Thaksin Shinawatra escapes 'terrorism' charge

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm afraid THIS is politics all over the world ! It works the same in every single country you look at ! USA being the number 1 offender of talking kaka... Everything is a side show to the people while they tell you any wild excuse why it's happening , usually the wilder the better. The more unbelievable the lie, the more people will believe it..! Same thing here with Thaksin, no one with any kind of sense of reality would say that the red shirts where not led, inspired, and influenced massively by Thaksin, but here we are they turn it around and blame the violence on the military using force ! It's UN-BE-LEIVABLE ! Furthermore , doesn't people realise that the powers that be in Thailand run both sides, and encourage tension?

She would have gone around telling the world, yes, they convicted my brother for apparently organising people to burn down a shopping centre, and that puts my brother up there with Osama Bin Laden

I believe the burning down of a shopping center was only a very small part of the whole picture. I seem to remember Thaksins name being mentioned in the same sentence as the word "genocide" a few years ago. Something to do with him being involved with the "removal" of quite a lot of people. This guy attracts nasty charges like a magnet. Perhaps one day justice will be served.

There are a lot of differences between Thaksin and someone like Abhisit. For one thing Abhisit is not a criminal on the run too afraid to come home and face charges, or meet a fate much worse. whistling.gif

Thats because his ass is covered by the Emergency Decree and he knows that

Abhisit has dismissed the case as political retribution and said he’d sue the DSI for violating the law in bringing the charges. An emergency decree in place during the protests provides him immunity if the actions were not discriminatory or disproportionate, he said, adding that a court confirmed that armed people were among the protesters.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-21/abhisit-defends-thai-army-actions-in-fighting-murder-charges.html

However, it remains to be seen if a court sees the implementation of live fire zones and use of troops to fire live ammunition at unarmed citizens is regarded as disproportionate hence his desperate caveat at the end of his speech - that's if he ever gets near a court that is.

Edited by fab4

But he can't escape karma, nor his insecurities that gnaw at him.

His ego won't allow that.

And whilst all of this bullsh1t is going on, the rift between the two major factions of this society just gets wider and wider.

What happens now to the "murder" charges against Abhisit and Suthep? If this kind of treatment is thought to be 'reasonable' for the PTP, the red shirts and their 'true' Prime Minister, then why should the Democrats be treated any differently?

I have always said that a coup was not the way forward, as I think the only way to dispose of these crooks, once and for all, is through the ballot box. Sadly, the followers of this mafia, which thinly disguises itself as a government, are just too plain stupid to see through the facade, so there may be little choice left to those who oppose them.

Abhisit and Suthep are not PTPredshirts hence the persecution marches on.

He may have been absolved by the OAG & the court, but he still has to set foot in Thailand and that is when the knives and guns will come out.

He is a wanted man, wanted by those who adore him and by those who hate him.

The sad part is those who want him are the ones who he will use to enrichen himself.

One step closer.

It's going to be a wonderful homecoming.

Particularly if it is fatal.

Not wishing any harm just pointing out what can happen in Thailand when you piss the wrong person off.

• Like 1

We'll Nickymaster, just so we are clear here ; this goes back to my last comment about how powers that be just do what they want to, and through different ways get people to follow, Osama Bin Laden was NEVER charged with 9/11 ... Ever! On the FBI most wanted list it had him there charged with bombing a boat or something but not any word about 9/11 .. When asked why they have not mentioned 9/11 on the FBI's charges against him, their answer was " there's no evidence he was involved in 9/11"... That's a quote. Ask most people around the world and they will tell you he was brought to justice for 9/11.. It's a great example of what I mentioned before.

Obumer's record speaks for itself . Done nothing, will do nothing of value.... Can't even start a war when both the Saudis and qataris were chomping at the bit to fund it . Coloured crap.... White trash.... All idiots. Dr. T at least has balls

And a decent set of golf clubs to boot.

Obummer can't as he doesn't call the shots as a puppet: the cartel of the 6 main world banks pull his strings.

'Dr. T' has few manly aspects to him, just a cunning approach to business and unwillingless to accept anything which doesn't go his way, in my opinion.

Edited by gemini81

Completely untrue? Do you think that this is a new accusation? From the OP

No need to apologise - nobody on here appears to do so when they're proved to be wrong.

Indeed, and how convenient. "I'm the current attorney-general, i am the one announcing this decision, but just in case you have any queries or questions about this decision, it wasn't me, it was the geezer that came before me, and you can't ask him any questions, cause he isn't here"... so that's the end of that debate.

Surprising how naive to a bit of diplomatic political spin, or BS to put it another way, people can be when they so choose.

In the light of

BANGKOK: -- Former attorney general Chulasingh Vasantasingh on Friday said he was responsible for the prosecution decision to drop terrorism charge against the former prime minister. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/673837-thaksin-shinawatra-escapes-terrorism-charge/page-3#entry6913486

being posted,

I've changed my mind - perhaps both you and waza can apologise, waza for saying I was completely wrong and you for calling me naive and saying I was wrong

Read your post again and you will see I have nothing to apologies for, my post stands.

Read your post again and you will see I have nothing to apologies for, my post stands.

Completely untrue? Do you think that this is a new accusation? From the OP

No need to apologise - nobody on here appears to do so when they're proved to be wrong.

Indeed, and how convenient. "I'm the current attorney-general, i am the one announcing this decision, but just in case you have any queries or questions about this decision, it wasn't me, it was the geezer that came before me, and you can't ask him any questions, cause he isn't here"... so that's the end of that debate.

Surprising how naive to a bit of diplomatic political spin, or BS to put it another way, people can be when they so choose.

In the light of

BANGKOK: -- Former attorney general Chulasingh Vasantasingh on Friday said he was responsible for the prosecution decision to drop terrorism charge against the former prime minister. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/673837-thaksin-shinawatra-escapes-terrorism-charge/page-3#entry6913486

Excuse me when does the former attorney General make decisions as to who goes and who stays today.

I personally am shocked at the number of farongs who condone Thaksin"s actions in the 2010 failed coup.

There are many reasons to come to Thailand.

Some for good reasons and some not so good reason.

I have been here 7 years and met many farongs who call Thailand home some out of love for the country and the culture some because it is more viable for them financially some for the cheap sex and easy access to drugs.

Then there are those because they just aren't wanted any more where they come from and they bring the same attitude and life style with them.

• Like 1

She would have gone around telling the world, yes, they convicted my brother for apparently organising people to burn down a shopping centre, and that puts my brother up there with Osama Bin Laden

I believe the burning down of a shopping center was only a very small part of the whole picture. I seem to remember Thaksins name being mentioned in the same sentence as the word "genocide" a few years ago. Something to do with him being involved with the "removal" of quite a lot of people. This guy attracts nasty charges like a magnet. Perhaps one day justice will be served.

There are a lot of differences between Thaksin and someone like Abhisit. For one thing Abhisit is not a criminal on the run too afraid to come home and face charges, or meet a fate much worse. whistling.gif

Yes, the drugs crack down was by most reasonable people's view extra-judicial. Did he order it to be extra-judicial? Did it have widespread support for how it was carried out? I am not comparing him to Abhisit. That isn't the point.

The issue is, can he be provably called a terrorist? I say, it was silly to chase him on that accusation full stop.

• Like 1

The Bangkok Post itself posted on the front page complete details of the vast sums of money that came out of the gangs bank accounts to fuel the riots. Though the courts may rule as such, and to be expected, most people are aware of the truth.

Exactly, except you probably should have added "most people with half a brain are aware of the truth". Even some Thai people I have known for the eight years I have lived in and visited Thailand will tell you what is going on regarding the despot from the Middle East. For some reason the deluded foreigners who jumped on the Thaksin bandwagon when they thought he was a God who would live forever cannot seem to wrap their heads around it. Some people are slow learners or don't have the guts to admit they worship a weasel. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Chulasingh admits dropping Thaksin's charge

BANGKOK: -- Former attorney general Chulasingh Vasantasingh on Friday said he was responsible for the prosecution decision to drop terrorism charge against the former prime minister.

"I am responsible for not trying Thaksin Shinawatra," he said, testifying in a House subcommittee.

Chulasingh justified his decision by saying that Thaksin's involvement in the 2010 political mayhem happened outside Thailand.

The other reason was he believed even if Thaksin had not made the phone-in, protesters would still carry out their activities.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-10-11

I love this. Not damned if you did, not damned if you didn't.

What on earth has genocide got to do with erasing druggies and their ilk? The killing may well have been extra-judicial but it was a great idea and quite a success. Funny how rapidly the opposition embraced the specter of violated 'human rights' as that concept itself is anathema to most of the populace since it mostly goes against their right to sanuk and mai pben rai. Maybe your are referring to indirectly causing the death of non- Buddhist insurgents by suffocation and condoning atrocities by the navy against ethnic minorities fleeing persecution in neighboring countries? Yup, doesn't apply either.

It is quite naive to believe the leader of the Democrats would be hanging around Khlong Tan Nuea if he was the subject of trumped up charges. He may have an Oxford education but he is still a local.

The Bangkok Post itself posted on the front page complete details of the vast sums of money that came out of the gangs bank accounts to fuel the riots. Though the courts may rule as such, and to be expected, most people are aware of the truth.

Exactly, except you probably should have added "most people with half a brain are aware of the truth". Even some Thai people I have known for the eight years I have lived in and visited Thailand will tell you what is going on regarding the despot from the Middle East. For some reason the deluded foreigners who jumped on the Thaksin bandwagon when they thought he was a God who would live forever cannot seem to wrap their heads around it. Some people are slow learners or don't have the guts to admit they worship a weasel. whistling.gif

That must leave you with less than half a brain as all of those frozen accounts which were libellously published in the media were later cleared and unfrozen.

& as for what "some Thai people I have known" tell you; stop hanging around with Dr. Tul & other members of PEFOT, learn Thai and realise that they represent a pitiful minority.

I asked a fortune teller today a man without mentioning a name. She only said that such an man would be haunted by the ghosts of the dead for the rest of his life. She continued: he would never have peace in his sleep and that he would never find happiness or satisfaction in anything he does because everything in his life has been done for selfish reasons. She mentioned that that the man had been cursed, and that no charlem shaman could lift the aforementioned curse. True story, honest!

To that add the multiple visits from Red Shirt leaders to Dubai, specially Kattiya who claimed to be taking orders directly from Thaksin.

Let´s see, a deranged general who loved to lob grenades taking his orders from Thaksin, dozens of bomb attacks throughout Bangkok, specially to bank branches that held Thaksins frozen assets... that seems like a pretty good reason to start an investigation on terrorsim.

But no, Thaksin wasn´t in Thailand so he couldn´t possibly be involved on anything, yeah, right.

• Like 2

To that add the multiple visits from Red Shirt leaders to Dubai, specially Kattiya who claimed to be taking orders directly from Thaksin.

Let´s see, a deranged general who loved to lob grenades taking his orders from Thaksin, dozens of bomb attacks throughout Bangkok, specially to bank branches that held Thaksins frozen assets... that seems like a pretty good reason to start an investigation on terrorsim.

But no, Thaksin wasn´t in Thailand so he couldn´t possibly be involved on anything, yeah, right.

Let's see; I get a visitor who then goes on to commit a crime. Am I guilty of that crime? Stupid reasoning.

Edited by Rich teacher

Let's see; I get a visitor who then goes on to commit a crime. Am I guilty of that crime? Stupid reasoning.

If you are aware, finance or help organise that crime then yes you are.

It is indeed a stupid reasoning, try something smarter next time; if possible based on what was actually written instead of an inane strawman argument.

I asked a fortune teller today a man without mentioning a name. She only said that such an man would be haunted by the ghosts of the dead for the rest of his life. She continued: he would never have peace in his sleep and that he would never find happiness or satisfaction in anything he does because everything in his life has been done for selfish reasons. She mentioned that that the man had been cursed, and that no charlem shaman could lift the aforementioned curse. True story, honest!

Are you describing a person who rarely smiles ??

I guess the banks never kept a record of the money trail coming from Thakin, through his sisters accounts to the Redshirt hired goons.

At the time, the authorities noted that it is very hard to trace cash - and the bagman (YS) was carrying very large wedges of it.

Calling the entire red event terrorism was a legal stretch anyway.

Pursuing Thaksin on terrorism charge was always going to be difficult issue. Could you imagine if Thailand had actually convicted him of terrorism, so that the current incumbent prime minister would have been the sister of a convicted terrorist? She wouldn't be able to meet half the worlds' politicians and leaders. As ludicrous as Thailand can appear on the global stage, that would have been a step to far.

Well, he was convicted of fraud* and then did a runner. That he is a felon fugitive doesn't seem to have put a dent in her activities! She is after all just a wandering photo-op.

He is a convicted crook and bailjumper and Yingluck is a bagman promoted by TS to be his sockpuppet. It is all so tawdry that it defies belief - but hey, welcome to Thailand!

*Interestingly Thaksin's defense was not that he didn't do it, but that it wasn't actually against the law. The court grew some, overturned their previous position on a technical matter (as is the courts prerogative) and decided his feeble explanation was worthy of contempt and slammed him. AFAIK 7 other similar cases are awaiting his return for trial. Justice might get him in the end.

• Like 2

That must leave you with less than half a brain as all of those frozen accounts which were libellously published in the media were later cleared and unfrozen.

Wow, had no idea people could actually become so brainwashed as to believe any crap that was served up to them. Almost feel sorry for people who adore rotten to the core maniacs. Almost, but not quite.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, it was by far the funniest thing I had read for quite a while. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And anyone with half a brain, who had spent at least five minutes in Thailand, would know that anything you read in the papers that goes against Thaksin or his PTP party has been "libellously published"... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Wow, had no idea people could actually become so brainwashed as to believe any crap that was served up to them. Almost feel sorry for people who adore rotten to the core maniacs. Almost, but not quite.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, it was by far the funniest thing I had read for quite a while. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And anyone with half a brain, who had spent at least five minutes in Thailand, would know that anything you read in the papers that goes against Thaksin or his PTP party has been "libellously published"... thumbsup.gif

Well, from the man that laps up yellow propaganda with his cornflakes & milk in the morning, could you please offer some concrete evidence to back up these hackneyed claims that Thaksin financed the red shirt uprising?

Well, from the man that laps up yellow propaganda with his cornflakes & milk in the morning, could you please offer some concrete evidence to back up these hackneyed claims that Thaksin financed the red shirt uprising?

I neither support nor particularly even like the Yellow Team, so you wasted a shot there. You must be one of the chosen few who don't know what is going on in Thailand these past few years. Do us a favor, go away, study up and then come back with some words of wisdom. Until then do not address any more comments at me because I won't respond to brainwashed trolls.

• Like 2

I neither support nor particularly even like the Yellow Team, so you wasted a shot there. You must be one of the chosen few who don't know what is going on in Thailand these past few years. Do us a favor, go away, study up and then come back with some words of wisdom. Until then do not address any more comments at me because I won't respond to brainwashed trolls.

just a simple 'I have no valid comeback' would have been fine