Welcome To Heathorw?

My gripe about Heathrow -well actually just puzzlement - is the plethora of prominently displayed notices warning of dire consequences of physically assaulting airport/immigration staff.What's all that about?I have never seen this kind of warning in any other country.Obviously any assaults on staff should be prosecuted and offenders properly punished, but what's with the "in your face" aggression.Hardly a welcoming to UK's international gateway.Weird.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is a sad reflection on the "I want it and I want it now!" culture so prevalent in modern Britain, and the assaults on staff by the morons whose only response to not getting what they want immediately is violence. You see these notices all over the place.

Sadly, following assaults on nurses when they have asked a Neanderthal to wait a few moments for his piles ointment while they carry out CPR on some dying patient, they are very prominent in hospitals.

Well, I landed at T2 yesterday, lined up with the other foreigners while the EU'ers whizzed passed. They do however now have the Iris scanners for long term UK resident visa holders, which I am going to apply for, so I don't have to deal with the queues in the future.

When I last flew to Thailand, sat on Tarmac for 4.5 hours because ATC computer for Heathrow had failed, recently Heathrow unable to supply enough fuel (for a long period) for planes to fly non stop to their usual destinations, B.A. pilots under loading their planes with fuel to save money .......................

Truly third world.

(Not to mention non functioning M25 London's main ring road when anything unusual like a holiday, or even a Friday occurs!!)