New delay for opening new Doha Airport.

yermanee

Doha airport is not owned or operated by Qatar Airways but it has been a pain for many years.

Why is this allowed on a TV thread? I guess so many of us travel through there.

This is the travel forum right?

The new airport WILL be operated by Qatar Airways.

Yermanee wai.gif

Trying to get a drink in Doha airport used to be nigh on impossible, hope the new terminal makes it easier. I'm guessing there is still the 15 minute bus ride to the aircraft?

It's not only the dreaded busrides.

Last time I transited through Doha Airport (May this year) the flight had to queue for 40 minutes to take-off because of congestion.

I'll wait for flying Qatar again till the new airport has opened and gotten rid off innitial flaws.

Might have to wait a long time tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Doha business class terminal is one of the best I have experienced.

I look forward to visiting again very shortly. smile.png

Hi Smokie,

Well Qatar has a 4 day sale starting today : 25 % off to all destinations.

Did a ghost booking and indeed cheap at 77.000 Bht return Brussels in business,

Will be able to enjoy the lounge for at least 9 Hrs in one direction though (for the dates I checked).

Cheers

Yermanee

Doha airport is not owned or operated by Qatar Airways but it has been a pain for many years.

Why is this allowed on a TV thread? I guess so many of us travel through there.

This is the travel forum right?

The new airport WILL be operated by Qatar Airways.

Yermanee wai.gif

Apologies, did not realise it was the travel forum.

Doha still a pain though and has been for many long years.

• Like 1

If indeed Qatar Airways operate the new Doha airport, then this is a recipe for disaster. QA should stick to first business principles; their skills lay in running an airline (apparently), surely not an airport. Still, at the end of the day it is the government (or those closely allied to the ruling family) that owns and operates big business in this part of the world and somehow they manage to overcome most problems by throwing money in their direction and blaming others to mitigate for loss of face.

Speaking of which, I bet my bottom dollar that the delay in the completion of the airport actually has nothing to do with Bechtel or DEPA, try looking at the payment record of the Client. On the matter of 'shifting the goalposts' the Arabs are past masters at that. Other than that I expect the end product will be most satisfactory despite the initial delays and bad press picked up along the way.

• Like 1