Mowing the Lawn....Need work Permit

I really hate these work permit laws but being a very law abiding person I cannt help but to follow the law. I really want to go out and mow the lawn when it is 40C and dig and take general care of the garden but unfortunately I cannot. I would also like to wash the car but again no work permit. Life is tough here in LOS but I bear it through gritted teeth but I do manage to open and pour a cold Chang very discretely of course as I do not want to fall foul of the law. Please TV members do not report me for this serious infringement.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The working of aliens act tries to regulate work, not washing your won dishes or mowing your own lawn.

An "act" can't "try" to do anything as it is not a sentient being. People on the other hand, may try to use the act to their own selfish benefit; and as immigration has stated over and over; EVERY complaint must be investigated. The way the law is worded, you most certainly could be arrested for mowing your own lawn; without doubt.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I believe it is a 1 baht fine for every 10 blades of grass slaughtered!!!

Just want to thank everyone who respond to this thread....I was half serious in posting it but the reality is, and I've lived here in Thailand for 9 years, that when something happens ....its the Thai word against the Farang word....guess which goes the furthest here in Thailand? Yeah ...you get it now....key is to stay out of trouble an remain under the radar.

• Like 1

Technically yes but in reality no dependent how far you go with your activities.

You you want to build an addition to your house by yourself that would be going to far.

I think it would be safe to say that about 90% of Thais don't know a thing about work permits being needed.

Built two houses myself simply as the local Thais couldnt hammer in a nail without f****ing it up 100% neither for sale or ever likely to be.

Don't know what parts of Thailand these blokes live in. The part of Isaan I live I regularly drive a Kubuta,

help my wife's Family with all the job's in rural Thailand, have done for years. The local BIB, just laugh

and wave.

Same here they call round regularly for a drink ( non alcoholic) and a chat but I do know it would be easy to fall out with them and probably end up in deep do do...........I avoid this at all costs.

All Western countries have laws which relate to "illegal working"

The UK Border force actively seeks out illegal workers.

Interestingly "illegal working" often also equates to illegal entry/overstayed visas and other breach's of law.

This issue is not about cutting grass !

So for example you came to England and cut your own grass or went out bought some building materials and built your own shed.

I really dont think they would be interested at all unless you were doing it for money at another person's house.

Last night during the rain our roof sprang a leaksad.png

Today I climbed on the roof and fixed the problem.

Should I now be awaiting Arrest? Fine? Deportation ?

Nothing will happen ! smile.png

People need to regain a sense of proportion

With your last sentence you have the immigration officers in mind, right ?

Last night during the rain our roof sprang a leaksad.png

Today I climbed on the roof and fixed the problem.

Should I now be awaiting Arrest? Fine? Deportation ?

Nothing will happen ! xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

People need to regain a sense of proportion

With your last sentence you have the immigration officers in mind, right ?

I have absolutely no fear of immigration officers but some of the comments made here terrify me !sick.gif