90 report overdue what would you do

Cheers

Am on a retirement visa / extension of stay based on retirement, expires November 11, 2013. I am 9 days overdue on 90 day reporting. Have been here 13 years and only stayed 90 consecutive days in the kingdom thrice so reporting every 90 days is something i never think of except now.

I have a choice to turn myself in at Mai Sai and pay the 2K fine or exit the country at Mai sai and re-enter with my extension of stay expiring on Nov 11. I plan to exit the country and get a non 0 to visit friends and family in a consulate back in the US in November.

What do the experts think ? Will i get caught for missing the 90 day report and if so how.

Thanks

At the border they will not check, but they might spot it next time you go to an immigraiton office and charge you 2,000 baht.

Don't forget the re-entry permit if you leave Thailand.

I have multi-entry.

How will they spot it. Is there some notation in the passport stamp.

Best would be to just pay the 2000 baht fine.

You may discover a problem with getting your non-o visa unless you are married to a Thai or have a Thai child (no more to visit friends). You can get one for being over 5O at a honorary consulate. But they can no longer accept mail in applications in the US.

It would be better to get your extension before you leave.

At the border they will not check, but they might spot it next time you go to an immigraiton office and charge you 2,000 baht.

I have multi-entry.

From your previous entry and no records in computer of you making the report.

I have multi-entry.

Thanks Ubonjoe, makes sense now that if all is entered into the computer database the gap will appear.

I have a Thai wife for 10 years now and our 9 y/o son.

I have mixed it up over the years with marriage visas early on and then retirement, and if timing is right with trips back to the US a visit to the honorary consulate in Boston is a breeze for a one year multi.

Since the fine is 2k regardless of how long I am late will blast up to Mai Sai to sort it out at some point.

cheers

You don't have to get a new visa to change the reason for your extension. Just have the documents for the new reason when you apply and put new reason on TM7 application form.

If going from retirement to marriage be sure financials are not enough for retirement.

You don't have to get a new visa to change the reason for your extension. Just have the documents for the new reason when you apply and put new reason on TM7 application form.

If going from retirement to marriage be sure financials are not enough for retirement.

Understood, I prefer the one year multi i get in the states that can be stretched to 15 months. I try to avoid dealing with Thai immigration as much as possible. Honorary consulate in the US knows me so do not have to provide marriage docs or bank account info. Last time i forgot visa photos and it was no problem.

"Understood, I prefer the one year multi i get in the states that can be stretched to 15 months. I try to avoid dealing with Thai immigration as much as possible. Honorary consulate in the US knows me so do not have to provide marriage docs or bank account info. Last time i forgot visa photos and it was no problem. "

Which perhaps goes some way toward explaining the current "crackdown" on Hon. Consulates !

• Like 1

Just a quick question. Does visa extension count as 90 days report? I should report 20 July, but my vise and WP expired 21 July so all documents were with our agent. I got Passport and W/P back around 15 August and just to make sure I sent 90 days notification by post around 17 Aug. - no reply so far ...

Just a quick question. Does visa extension count as 90 days report? I should report 20 July, but my vise and WP expired 21 July so all documents were with our agent. I got Passport and W/P back around 15 August and just to make sure I sent 90 days notification by post around 17 Aug. - no reply so far ...

Extensions don't count as reports.

You were to late when you sent it if it was due in July. You now need to pay fine of 2000 baht.

Are sure agent didn't do it with extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

Only the first extension is counted as a 90 day report.

That depends on the office that you use. When I do my extension, the 90 day report form is removed from my passport and a new 90 day date is stapled into rhe passport without filling in a TM47 form starting the day the extension is done. It has been done this way for the past 4 years. Nakhon Sawan Immigration. The lady says that she does it to reduce her and my workload, one of the few things here that makes sense to me. But if you do not get a new 90 day report date then the extension does not count as the 90 day even though you have been in the office and reported your address - much like the UK that doesn't issue the required letter when you renew your passport to have the stamps transferred!

I have multi-entry.

<snip>

retirement, and if timing is right with trips back to the US a visit to the honorary consulate in Boston is a breeze for a one year multi.

Since the fine is 2k regardless of how long I am late will blast up to Mai Sai to sort it out at some point.

cheers

Honorary consulates in the US can no longer issue O-A visas. Only the Thai Embassy Washington DC, and consulates in NY, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Am I missing something? If you are on a multi-entry visa, you wouldn't need to do a 90 day as you would have to leave every 90 days! If you are 2 days over 7 days allowed, simple go to Doctors get a medical cert stating you where in bed ill, and go to the nearest Immigation office, any office is OK, sad face and cert you will get away with it if not, just pay it ain't a problem! You could post it too, express with the same info, make sure to include return address with postage. and that may save the fine too! just post date the application, they are aware how mail can get stuck in the system.

If you are leaving Thailand before November 11, and leaving via Swampy, then do nothing. At Swampy, they will almost certainly do nothing about your failure to have a 90 day reporting slip, so just relax and save the time, effort and money of going anywhere near immigration in the meantime.

Am I missing something? If you are on a multi-entry visa, you wouldn't need to do a 90 day as you would have to leave every 90 days! If you are 2 days over 7 days allowed, simple go to Doctors get a medical cert stating you where in bed ill, and go to the nearest Immigation office, any office is OK, sad face and cert you will get away with it if not, just pay it ain't a problem! You could post it too, express with the same info, make sure to include return address with postage. and that may save the fine too! just post date the application, they are aware how mail can get stuck in the system.

I think you are trying to say that if a person was on overstay they could go to a doctor and a letter saying you were sick causing the overstay.

If so that would never work. There have been people that ended up in the hospital due to an accident that still had to pay an overstay.

You can get a medical extension but that has to be done before overstay or pay fine and then possibly get the extension to avoid additional days.

Honorary consulates have never been able to issue OA visas.

They do issue a non-o visa for being over 50 years old for retirement.

This may be true now, but in the past honorary consulates could issue O-A visas.

Edited by marell

I haven't read the other replies, but here is what I did when I missed the 90 day report by about a week in April (I thought that because of the Songkhran holiday I would be permitted to do it on the next working day...I was wrong). The woman at immigration scolded me a little (very lightly...more the "hey, come on, you should make it on time thing) and then said she would have an error report on the computer and that I would have to pay a fine. Turned out to be 300 baht, which I was fine with. You are much better off just going into immigration and being honest about it. If you know one of the officers, even better. If it is the first time you have had anything like this, you will probably get off with a small fine. Be apologetic and just explain you were focusing on your visa expiration date and forgot the 90 day report ("oh, stupid me, sorry...don't know what I was thinking...sorry, etc.).

Good luck.

I have multi-entry.

Thanks Ubonjoe, makes sense now that if all is entered into the computer database the gap will appear.

I have a Thai wife for 10 years now and our 9 y/o son.

I have mixed it up over the years with marriage visas early on and then retirement, and if timing is right with trips back to the US a visit to the honorary consulate in Boston is a breeze for a one year multi.

cheers

I live in Chiang Rai. If you will do the report in Mae Sai, you may be lucky. Officers working in that office are very relaxed and may be will not notice your delay...They are very nice people. If they do, just ask for "clemency"...May work. If not just pay the fine and not worry doing something "fishy"..

Me, I'd leave the country, enjoy a holiday, and come back in before Nov 11. It may all cost more than B2000, but you're getting something for that B2000 and whatever else you spend. Otherwise, you're just throwing away the B2000.

With travel expenses and taking the time off work, it costs more than 2000 baht a year just to do the 90 day reporting at immigration. If you just could not be bothered sending them in by mail then basically all I did was take an extra 2000 bath for the annual extension of stay and pay the fine then. That covers you for a year worth of lateness!

Hi, don't worry as others have said report and pay the fine at your local immigration office, if you decide to leave the country they maybe more tougher at

the immigration exit point and i have seen this many times at Phuket airport where tourists have over stayed..

last month i was 35 days over my reporting, as i had just rolled over my retirement visa end may and i thought i had 90 days to end of august but my

last entry into phuket was mid april so my 90 days expired mid july, i reported to local phuket immigration branch and spoke with the local

voluntary police first and we just filled in the forms, my fine should have been about thb15/20,000 but because i reported and spoke with them

they only charged me thb1,500. my friend had a similar situation in phuket about 6 months ago but tried to argue and they charged him the full

wack thb15,000....

this is the first time i have gone over the 90 days and i have been living here on a retirement visa for about 6/7 years now..

good luck..

Thanks for all the input. Just curious about how diligent they really are with this 90 day reporting and if they really keep track of all the bits of information they collect. For the record I have never had an overstay or a single issue with immigration in 13 years. I was going to wait until immigration came to Central shopping center in Chiang Rai to sort this but the wife just told me this morning better go today. So i will go this morning to Mai Sai dressed accordingly and very humble. will let you know my fate later today.

Cheers

Hi, don't worry as others have said report and pay the fine at your local immigration office, if you decide to leave the country they maybe more tougher at

the immigration exit point and i have seen this many times at Phuket airport where tourists have over stayed..

last month i was 35 days over my reporting, as i had just rolled over my retirement visa end may and i thought i had 90 days to end of august but my

last entry into phuket was mid april so my 90 days expired mid july, i reported to local phuket immigration branch and spoke with the local

voluntary police first and we just filled in the forms, my fine should have been about thb15/20,000 but because i reported and spoke with them

they only charged me thb1,500. my friend had a similar situation in phuket about 6 months ago but tried to argue and they charged him the full

wack thb15,000....

this is the first time i have gone over the 90 days and i have been living here on a retirement visa for about 6/7 years now..

good luck..

The fine for late reporting is 2,000 baht if you report yourself, if they catch you they charge 4,000 baht. Maximum fine is 5,000 baht, set by law.

I think your friend was charged for overstay at 500 baht a day, with a maximum of 20,000 baht.