Where Can I Get A Really Cheap Mobile Phone

ryro88

I'm also looking for a cheap phone as a back-up as my not-so-smart smartphone has a distinctly short battery life! Anyone know the best sim card to go with it for long life with minimal usage? Don't really want a 500 baht phone and then have to pay 300baht a month just to keep the number.

I have a 1-2-call sim (AIS) and can extend the validity days 30 at a time for 30 baht up to 360 days I believe.

google is your friend '1-2-call validity'

OR *500*9# will get you 30 days extension; about $1 USA per month to keep your sim active.

*121# on 1-2-call will get you how much baht/time you have on sim and what date it is good til.

It's not the 20 Baht baht I'm concerned about it's the time. I don't foresee using the phone except in emergencies and am just looking for the longest validity period without constantly topping up with unneeded credit.

In that case I'd recommend the True Move Inter sim, any top up will extend the expiry by 1 year.

This is what I have for my spare phone, additionally it's great for international calls. The 00600 prefix will get you rates starting at 1 Baht/min.

everywhere,entry level phones are cheap as dirt. go to 7-11, pay 159 thb and grab one.

grab a simcard from AIS or DTAC top up 500 THB and you are good for a year.

Cant say Ive seen phones at 7-11, granted I havent been looking for them there either.

As for top up, 500 Baht with either AIS or DTAC will only give you 50 days validity, not one year.