New bar/coffeeshop will open today in an interesteing soy in Udon

George Harmony

A young energetic Thai lady will open her new coffeeshop/bar in an interesting Soy in the center of Udon Thani offering also

her own home made Donuts. There are now already three farang style establishements in this Soy at a walking distance of Soy Sampan.

Read for more info: <<<< Link containing another forum has been removed >>>>

post-177483-0-29704400-1379302884_thumb.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

A young and energetic lady?

So when the next beer bar in Pattaya opens I wonder if the story will start with "An old, overweight and alcoholic man......"

Come on guys. Give her a chance. She made and sold Donuts before opposite housing complex Hansa in Udon Thani and starts today her own

bar/coffeeshop. Thus, a financially independent and energetic young lady.

For those who think you can barfine ladies....no...no....its a kind of a pub/coffeeshop. And tonight she will open and will offer free food,snacks and free donuts.

post-177483-0-63756500-1379328562_thumb.

Edited by George Harmony
  • Like 1

There are now already three farang style establishments in this Soy at a walking distance of Soy Sampan

Thus in a very short time there will be more outlets offering the same services, client base will not expand and businesses will go under.

Local client base minimal both Thai and foreign, limited disposable income from Thai consumers as well, plus of the oiling of the wheels of commerce as required by the constabulary no doubt.

Yet again we see that Thai's are imitators and not innovator in business and a host of other matters too.

I wish her luck, however I feel that the venture may well be an expensive short lived experiment, let's have an update in say 6 months time

There are now already three farang style establishments in this Soy at a walking distance of Soy Sampan
Yet again we see that Thai's are imitators and not innovator in business and a host of other matters too.

I wish her luck, however I feel that the venture may well be an expensive short lived experiment, let's have an update in say 6 months time

I dont quite understand above (1st quoted) sentence. This establishment, the bar attached to an apartment building, was already there.

Only few days ago she had the oportunity to take it over which she did. And in Udon I have never seen a bar offering home made donuts.

You feel that the venture will not exist long. Not only many farang style establishments can have a sort life in Udon but also many

Thai establishments. Main reason is the lack of a decent (long term) business plan. Or a rented establishment and the owner do not

want to extend the rent contract or in few cases the owner of the building triple the rent after a cetrain period.

I see here that she speaks and write english, have a FB page and a website (webpages). She is thus seriously doing her

best with or without help from others.

ARe you looking for donuts in Udon? She is already on the top 10 in google :)

• Like 1

Speaking about donuts (doughnuts):

Did you know that the donut is actually of Dutch descent? The old Dutch donuts of the first settlers in America were the basis for the current trendy donuts.

Mmmmm Olliebollen in Thailand - Yum yum!

http://www.memock.com/tag/oliebollen-in-thailand/

"Oliebollen" do remind me of my own far away past, in which the Dutch term "Oliebollen" was in use in our local semiconductor industry by a project leader to refer to other perfectly shaped all-round characters at work in other research departments, all being capable of accomplishing many smart things, except reducing friction. Btw. I do have an interesting looking picture too here of some home-made Dutch oliebollen. Indeed, not perfectly shaped, but I guess this is how they should look like:

Oliebollen.jpg

And, of course, I wish that lady a lot of success too with running her business ...

• Like 1

@jacnl2000, thats a nice picture. I have eaten myself a lot of oliebollen in NL.

@MeMock, my compliments for your very informative website.

Although I myself prefer oliebollen above donuts the lady who just opened her bar
offer tasty donuts. Pitty that there are no oliebollen to be found in Udon,
as far as I know. Perhaps I can ask if she is willing to learn to make oliebollen :)

Here is a picture of one of the donuts she offers.

donuts2.jpg

Popped to udon at the weekend to see friends and do a bit of shopping and fancied a donut and coffee, on their website they open at 10.30am, so arrived at 11am and shop closed with a sign on door saying open at 3pm so typical thailand website not worth a toss, and coffee shop open at 3pm what a waste of time, will not waste my time again.

Popped to udon at the weekend to see friends and do a bit of shopping and fancied a donut and coffee, on their website they open at 10.30am, so arrived at 11am and shop closed with a sign on door saying open at 3pm so typical thailand website not worth a toss, and coffee shop open at 3pm what a waste of time, will not waste my time again.

You were not the only one I think. Thats indeed not so good.

But she did excuse for it on her facebook page http://www.facebook.com/barzaudonthani and on her website http://www.infoudonthani.com/barza/

....for whats worth....????

Edited by George Harmony

You were not the only one I think. Thats indeed not so good.

But she did excuse for it on her facebook page http://www.facebook.com/barzaudonthani and on her website http://www.infoudonthani.com/barza/

....for whats worth....????

Well these are recent amendments, hopefully will all good in maybe 2 weeks?

• Like 1