Can't get a foot massage in Bangkok

kurnell

In the last couple of weeks I have tried to get a foot massage in Bangkok around early sukhumvit down to soi 33 and none of the girls will do it. They will only go for an oil massage. I just tried again in soi 33 and while the girl went, she hounded me relentlessly until I walked out, telling me that commission for an oil massage is much better. I understand that they get more money for a happy ending but this is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

Head up to On Nut - get off the BTS (opposite side of Tesco) down the stairs and turn toward Soi 77 - when you get to Soi 77/1 right - it's a small Soi that leads to Big C. When walking down towards 77/1 you will cross one small street, then a new condo development and then Soi 77/1is next, maybe a 3 minute walk. There are 6 to 8 massage places and they all offer foot massage oil and traditional and the best part is they are still 150 baht an hour.

When you turn right on Soi 77/1 the very first one on you left is best avoided :)

When walking along the Soi you'll notice some of the shoppes look the same with prices posted on the glass in yellow - same owner and we use them frequently.

Edit - found a link with pics

http://www.allsiam.net/best-massage.html

Edited by ToddWeston
  • Like 1

Head up to On Nut - get off the BTS (opposite side of Tesco) down the stairs and turn toward Soi 77 - when you get to Soi 77/1 right - it's a small Soi that leads to Big C. When walking down towards 77/1 you will cross one small street, then a new condo development and then Soi 77/1is next, maybe a 3 minute walk. There are 6 to 8 massage places and they all offer foot massage oil and traditional and the best part is they are still 150 baht an hour.

When you turn right on Soi 77/1 the very first one on you left is best avoided smile.png

When walking along the Soi you'll notice some of the shoppes look the same with prices posted on the glass in yellow - same owner and we use them frequently.

Edit - found a link with pics

http://www.allsiam.net/best-massage.html

Go even farther out to seacon square near king park hotel 100 baht an hour

OK ... depending on your budget ... foot massage @ 130 baht.

May's massage - map ... https://foursquare.com/v/may-massage--asoke/4de4ffdffa7651589f3ae3ce

Many only Thais are the clients.

Most of the masseurs are men.

Make sure you say that you don't want hard because they do work you.

Been going there for years.

It's in the first Soi on the left as you walk down Asoke Rd after leave Sukhumvit.

Italian Restaurant downstairs, May's Massage are on the next floor.

Thank you heath tea is free as you get your stuff together.

Tor something a little more upmarket, Sukhumvit Soi 11, lots of westerners, professional seats, waterfall in the place, atmospheric music.

RainTree Spa - foot massage @ 300 baht. (maybe 350 baht now)

Once you walk in ... you know it's not the seedy sort of place that you are trying to avoid.

Location map and shop photo ... http://www.cityphotoguide.com/node/839

Have taken my Sister to both places ... she won't go anywhere else now.

For something a little different the famous Wat Po Massage School is up in Soi 39 ... but I've never been there ... http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/wat-pho-massage-school-sukhumvit.htm

Let me know if you try either.

OH kurnell ... thanks again for that Hotel recommendation ... hence the detailed reply here.

Try a massage shop instead of a knocking shop.

...is the right answer.

Many good recommendations herein and I must commend the OP for not being distracted from his objective regardless of the temptations and distractions.

However, I can vouch that a gel massage with a happy ending will even make the extreme pain of ingrown toenail surgery completely go away.... for a bit.

• Like 1

Yet another vote for On Nut. There are shops all over the place that offer massages at rock-bottom rates. In fact, this is where all of my Thai friends generally go when they want a massage. The prices are the lowest I have seen in Bangkok or even all of Thailand for that matter. There are numerous shops, so you should have a difficult time at all even if you have difficulty with the above directions. That small soi has the highest concentration in the area, but that certainly plenty more all over the place.

As others have said go to legit massage shops and not happy ending places and you'll be fine. If you can't find a legit massage shop in BKK I do wonder about you.

A surprisingly large amount of massage shops offer a happy ending, and this is the problem. All of the places I went to clearly listed 'foot massage' in the window but the girls at the front just dismissed it and said oil massage only.

Sukhumvit is not the place for a real massage, unless you search out an expensive health massage spa.

Try, like some have suggested, On Nut, Phra Khanong (Phra Khanong soi 2 is great for massage... i recommend Family Massage) etc ect...

Stay away from tourist area massage places and especially late at night, when the more unsavoury girls work. Also, try to think of it from her point of view: late at night she is much more likely to get customer who wants the happy ending/full package and doesn't want to waste her time rubbing feet for an hour.

Perhaps you could try soi 22 though. Don't get me wrong, soi 22 is full of very very promiscuous massage shops (most of them probably). However, on the right hand side of the street, i regularly see one or two shops which seem to specialize in foot massage (i see all the foot massage chairs are completely full most of the time, a sight which i don't see anywhere else)

Edited by ChrisB87

Sukhumvit is not the place for a real massage, unless you search out an expensive health massage spa.

Try, like some have suggested, On Nut, Phra Khanong (Phra Khanong soi 2 is great for massage... i recommend Family Massage) etc ect...

Stay away from tourist area massage places and especially late at night, when the more unsavoury girls work. Also, try to think of it from her point of view: late at night she is much more likely to get customer who wants the happy ending/full package and doesn't want to waste her time rubbing feet for an hour.

Perhaps you could try soi 22 though. Don't get me wrong, soi 22 is full of very very promiscuous massage shops (most of them probably). However, on the right hand side of the street, i regularly see one or two shops which seem to specialize in foot massage (i see all the foot massage chairs are completely full most of the time, a sight which i don't see anywhere else)

I usually go for a massage on my day off, in the midle of the day, so am unlikely to go as far as On Nut

DONT GO TO ON NUT FOR A MASSAGE!!! thats crazy!!! its so far away!!

I'm surprised by what you said!
there are actually quite a LOT of GENUINE massage places in sukhumvit.

the best one (for sure) is on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 8... (but on the sukhumvit road). there is a water display with wooden cogs and wheels outside the shop.

they are a 100% genuine massage place. there is absolutely no bar girls working here.

but,,, really... there are LOADS of places in sukhumvit that do regular massage!!

you are probably looking in places near the red light-areas!!

isnt soi 33 a red-light area? so just keep away from there!

but, seriously,, you really dont need to go to On Nut!!

• Like 1

You are pretty ridiculous. Its like saying you can't find a normal girlfriend while looking for it in the red light district. There are many "normal" massage shops e.g. Health land (sukhumvit soi 19) and Asia herb (Sukhumvit 24, 31, 55). And then MBK and many other places.

Some common sense please: a sex worker is not interested in a chat except if you pay for it. Same goes for the foot massage

PS: on your next trip to Thailand please don't forget your 3 USD glasses.