Transfer Money Between Accounts Automatically, How To

Siki

Does anyone have experience with this? Assume that both bank accounts are in the same branch. I want to automatically have a certain amount transferred from one account to the other each week.

Would prefer answers from people with direct knowledge but any smart-ass answers would be entertaining.

Aloha

Siki

Which Bank are you using? - they all have different protocols...

I assume from this that it is possible at most banks. Do you have any experience with any bank in particular? This is something that could get mixed up very easily.

Thanks

Siki

Which Bank are you using? - they all have different protocols...

I assume from this that it is possible at most banks. Do you have any experience with any bank in particular? This is something that could get mixed up very easily.

Thanks

Siki

Not being funny Siki but knowing the country might assist with providing relevant info.

As a basic rule IMHO if the bank has internet banking facilities and you can apply online then it should be very easy and straight forward to transfer not only within the bank itself but to others as well.

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S. Security wise this is ideal so long as you don,t leave any access codes you have lying around.

Edited by marshbags

I used to do this with Bangkok bank quite successfully.

However Krung Thai could not manage it.

I never understood why, as their banking software definitely has "standing order" faciilties, which is what you need.

I used to do this with Bangkok bank quite successfully.

However Krung Thai could not manage it.

I never understood why, as their banking software definitely has "standing order" faciilties, which is what you need.

I have been doing this with Bangkok Bank for several years, using internet banking. There was only once a glitch, when they updated there systems.

I'm with Krung Thai Pattaya branch. My g/f and her family use the same bank.

My g/f and I live in Australia and often transfer money between all accounts via the internet.

You need to attend the bank in person with photo I D, inform them of the account numbers for all the people whose accounts you want in the transfer loop, and that's it.

From what I understand, it can't be done automatically on a regular basis.(unless they have upgraded their system since the time I last inquired.) You have to do it yourself via the internet.

Simple, you have a computer ... right.

online each week. Perhaps arrange a "Standing Order" if your

internet access allows.

Naka.

Bangkok Bank allows me to transfer to any other BB account.

I can set up automatic payment at weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.

I can do it from my computer but I had to go in and sign up the account to which I would be or might transfer to.

Transfers to other banks cannot be done via internet though.

I have to go to an ATM to do a transfer to an account at another bank.

Cheers

Thanks paulfr, I tried to set up an automatic monthly transfer at the Krung Thai Bank and was told 'not possible'.

BKK Bank is opening a new branch in town, I have an account with them in Chiang Mai which I am going to move to the new branch, they will get that account and a new account for my wife the first day they open!!