A Fast Ride - would this work in Thailand?

Sounds and appears to go like a 500Bhp Evo to Me. Wheres the spare 300 Gone Warpy.?.

Eh? What ya asking me for? xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.wBkwYuU0d7.webp I'd be a bit concerned about that oil smoke too on shifting up, looks like blow by due too much boost pressure.. The old lady is pretty impressive though, she's the best one of all but she scares the bejesus outa me with her hand position on the wheel and that much HP, it's an accident looking for a place to happen. sad.png I think it's 400 missing anyways tongue.png ....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Why i ask You.?. Seems to me only T.A. ,You n Me have regularly driven 500H.P. +. rides.Funny ive never even sat in a Subaru with big power on tap , guess i never will now.sad.png Too freakin OLD.facepalm.gif

I used to have a heavily tuned Skyline GT-R, but it about as drivable as that Lancer (i.e. horrible, but fast). Live and learn :)

Why i ask You.?. Seems to me only T.A. ,You n Me have regularly driven 500H.P. +. rides.Funny ive never even sat in a Subaru with big power on tap , guess i never will now.sad.png Too freakin OLD.facepalm.gif

You're right AoP.

I've never regularly driven a car with 500bhp. I have owned a 2.7RS, 964RS, 964 Cup Car, 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 and none of them had that much power, but the funny thing is they were very often much faster on the circuit than cars who's owner's claimed 500bhp.

Extracting the power from Evo's, STI's & GTR's is the easy bit. Getting it useable is the expensive bit.

• Like 1

Extracting the power from Evo's, STI's & GTR's is the easy bit. Getting it useable is the expensive bit.

Getting it usable isn't expensive, it's a pipe dream. If you're thinking about modding a WRX, EVO or GTR to handle and go like a GT3, you may as well just sell it and buy a GT3 ;)

Getting it usable isn't expensive, it's a pipe dream. If you're thinking about modding a WRX, EVO or GTR to handle and go like a GT3, you may as well just sell it and buy a GT3 wink.png

I agree. Plenty of my friend's have commented to me over the years that they had wished they had stepped up to the plate and bought a Porsche, instead of the trial and error method of modification that they all went through. Don't get me wrong though, some of those guy's built some very rapid cars, just the final cost was way more than initially anticipated. I am particularly impressed by some of the modified R35's, but they're not durable enough for me and my pocket. thumbsup.gif

I didn't understand why you were asking me where the power went to? Still not sure I got your meaning but anyway are you older then that last lady? Even if so, just being male should still be enough reason to be capable enough to drive over her, regardless of age hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Getting it usable isn't expensive, it's a pipe dream. If you're thinking about modding a WRX, EVO or GTR to handle and go like a GT3, you may as well just sell it and buy a GT3 wink.png

I agree. Plenty of my friend's have commented to me over the years that they had wished they had stepped up to the plate and bought a Porsche, instead of the trial and error method of modification that they all went through. Don't get me wrong though, some of those guy's built some very rapid cars, just the final cost was way more than initially anticipated. I am particularly impressed by some of the modified R35's, but they're not durable enough for me and my pocket. thumbsup.gif

One thing about modding, you can pay as you go instead of a lump sum and from my point of view much more satisfying accomplishment to build rather than buy..

One thing about modding, you can pay as you go instead of a lump sum and from my point of view much more satisfying accomplishment to build rather than buy..

Yes you're quite right about the satisfaction of self builds. I used to do that as a young guy with a Cooper S followed by RX2 & RX3. Peripheral porting with an IDA Weber, then bridge porting with Turbo etc. All good fun and really quick in their day. I have a friend with an RX7 which is indecently fast and self built. He does understand suspension and geometry etc vey well though.

Don't delude yourself, there are other people who have owned or regularly driven modified high output cars, it's just that not all of us shout about it like you heroic "big three". I don't know where you are located but Bangkok and it's surroundings have a surprising number of cars that comfortably exceed the figure you mention together with the facilities to build them.

Don't delude yourself, there are other people who have owned or regularly driven modified high output cars, it's just that not all of us shout about it like you heroic "big three".

That slur seems a bit uncalled for?

• Like 1

Don't delude yourself, there are other people who have owned or regularly driven modified high output cars, it's just that not all of us shout about it like you heroic "big three". I don't know where you are located but Bangkok and it's surroundings have a surprising number of cars that comfortably exceed the figure you mention together with the facilities to build them.

Good for You, where did you get your Competition Licence,and how did you Qualify ?, is it National , or Internationall. Naturally i expected this type of comment from a Barstool Racer. Strange, but i dont know many Folks who use 500H.P. on the Roads of Bkk,exept PlayBoys who run People Over.cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Shortly I'll be building an Rx8 for the track, hopefully put up a few pics and maybe a video or 2 when I kick it off.

Is the RX8 silver by any chance ?

I think he's doing it back in the States Spoony.

Hopefully he does post pictures.

Seems the Rules have changed. You dont have to get a few Starts at Club Levell to get an Internationall Comp Licence from the RAC. Bung em 170GBP and off you go. Im sure i had to do a shitload of events before i could apply. Anyone else get one 35Years Ago. Seems stupid to me. So My Mrs could buy one.1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif .

• Like 1

Seems the Rules have changed. You dont have to get a few Starts at Club Levell to get an Internationall Comp Licence from the RAC. Bung em 170GBP and off you go. Im sure i had to do a shitload of events before i could apply. Anyone else get one 35Years Ago. Seems stupid to me. So My Mrs could buy one.1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif .

We had to have three diagonal stripes of tape across the back of the car for a few races indicating we were novices to the other drivers.

I can't remember how many race meetings we were required to have these on, but seem to think about ten. That was around 1975 and was a little embarrassing.smile.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the call out but it isn't accurate or necessary in my case, I've no idea what you're speaking of? Including this thread..

Shortly I'll be building an Rx8 for the track, hopefully put up a few pics and maybe a video or 2 when I kick it off.

Is the RX8 silver by any chance ?

Actually Titanium gray at the mo, why did you ask? I posted pics here a while back, right now it's a daily driver until I get settled here, beginning next year I'm going to source a salvage car in good condition and recondition the best of the 2 and convert the second to a track car. They have a new class here now that allows for these older sports cars in mostly stock form albeit stripped down and some of my competition is the C5 Corvette and the Acura Type R. I feel this is a good choice as it will be durable, powerful, good power to weight ratio and handling mix plus it won't require big money to either mod or compete in as it was virtually built for the track..

They have a few issues though but with Mazda's backing and some top Mazda racing programs around these parts there will be plenty of tech assistance to make it competitive out of the box.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yep, so much for paying dues and learning how to handle your beast and make sound decisions with peer review before being able to move up, another major issue with motorsports now a days it's polluting the talent pool as it no longer requires real skills, only deeper pockets..

We had to have three diagonal stripes of tape across the back of the car for a few races indicating we were novices to the other drivers.

I can't remember how many race meetings we were required to have these on, but seem to think about ten. That was around 1975 and was a little embarrassing.smile.png

For us it was only 2 weekends or 4 races total and that was up for review if more time was needed, I pleaded with them to let me take them off at my second weekend as I took pole position on a closed course temporary circuit at the Palm beach fair grounds where Scott Pruitt crashed a few weeks prior while testing his Indy car.

I didn't want the other drivers to know I was a rook as then they might try crap they normally wouldn't and obviously being on pole at a track that was defined by concrete walls, even though I wasn't driving like a rook but the officials didn't see it that way unfortunately sad.png .. Oh well, it worked out anyways in the end and after no more stripes with 3 top 3 finishes!! smile.png .

Should have taken up Drag Raceing 888, no skill required, but its still 175 Gdp for a Licence.Only did Rallying to get away from Er in Doors for a week or so.

Ohhhh T/A are you going to allow that?? laugh.png

Edited by WarpSpeed

For us it was only 2 weekends or 4 races total and that was up for review if more time was needed, I pleaded with them to let me take them off at my second weekend as I took pole position on a closed course temporary circuit at the Palm beach fair grounds where Scott Pruitt crashed a few weeks prior while testing his Indy car.

I didn't want the other drivers to know I was a rook as then they might try crap they normally wouldn't and obviously being on pole at a track that was defined by concrete walls, even though I wasn't driving like a rook but the officials didn't see it that way unfortunately sad.png .. Oh well, it worked out anyways in the end and after no more stripes with 3 top 3 finishes!! smile.png .

After observing a young and very talented Alex Lynn at Macau today, there is no doubt, i should still have those three embarrassing stripes!