Icelandic Man Looking for Thai People Who Saved His Life 9 Years Ago

Rimmer

Icelandic Man Looking for Thai People Who Saved His Life 9 Years Ago

229.jpg

PATTAYA:--An Icelandic man returned to Thailand after his car accident that happened 9 years ago in order to ask police and media groups to find the group of Thai people who saved his life.

October 3, 2013 [PDN]; Mr. Ronan Brady, aged 35, went to Pattaya Police Station in order to ask police officers to find the group of Thai people who had saved his life in a fatal car accident 9 years ago. Mr. Brady said that he wanted to thank the group of Thai people for saving his life.

Mr. Ronan revealed that the Thai people saved his life in an accident on January 2, 2003. He said that he had collided into a Jeep car in South Pattaya,

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/05/icelandic-man-looking-for-thai-people-who-saved-his-life-9-years-ago/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-10-06

2004 Irish crash survivor’s search for Pattaya Motorbike Taxi “hero”

irish-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--An Irishman who suffered severe burn injuries in a Pattaya road crash which occurred on New Year’s Day in 2004 has returned to Pattaya to look for a Motorbike Taxi Driver who pulled him from the burning wreckage and saved his life.

Mr. Ronan Bradley aged 35 from the Republic of Ireland came to Pattaya in December 2003 for a Holiday and hired a Honda CBR Motorbike. Early on 1st January 2004 he was involved in a road crash with a Jeep which caused both vehicles to explode.

A Motorbike Taxi Driver reportedly pulled Mr. Bradley from the wreckage and contacted Police and rescue services so they could attend to the victim who had sustained serious burns.

Mr. Bradley spent 8 days in Hospital in Pattaya and then flew back to Ireland where he continued his recovery which included 12 operations.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/104930/2004-irish-crash-survivors-search-pattaya-motorbike-taxi-hero/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-06

An Irishman who suffered severe burn injuries in a Pattaya road crash ...

It seems Pattaya One is doing better than Pattaya Daily News when it comes to nationalities.

Extremely negative post directed at Thai's removed from view. If all you want to do is hack on Thai's, why are you even here?

"If all you want to do is hack on Thai's, why are you even here?"

A classic mystery that has remained unsolved for years.

Icelandic??rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif Ireland me thinks. Iceland, Ireland sound same same.

Good luck to the guy all the same.

With a name like Ronan Brady, Ireland for sure.

Still, Thais have always been useless at geography, or a sub-editor made a typo ...

Ah, having read more posts above, rubbish reporting is the answer, it seems.

Edited by Mister Fixit

More a comment on the fact-checking...

!st report says the accident was in January 2003, so I figured they couldn't count when they said 9 years ago.

2nd report says the accident was in January 2004, so maybe the first reporter can count, and just had a typo.

I will admit - when I read the headline about someone coming to thank the people who saved him 9 years ago, I was assuming it was a tsunami story.

I met Ronan and at my friend's bar on Saturday night - an incredibly nice bloke and typical stoical Ulsterman. The story does indeed have a happy ending as he found one of the men involved in saving his life. He has been back to Thailand 5 times in 10 years and my friend has been involved in weeding out the "heroes" coming forward in the hope of some reward money! This would happen anywhere, of course.

Sadly, the second man involved in the incident has since died but Ronan has traced his wife and family and is arranging to take them all out for a meal.

I think we often forget on TV there is good and bad in every culture. Ronan's life was saved by 2 genuine Thai heroes.

• Like 1