Anger Mismanagement: Raging motorist rams Ducati, learns expensive lesson

webfact

If there are Thai Superbike owners in BKK, their bikes, by-and-large, are garage queens never sullied on the streets of Krungthep. and frankly, thats to the benefit of us ACTUAL DUCATI RIDERS: they take the bullet of paying 'Full Retail' with all taxes, and then in a few years of rarely riding the bikes, they realize they have not the Stones to ride a proper Superbike, and that BKK is not the place for them in any case. Soon they agree with the Wife to sell the beauty [the bike, not the wife since that would cost them Half of Everything they Own] at a serious discount! That's where WE come in biggrin.png

Enjoy the ride!

I'd have to agree with this, most big bikes at my condo are rarely ridden and the more expensive the bike the less it seems to move. There was a black 1098S sat in the same spot for the first 18 months I lived there, gathering dust on the seat and rust on the chain. It was never ridden (and I mean NEVER). Then one day it disappeared.

A BMW 1200GS occasionally makes it to the end of the soi to test whatever new accessory has been added, then it's back on the centre stand and under the cover.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow- there's even a schism between the 'lower end' Ducati owners and the superbike owners...

Hey, bb- how can you tell if a Ducati owner is the original purchaser or one who snagged a cheap bike secondhand? By his leathers? There's got to be a way to differentiate between 'us' and 'them'.;)

I only own a lowly Kawasaki, so I guess all Ducati owners look down on me.:)

Wow- there's even a schism between the 'lower end' Ducati owners and the superbike owners...

Hey, bb- how can you tell if a Ducati owner is the original purchaser or one who snagged a cheap bike secondhand? By his leathers? There's got to be a way to differentiate between 'us' and 'them'.;)

I only own a lowly Kawasaki, so I guess all Ducati owners look down on me.:)

Of course :) No point denying it even if you don't like it...

The guy in my condo with the GS is very standoffish. I'm willing to bet if I rolled in on a new Panigale he'd be my new best friend. In contrast, I've met some great Thais on the road but most of them are riding small bikes and often in clubs, KSR clubs, Honda Cub clubs etc.

Many Thais buy a big expensive bike for fashion or as a status symbol, I don't have a problem with it but it is what it is...

^

I get it- I don't talk to anyone with less horsepower than me- we all have our standards...;)

I just thought it was a silly comment.

The BMW guy probably still wouldn't be your buddy if you rode an expensive spaghetti burner- if it ain't German, the Beemer guys don't wanna know about it.:)

• Like 1

...how can you tell if a Ducati owner is the original purchaser or one who snagged a cheap bike secondhand? ... <snip>

There's a joke in there somewhere!

But, I don't think looking at their gear is an indicator; I've bought new Ducs, old beater Ducs, and have a Vanson jacket I bought new in the early '90's. It's been through a bit of weather, threw it down the road once with me in it, and it looks well used. But I can't seem to part with it, its an old friend! Usually Duc riders in the West who ride at-speed are well protected with proper gear.

Now once I saw a dude hop off a new, all white 1098 wearing all white gear: helmet, leathers, gloves and boots... all sparkling new. This was at biker haven Newcome's up Angeles Crest in the mountains North of LA. There was a lot of snickering in the parking lot.

I've not seen any schism at-large within the Ducatisti, either online or in my own observations of a narrow cross section of riders here and in the US. These things are individual perspectives, so don't apply generally to a large group.

To me, as long as somebody rides, any bike, and doesn't behave like a Tool, like this tosser:

post-111479-0-31541400-1382120291_thumb.

...they have my respect as a fellow Rider. Even the n00bs, because we all had to start riding at some point!

Edited by bbradsby

^

I get it- I don't talk to anyone with less horsepower than me- we all have our standards...wink.png

I just thought it was a silly comment.

The BMW guy probably still wouldn't be your buddy if you rode an expensive spaghetti burner- if it ain't German, the Beemer guys don't wanna know about it.smile.png

and the Harley guys who ride the 'Big Harleys' seem to look down on Sportster riders... say they're for girls. In the US, the dealers target market the Sporties to women and beginner riders. Go figure.

Edited by bbradsby