Chiang Mai Bike week

Scottythai

Chiang Mai Bike Week  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I seriously doubt I'll make it, but a bare-minimum of info regarding it (dates, location, etc) would be nice.wink.png

Ahh sorry mate. CM bike week 6-9 of December for the good stuff but people start getting there 4th. Wear some warm gear for going over the mountain that time of year.

Let me say cm is a great place to ride. As far as the bike week or the actual event its a Joke. The main area is a fenced in lot with a stage and lots of vendors selling their goods. It is not very big and there is a admission charge which was high for what you get.

There was also a scheduled ride where they took us to a nice dam and some country roads. This was also a disaster as there was a lot of cities to pass through and it was led by a police car at extreme slow speeds.

this is my take ymmv

Let me say cm is a great place to ride. As far as the bike week or the actual event its a Joke. The main area is a fenced in lot with a stage and lots of vendors selling their goods. It is not very big and there is a admission charge which was high for what you get.

There was also a scheduled ride where they took us to a nice dam and some country roads. This was also a disaster as there was a lot of cities to pass through and it was led by a police car at extreme slow speeds.

this is my take ymmv

Hmm I never ride with the scheduled groups. I did manage to ride to Pai one morning then to Chiang Rai the next day. Great area and time of year to be on a bike. I didn't mind the bike week. It was much better than Phuket or Pattaya by far in my eyes.

• 5 weeks later...