Cost of electricity in own condo

Beng

This has probably been discussed. Would be grateful though for some info.

When owning a condo, is the power bill normally paid directly to the power provider or to the condo management at a higher rate ?? Cheers.

Usually to the condo management how arranged/paid for the electric connection. Never heard of a private electric meter in a condo that is billed directed from electric co.

Mine is billed directly by the MEA at the standard rate.

Also in our condo every unit has an electricity company meter and pays the standard charge. Unless you opt out of the payment service, the condo management office pays the bills for all units and invoices the owners at cost plus 20 baht service charge.

Usually to the condo management how arranged/paid for the electric connection. Never heard of a private electric meter in a condo that is billed directed from electric co.

Some do as the one I lived in when I first came here had meters per each unit and the bill was directly from the power company.

I have owned several Condos and all have had their own meter from the Electricity Company .One exception was when i bought a brand new Condo ,and had to wait a year to get my own meter .For one year i was paying the management Company at twice the Electricity Co .rate .i. e ,B7 a unit against B3.5 from the Electricity Co .

Every Condo that I have stayed in has had it's own private electric meter. Most Management companies provide a service where you can pay your bill through them, but with no additional charges. Any charges for this service are built into the yearly Condo fee

Edited by I Like Thai

anytime "another" party is involved in thailand THEY WILL get their percentage or service charge.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Normal business, not only in Thailand. Middleman takes his cut, right?

In our building you can pay through the condo office, but you can choose to pay directly. Additionally anyone who is over some threshold in arrears will no longer have the option of paying via the condo office. They're obliged to deal directly with electric company, including possible cut offs of service and reconnection charges.

I had my meter changed into my name at the PEA office near Nong Hoi so I could pay by direct debit from my bank. I had to pay a 1000bt deposit for the meter although I don't think they actually changed it but I did get a receipt for this. I needed a blue book, sam nao ta be-an baan in order to do this. That was six years ago so things may have changed by now.

In our building you can pay through the condo office, but you can choose to pay directly. Additionally anyone who is over some threshold in arrears will no longer have the option of paying via the condo office. They're obliged to deal directly with electric company, including possible cut offs of service and reconnection charges.

That is a sensible arrangement. I am sure the condo fees take in to account the fact that it will cost them a little to manage the service and a lot if you default on the payment. They have all there bases covered in the condo fee's even figure in for the people who fail to pay the condo fees.wai2.gif

plenty of private meters in condos you just need to ask for one. But you need to give a deposit to elec company of arrund 2000 bash. I own several condos in Bangkok and Chiang mai and all have private meters