Need new socket 775 mb

Somtamnication

I think that you will end up being SOL. I went looking for one of these in Bangkok a few months ago in order to repair up-country sister-in-law's Pentium 4 PC, and struck out everywhere. Pantip and Fortune included.

Eventually found a used one in Pantip. Despite being tested and guaranteed by the seller and being a really great price, my Ms. was aghast at the concept of anything used, so ended up buying her sister a new PC.

All the online stores are no longer carrying them. I do not want to buy the newer 1150 or 1155 sockets. Just need to replace the mb and keep all current components.

Any ideas?

I am in Phuket, so going to Panthip or Fortune, MBK is out of the question.

Tks

Had the same thing. I had a great Gigabyte main board but it broke down. One of the main boards with socket 775 still available in Thailand are the ASRock ones.
I bought one. It works and does the job but that's about it.
Give the shop below a try. Perhaps there's one in Phuket or order the mainboard online.

On Monday, I was in a shop in Tukcom in Pattaya that has new MSI G41M-P33 Combo uATX Socket-775 mobos for B1790. If you come up empty on your Bangkok visit, and are desperate, PM me and I'll see if they still have one. I could mail it to you, if need be. The "Combo" in the name means that it takes either DDR2 or DDR3 RAM. There are four RAM slots -- two DDR2 and two DDR3 -- and you can only use one pair or the other, not both. So you'd only be able to use one or two slots.

MY problem is finding a Socket 1156 mobo. I have an i5-760 CPU that I want to mount on a uATX motherboard. I can find Socket 775, which is older, but not a Socket 1156.

Edited to add: Misread the OP, thought he was going to Bangkok...

Edited by wpcoe

Advice: http://www.advice.co.th/products/

Click on "Mainboard" under "DIY Components" on left side.

Then click on "INTEL 775 (VGA On)".

They list 5 main boards - presumably with LGA 775 sockets and onboard VGA.

Advice are located in Chalong (50 metres up from the circle on the east side of Chao Fah East) and Phang Nga Road, Phuket Town.

Most helpful store in Phuket IMHO.