Remote control cars

itchybum

vaterra kalahari/vemora rally cross-on/off road 4000baht each free delivery top qaulity elecs dynamite,fuse,spektrum 300mtr plus 2.4 ghz radio,4wd,oil filled shocks,dust-water proof electrics and a all metaled geared box!! Now thats cool I dont think youll break that ever, batts-charger can take a 3s lipo batt for speeds up to 75-80kmh but theres a throttle trim to govern speeds to go as low as 5-10kmh up to 80kmh just thought ill post cuzz i just brought me one yipee.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1386239797.167546.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1386239821.864328.jpgYoutube,vaterra kalahari 1/14 desert raider to see it going theres other reveiws there too.Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Stedy...can you send me the link to buy these from a reputable source ?

Kit form, including electrics and all as cannot go shopping for stuff here.

Thanks

The free postage was for america shouldve checked that and almost the same price as car to get shipped,do you have local auction sites id say check there first cheaper the better for brands such as tamiya/hpi,kyosho because the thing about stores is they mark the price up almost 3x the price specially for brands such as tamiya etc Which is why I buy off ebay straight from manafacturers wharehouses.and later on you can upgrade to better elecs and motor for 1500-2000baht.

Tamiya/HPI/Kyosho kits and parts are not marked up by almost 3x the price in any shop that I know of, in fact the kits can be far cheaper than most other countries.

I would not advise buying a Chinese brand, if/when something breaks, you'll probably have to throw it in the bin as spare parts aren't readily available. Chinese brands are the main reason people leave this hobby quickly!

A good Tamiya or HPI kit will be worth paying the extra cost, parts support at numerous shops around BKK and they can be easily upgraded.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaterra kalahari/vemora rally cross-on/off road 4000baht each free delivery top qaulity elecs dynamite,fuse,spektrum 300mtr plus 2.4 ghz radio,4wd,oil filled shocks,dust-water proof electrics and a all metaled geared box!! Now thats cool I dont think youll break that ever, batts-charger can take a 3s lipo batt for speeds up to 75-80kmh but theres a throttle trim to govern speeds to go as low as 5-10kmh up to 80kmh just thought ill post cuzz i just brought me one yipee.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1386239797.167546.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1386239821.864328.jpgYoutube,vaterra kalahari 1/14 desert raider to see it going theres other reveiws there too.Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks

The free postage was for america shouldve checked that and almost the same price as car to get shipped,do you have local auction sites id say check there first cheaper the better for brands such as tamiya/hpi,kyosho because the thing about stores is they mark the price up almost 3x the price specially for brands such as tamiya etc Which is why I buy off ebay straight from manafacturers wharehouses.and later on you can upgrade to better elecs and motor for 1500-2000baht.

Tamiya/HPI/Kyosho kits and parts are not marked up by almost 3x the price in any shop that I know of, in fact the kits can be far cheaper than most other countries.

I would not advise buying a Chinese brand, if/when something breaks, you'll probably have to throw it in the bin as spare parts aren't readily available. Chinese brands are the main reason people leave this hobby quickly!

A good Tamiya or HPI kit will be worth paying the extra cost, parts support at numerous shops around BKK and they can be easily upgraded.

Name one of those he can get for 3-4000 baht complete then huh and post link for him and dont just flap your chops.

Edited by stedyedy

Thanks

Name one of those he can get for 3-4000 baht complete then huh and post link for him and dont just flap your chops.

If you learn to actually read, I stated " it would be worth paying the extra cost " for a Tamiya/HPI etc.

Thanks

If you learn to actually read, I stated " it would be worth paying the extra cost " for a Tamiya/HPI etc.

Yeea and you read his post fool there for his kids and doesnt want to pay more than 4000 baht and how much for a brand new hpi firestorm about 10,000baht or so,wheres your link to something even remotely close to 4000 baht for the brands you mentioned,if he were to look on a auction site he may find a tamiya or simular second hand for cheap you think hes a big kid like you durrbrain.

Cool now thats helping.

Well....big weekend shopping in Bkk...even taunted the lockdown to depart today to come home...Sukhumvit has never been such a joy to walk around as it was this morning, as long as not too close to Asoke.

Anyway, took advice from several in here and results are in, paid more than I wanted, but not living here I do not have the advantage to shop around endlessly and I read some reviews of the Tamiyas on ebay and they stated how great and strong they are and people still using them 10+ years on.

So, I went to the tamiya shop in RCA, had a look first, then went to Sappan Lek in Chinatwon and had a wander about that rabbit warren.

Found a really nice and hope good quality, certainly looks strong, sounds solid and the shop I found had a lot of spare parts for them, fixed them and all sorts of stuff...bought one here for my daughter already complete so figured better for her as constructing one might be a challenge, she can do that in a year or 3 if she enjoys it....she hates dolls by the way...got her a Kasemoto Shockwave for 4800b including control, extra battery and quick charger...

post-190927-0-82157100-1389616147_thumb.

Got my Son a Tamiya Novafox from RCA for a grand total of...gulp....11k baht and that included 3k off, extra battery, quick charger, controller, paints, some extra metal bearings, tool kit and stickers.

So the boy has to build his, the girl we fired it up already this afternoon and they are fun.

post-190927-0-48558100-1389616236_thumb.

All up, circa 16k baht for 2 complete cars

Edited by Showbags

• 2 weeks later...

How many bits left over is an acceptable amount ?

I let the little bugger run forth with his enthusiasm...he left tons of bits out and skipped other bits, then wondered why no worky.

Good lesson though in not rushing things.

Edited by Showbags

I bought a RC10 Short Track stadium truck last year for 13,000 baht all in with radio, etc….saw the same one on-line in Bangkok for 20,000 so definitely better to order and ship it here, even after postage.

Edited by Whereustay

Whilst searching for some kitchen equipment last weekend around the Indian Emporium near Chinatown, I discovered an entire "village" selling r/c cars, planes and boats. If you walk down Charoen Krung away from Chinatown towards Silom, the "village" is on your right hand side under cover. There were shops just (a) selling spares, (B) repairing electrical parts, © remotes, (d) shells etc etc. I am sure that if you wander around there for a couple of hours you will be able to find something of interest.

These NiCad batteries....they do not seem to last too long, around 15 minutes or so.

Is there anything better out there ?

And a question for the experts, the Kasemoto, do these come in kit form also and wondering if you can get waterproof, or resistant at least, add ons for the Tamiya model, or even a new waterproof motor for the tamiya.

They are a lot of fun, kids having a ball....little girl chasing the monkies off the lawn with hers as I write.

You can get lipo batteries half the size for same amount of run time or though you may have to set the esc up for it because you cant run them entirely flat because they eat themselves internally and then theres no more lithium to charge

you need a lipo charger for them too,nimh/nicad chargers will hurt them about 200 baht for cheap ones

Heres a 2600 mah lipo for 500 baht free shipped worldwide but youll get about 20 mins runtime and been lipo they have alot more punch,the mah on a battery is how much energy it holds so if you got a 5200mah battery(600baht)post-193727-13913707863417_thumb.jpgthan runtime would be 40mims but then there bigger and mightnt fit unless you mod space for them

As for the tamiya the motor will be ok just got to make sure no water gets on the esc,because there brushed motors youll have to clean them after every use through water(crc spray elecs - brake cleaners).

post-193727-13913702586385_thumb.jpg

Edited by stedyedy

• 1 month later...

Rechargeable batteries for the controller...was told not to use them in the controller, these are the AA ones that can be recharged.....any reason why for this or is it hogwash ?

Also is there a better place in Bangkok for spare parts for the Tamiya and the Kasemoto ? Went to tamiya RCA recently and out of 3 parts we wanted, they only had 1 in stock, had to order the others and wait a month....also had to order like a whole section for one small part.

Maybe a spare engine....do they come waterproof ?

Want to get some Kasemoto parts also........these cars are great, limited experience but might say better than Tamiya.

The tamiya has had some problems and is not water tollerant.......the Kasemoto has had no problems except for one in a crash and we fixed it ourselves.....also these cars can go through/in water....have seen one go underwater and work.

Has anyone got some updates as to onroad and offroad tracks here in BKK as well as airplane and helicopter flying fields? I live not far from On Nut and will be here for a long time. Also looking for hobby shops for airplane and helicopter parts such as Trex as well as car and truck parts such as Traxxas and Associated Electronics (TC5, TC6).

Thanks, do you know if they have a hobby shop there as well?

Find the track and I'll bet there are signs up for such shops.

We have a club, mini airstrip near our town,but long way from Bkk....they have a big sign up for a shop in Bkk...I took a photo of it once, let me try find it.

Has anyone got some updates as to onroad and offroad tracks here in BKK as well as airplane and helicopter flying fields? I live not far from On Nut and will be here for a long time. Also looking for hobby shops for airplane and helicopter parts such as Trex as well as car and truck parts such as Traxxas and Associated Electronics (TC5, TC6).

There are 2 tracks on Chalerm Prakiet, which is a continuation of OnNut Rd, ( Soi 30 opposite Suan Luang Rama 9 Park. ) Try to search for HUGE RC and NEW RC. HUGE RC is an indoor onroad circuit with about 5-6 shops, Bangkok's newest track. NEW RC has 2 offroad tracks and a couple of shops.

FRC is another onroad track that is located between Seacon Sq & Paradise Park. Good shop.

There is one called RC Society on Suksawat, about Soi 68. Not sure what makes they sell?

There is also a very small helicopter shop across the road from Pantip at the bottom of the steps from the pedestrian walkway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went out to visit all 4 tracks and I was impressed.

Huge RC has an onroad trrack thats fit for cars as big as 1/8 scale nitros. Its also got a smaller carpet track that would be for 1/10 scale offroad. There are a bunch of hobby shops that carry kits and parts and can do repairs. The facility is one of the nicer ones I have seen, clean and new, great drivers stand, and well maintained track.

New RC had 2 offroad tracks, one is actually a covered carpet track that they use for 1/10 2wd buggy. Its in good shape. The other track across the street is much bigger and used for 1/8 buggy. They have 1 hobby shop with a good selection of kits, radios and parts and most anything for offroad. The owner and his son dont speak English, but I met a Thai fellow named R who spoke perfect English and helped me talk to the owner.

I also went to visit FRC which is a small onroad uncovered track. Its in good shape and the hobby shop has many kits and parts. They charge 100 baht to play at the track.