Air Asia "guest Support"

hughden

Five weeks ago I flew from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur with Air Asia. Upon arrival at KL airport, I discovered that my check-in bag had been destroyed, some of the contents were missing and many of the remaining items had been severely damaged.

Air Asia's response was that they would give me a new bag, but not for another two weeks! With no luggage available for my return to Bangkok three days later, I was forced to purchase a new bag myself in KL. The replacement bag promised by Air Asia never arrived; neither have they provided any response to my several e-mails to their "Guest Support" department requesting compensation for my damaged possessions and for the replacement bag.

It would appear that the price you pay for low-cost travel is very low-quality customer service.

post-3752-1145881001_thumb.jpg

post-3752-1145881019_thumb.jpg

post-3752-1145881040_thumb.jpg

I travelled with them once, NEVER AGAIN. They are woeful, They changed gates in KL at the last moment, of course a mad rush to the new gate, I had my 2 daughters with me 4 years and 2 years old. I couldn't get to the gate as fast, so we were all separated by rows. They expected me to leave my girls parked all around the plane. No attempt to try and shift passengers so I could at least sit beside the older one and keep the yougest on my knee. They lost my baggage, although it did turn up the next day, I still had to go and pick it up myself. I would sooner walk than go with clowns again.

The Air Asia experience is quite good once you are on the plane sitting in your seat, apart from that customer service non existent, in any respect, but as BM says if you're a cheapskate can't beat it.

Yesterday they cancelled the Udon-Bkk at the last moment,no explanation,and offered the chance to fly with Nok ,one hour later,but only if some Nok passenger did renounce to travel!

At my request to reimbourse the tickets,they told me that I would have to wait over two weeks.

Only after speaking with the senior person in the office had my money back!

And then,of course,it was a nice :D bus ride. :o

The last time I flew with AirAsia my wife and I checked in at Don Muang for the Penang flight well within in the recommended time but it was obvious that the two desks operating were woefully inadequate for the number of pax intent on boarding. Baggage problems etc. compounded the delay and it was fairly evident the aircraft was not likely to make its slot.

Eventually, a third desk opened up and I was beckoned to it but was swiftly overtaken by a scrum of demented asians not constrained by anything remotely akin to politeness.

I lost my temper. At a range of about 20 ft I described to the staff exactly how I felt about their operations, the ignorance of my fellow pax and their failure to marshall a queue to account for it. A farang who had hitherto been languishing on the sidelines swiftly spoke to one of the staff who quickly peeled off and took my booking receipt and checked us in. It transpired the farang was the OPS manager ...... we didn't need to talk, his hunted look was sufficient.

Jai yen yen is one thing but it seems the occidental way still has its place, certainly at airports. If you don't get satisfaction, make a fuss. It might be a waste of time but at least it makes you feel better.

Yeah, making a fuss can be satisfying! In the absence of any response from the Air Asia, I have amused myself by posting my little story above in every slightly-relevant forum I can find, and have written to every newspaper in the country in which Air Asia operates. Every submission is being copied to the Guest Relations black hole e-mail and also intend sending a paper copy to the head of guest relations and the MD.

It may not elicit any response; but generating even a little bit of negative publicity for them makes me feel good.

My next step will be to chain myself to the railings outside their BKK office, wearing nothing but my destroyed baggagas as a cover for my naughty bits.

I have also experienced a cancelled flight; luckily I was able to get on a TG flight instead, but I am still waiting for my refund.

I love Air Asia .... but unlike some posters here ... I think of them as a very fast bus ... it is cattle-car service at best.

As for that checked bag .... looked like lots of stuff to get snagged in a machine .... seasoned travellers should know better.

I've flown with Air Asia about 30 times total ... other than some delayed flights I have not had a problem. Then again ... expecting alot for a little will lead people right over to the gems scam thread in the general topics :o

"As for that checked bag .... looked like lots of stuff to get snagged in a machine .... seasoned travellers should know better."

There wasn't lots of stuff to get snagged in a machine when I checked it in! If an airline accepts a bag for check in without requiring a limited release; then they are responsible if it is damaged in transit.

Anyway, my extended moaning to various forums (all copied to Air Asia), has worked and I have today received a grovelling e-mail assuring me that they investigating urgently.