New Frames, Old Lenses

mowlem

a few days ago, one of the struts on my glasses snapped, making the frames useless. Being a tight child of questionable parentage i wondered if anyone could recommend an optician who would just put the lenses into new frames?

I am in Bkk for a weekend only, so it would have to be sort of there and then.

a few days ago, one of the struts on my glasses snapped, making the frames useless. Being a tight child of questionable parentage i wondered if anyone could recommend an optician who would just put the lenses into new frames?

I had this done in our small town in Suphanburi so I reckon most any optician can do it. However, I wouldn't count on a turnaround of fewer than 2-3 days...

Any optician can do it, although you'll be limited in choice of frames to ones of similiar size and shape to the original.

assuming they are single-vision lenses ... it can be done ...

however if it has been awhile ... get new ones and a new vision test ....

there is a particularly inexpensive place in Siam Square ... 2nd floor above Boots right about the center of Siam Square ...

3 prices 999 1299 etc

includes vision test frames and single-vision glasses

I sat on my glasses, broke both hinges. Never put your glasses on the bed. :o

Anyway I happened to be in Penang, though I would guess any place would do, the optician sorted through a whole bunch of frames he had in stock, found a pair same shape as my lenses and that was that.

Easy - No problem – just paid for the frame. :D

Beachcomber.