Voip Phone

stats

I haven't searched EXTENSIVELY, but I'm pretty certain you will not find such things in the usual computer/IT outlets. There should be vendors here that import these items and sell them as consultants, not as retailers, but I haven't checked that channel, not in Thailand anyway.

As I spend a lot of time working in Taiwan, I checked the retail "3C" outlets there and, despite the fact that a couple of the devices I was looking for were Made in Taiwan, no one sells them there. I suspect, as far as VOIP hardware goes, Asia is pretty far behind the curve. We have a consultant there which supplied us with 4 and 8 channel FXO and FXS devices and IP phones. But even they can not find us a single-line FXS. Eventually we ended up buying from a US web site and shipping here.

Most Voip phone you find are nothing nore than cheap mics and headsets with built in numeric pads. You do not need a "Voip Phone" to take advantage of the Voip function. All you need is a nice headset & mic that plugs into you PC The Voip software has the dialpad built in.

If you really want a phone take a look at what will be available soon for Skype...

http://us.accessories.skype.com/direct/sky...l.jsp?prod=3059

Edited by sfokevin

I haven't searched EXTENSIVELY, but I'm pretty certain you will not find such things in the usual computer/IT outlets. There should be vendors here that import these items and sell them as consultants, not as retailers, but I haven't checked that channel, not in Thailand anyway.

As I spend a lot of time working in Taiwan, I checked the retail "3C" outlets there and, despite the fact that a couple of the devices I was looking for were Made in Taiwan, no one sells them there. I suspect, as far as VOIP hardware goes, Asia is pretty far behind the curve. We have a consultant there which supplied us with 4 and 8 channel FXO and FXS devices and IP phones. But even they can not find us a single-line FXS. Eventually we ended up buying from a US web site and shipping here.

i know the guy who keeps the 2 port FXS unit for mobif.com.my in thailand.

if you need it you can PM me for his mobile number.

btw do you happen to know where can i get a FXS to FXO converter?

sawasdeetalk(Dot)com

Another service for VOIP .. but i dont know weather they are reliable.. not much information on the shipping method for the broadban phone

Still looking around..

Any chance if i could get a broadban phone at Pantip ?

Most Voip phone you find are nothing nore than cheap mics and headsets with built in numeric pads. You do not need a "Voip Phone" to take advantage of the Voip function. All you need is a nice headset & mic that plugs into you PC The Voip software has the dialpad built in

You are confusing actual 'IP phones' with the cheap Skype "toy phones" that are popping up everywhere these days. IP phones plug directly into a router or hub and connect to SIP or H.323 proxies or gatekeepers via an IPPBX. Unlike those Skype phones, VOIP phones function like real POTS telephones and do not require a computer. They're pretty cool, but at US$100+ each they are not for the casual home VOIP user.

Hey everyone...

Anyone know where i could buy a VOIP/IP Phone in Bangkok ??? And how much would it cost ?

Cheers

Tytus

I have a friend that has a Wi-Fi device he never used. cost him 150$ plus shipping ++ but will probably pass it for his direct cost. If interested will connect u2.

Yes it is. I am using broadvoice.com int'l package that gives unlimited on 35 countries (land lines) for less then $28 per month. They gives a normal device for "free" but u will pay the shipping and if u cancel the subscription then u will pay for the device if not returned. Since shipping will cost same u just pay...

The Wi-Fi VoIP looks like a cell phone. My friend is too old and the only reason he learned how to open a computer few months ago was to see web TV... this was too complicated for him :o

I am using my device on True with no problems before but the past 2 weeks my softphone I use on the notebook is giving me problems since their QoS is keeps falling. Ping the servers gives a very poor result. I am considering dumping true for a better alternative. Any idea who gives the best quality these days?

until u find your device try the program from xten.com if using the bad quality that true gives now u will need to increase the timeout settings about 10 times of defaults... lite version is free. They sell a version for pocket PC. if u use a fast provider like D-TAC it is a nice alternative. it can switch automatically to use the Wi-Fi connection when u r in range and even lets u conference the VoIP with a normal cell call... I think it is only 25 or 35$, the cheapest solution if u have a pocket PC.