Reliable Property Management Companies

I need some advice on Property Management in HH.

Due to domestic circumstances, ( dependant ailing parents) we will not be able to relocate just yet, however our villa will be ready on Camelot (Avalon) hopefully by the beginning of Jan 2007. In the first couple of years we hope to use the place for extended holidays but initially we want to rent the place off either long term or to holiday makers.

Can anyone give me any advice and possibly point me in the right direction (no funnies please)

We are interested to hear from any of you that have experience with dealings with such companies (based in HH), who are they, what are their fees / commission rates and are they are any good?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with damage to property and / or contents and / or poor cleaning or failing to prepare the apartment / villa for arriving guests etc., etc.

I would welcome your thoughts and any interesting stories.

I have never some across a company doing this.

Letting is usually a family matter.

So how do find a trustworthy Thai who will clean the rooms and change bthe bedding etc when you are thousands of miles away? .....and what is the going rate? Does anyone have any first hand knowledge / experience?

The cousins have a holiday house down hua hin. They actually have a family live in a small room down one end of the property who tend the garden and prepare the place before arrival of said cousins and other hangers on like me.

Having said that, property management co's are not that big in Thailand, but I guess if someone wanted to start a business, it might be a good area to do so.

there are now about 3 or 4 companies doing that in hua hin,

the latest is callled hua hin property care.

very new ,think its a n english guy,

also,try www.ownersabroadthailand.com

they also provide this service in hua hin

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard of a company starting this in Hua Hin. Being an owner of 4 rental properties I've also been on the lookout for a quality-driven outfit. Their website isn't up yet but they are taking business, email [email protected] for more info.

I've had bad experiences with a couple of outfits claiming to be rental experts but in fact were more concerned with earning commission from house sales. Better to get people who focus on rental management I'd say.

Due to domestic circumstances, ( dependant ailing parents) we will not be able to relocate just yet, however our villa will be ready on Camelot (Avalon) hopefully by the beginning of Jan 2007. In the first couple of years we hope to use the place for extended holidays but initially we want to rent the place off either long term or to holiday makers.

Can anyone give me any advice and possibly point me in the right direction (no funnies please)

We are interested to hear from any of you that have experience with dealings with such companies (based in HH), who are they, what are their fees / commission rates and are they are any good?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with damage to property and / or contents and / or poor cleaning or failing to prepare the apartment / villa for arriving guests etc., etc.

I can't imagine a worse business to be in than property management in Thailand. Just think, crap fee's from whinging owners. Hassle from whinging tennants and continual staffing problems. How much are you going to generate in income? Perhaps a couple of thousand baht per month in net income I would imagine and huge headaches due to the poor build quality of properties meaning maintenance fee's are very high. Can you imagine many people are going to be prepared to pay 15,000 baht a month + for a premium service when all they can achieve is that much in rent? As soon as you have a farang doing it, expectation from Tenant and owner is farang/western styles of maintenance all of which are undertaken by poorly educated and paid Thai's - sounds a real nightmare.

I too have just bought a property which will be completed soon and am in the same boat i.e. looking for someone to manage it.

I emailed the one recommended at [email protected] and they seem really good. They offer the full package so I think I will pursue this one.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by MissEllie

I'm in the same position, I need someone to look after my house in Hua Hin and take care of the rental side of things.

I would rather go with a dedicated property management company

As regards [email protected] could the previous poster pls pm me with the details?

They do sound good

• 5 months later...

Hi I have had a couple of experiences with rental agents in Hua Hin, the first one, i rented a property from everything was fine, we paid a deposit and at the end of rental period, the guy came and handed money back to us without checking property over. Luckily we left the property as we found it. This ruled them out for me when we came to look for an agent to rent our property. Met up with Clive from Owners Abroad, we were really impressed with him, he takes a decent deposit, he takes detailed photo's so there can be no quibling about what was and wasn't in the house. Then he keeps deposit for 14 days till house is thouroughly checked out before handing deposit over if all is ok. We found him very straight and good to deal with.

We also rent a car from Clive when in Hua Hin, he also does cleaning, gardening, paying electricity bill etc.

One of the things we found with some of the bigger agencies was they wanted every house to have same cups, saucers and household stuff.I understand reasoning behind this, for ease of replacements etc, but i don't want my house to be like everyone elses, plus we already had purchased everything.

Westmoor04