist visa to Non B in thailand

I have a new teacher to be starting soon at my school, this is their first time in Thailand and she is here on a tourist visa, the school is looking to go through the motions of obtaining a teachers licence and work permit. My question is can the tourist visa be converted to a Non B in Changwattana in order to apply for the teachers licence, or does she have to go to Laos and obtain the non B. I think the latter is probably the case but if anyone knows differently please let me know.

You should apply for the WP first, for which you need the (waiver of) the teaching license, for which you need a non-B visa or non-O based on marriage.

Contact the Teachers Council first to see if they really need the person to have the non-B visa before they issue. They respond promptly to email inquiries, through their foreign relations unit. Do not use their normal email.

Contact the labour office first to see if they will issue without a teaching license. if not the trip will still be useful to get a WP3 form, to take to the consulate in Laos as proof that a wp has been applied for.

Maybe she is lucky, but I suspect she will need to go to Laos for a non-B visa.

My company took care of the paperwork for me when I dd it, but I converted a tourist visa to a non-immigrant 'b' visa at Chang Wattana. Back then, you were required to have 21 days remaining on the entry. I do believe that rule has been relaxed somewhat, but I am not certain!

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-cool.png: WORKING AS A TEACHER IN THAILAND

1. The application must be submit at least 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.
  2. 1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Visa Status Alteration and applies for non-immigrant visa; or

1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa.

3. A copy of passport pages (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM.6))
  4. Either one 4x6 cm photograph or one 2 inch size photograph
  5. Application fee of Baht 2,000
  6. To be a teacher in a government school or university

5.1 A cooperation letter from the dean (or higher) of university or from the director of academic institute lower than university for visa or visa status alteration (Attention: Immigration Commissioner, with the same date of the application)

5.2 A cooperation letter from the relevant department attached to the Ministry of Education or from the governor in the case of academic institute lower than university or from the office of educational service area for visa or visa status alteration (Attention: Immigration Commissioner, with the same date of the application)

5.3 An employment certification form (Labor Department Application Form)

5.4 A copy of the employment contract (effective on the date of the application)

5.5 The Applicant’s educational degree certificate (must be translated into Thai or English and certified by local or overseas Embassy or Consulate of the foreigner and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand) (For more information, please call 0-2575-1056-9), not less than Bachelor’s degree, academic transcript and evidence of TOEIC scores.

7. To be a teacher in a private school or university

6.1 A cooperation letter from the dean (or higher) of university or from the director of academic institute lower than university for visa or visa status alteration (Attention: Immigration Commissioner, with the same date of the application)

6.2 A cooperation letter from the relevant department attached to the Ministry of Education or from the governor in the case of academic institute lower than university or from the office of educational service area for visa or visa status alteration (Attention: Immigration Commissioner, with the same date of the application)

6.3 A letter from the principal or the manager of the International school (Attention: Immigration Commissioner, with the same date of the application)

6.4 An employment certification form (Labor Department Application Form)

6.5 A copy of the employment contract (effective on the date of the application)

6.6 The Applicant’s educational degree certificate, not less than Bachelor’s degree (must be translated into Thai or English and certified by local or overseas Embassy or Consulate of the foreigner and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand) (For more information, please call 0-2575-1056-9), academic transcript and evidence of TOEIC scores.

6.7 A copy of the license for establishment of the academic institute

6.8 A copy of the license to perform duty as management, manager, principal and director or the academic institute

Remarks

1. The Applicant must appear in person every time.

2. The Applicant must sign to certify on every page of the Applicant’s documents.

3. The university or school authorized signatory must sign to certify all documents and have them stamped with

the university or school’s official seal on every page.

4. To be convenient and for speedy service, the Applicant for visa or visa status alteration must arrange and

submit a complete set of documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof.

5. For more details, please visit our website at http://bangkok.immigration.go.th

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service#