Banking-can A Farrang From The Uk Open An Account In Thailand

Hiya Folks,

You may of seen my other post and gathered that im heading out to Thailand Nx april to work and live, my question what i am asking is,

Can i open a bank account from the UK and start transferring money before my arrival in Thailand, what are the restrictions/rules etc.

Kind reguards

Tom Hartshorn

Yes offcourse you can open an account in Los.......best is to go to the main office of a bank.

I had mine opened in Bangkok bank at silom office, very fast service and friendly :D

If you transfer from Europe to Los just stay under 20.000.euro/ transacting per time.....that's best way to do :o

I think you will need to wait till you get to LOS to open your account, although many Thai banks have internet banking i think you have to open the account at one of there offices in Thailand or maybe you could try one of the london offices. I wanted to do the same thing about 3 years ago but could not find a way to do it in the UK maybe you can now? Good luck!

I think you will need to wait till you get to LOS to open your account, although many Thai banks have internet banking i think you have to open the account at one of there offices in Thailand or maybe you could try one of the london offices. I wanted to do the same thing about 3 years ago but could not find a way to do it in the UK maybe you can now? Good luck!

Correct. You must present yourself at the bank in Thailand along with your passport and open a SAVINGS A/C only.

Many posts on the subject of opening a bank a/c.

Try the search button......

April 2007, you had better hurry up. :o

And if one bank do not open account for you...

Just walk into another branch/bank and you may get lucky :o

I suggest you start with bank of Ayudhya.. It is the only bank i have heard that nobody has not had any problems opening account with just simple 30-day stamp.. From there you can get also online banking keys and an international debitcard (visa electron) which will work in your homeland too :D

Edited by thaitero

Hiya Folks,

You may of seen my other post and gathered that im heading out to Thailand Nx april to work and live, my question what i am asking is,

Can i open a bank account from the UK and start transferring money before my arrival in Thailand, what are the restrictions/rules etc.

Kind reguards

Tom Hartshorn

If you bank with HSBC in the UK they can open an account for you at there branch in Thailand, linked to your uk account for you. Takes them about 3 months to organise. But be aware its more expensive account to operate than one opened with a local bank/branch but you have to be physically in Thailand to open an account with a local bank as other posters have previously mentioned :o

My advice to you, is open an Account with the Nationwide BS in the uk, put your money in there, and draw it via ATM in Thailand at no cost to you. You may also make money on favourable exchange rates. Once here, you can weigh up the Thai banks, open an account and just keep enough for emergencies. Works for me. :o

My advice to you, is open an Account with the Nationwide BS in the uk, put your money in there, and draw it via ATM in Thailand at no cost to you. You may also make money on favourable exchange rates. Once here, you can weigh up the Thai banks, open an account and just keep enough for emergencies. Works for me. :D

He's always on about this :o:D:D don't know why. (perhaps it's a member get member) scheme.

Anyway, easier when you arrive with passport in hand. :D

Naka.

Edited by naka

My advice to you, is open an Account with the Nationwide BS in the uk, put your money in there, and draw it via ATM in Thailand at no cost to you. You may also make money on favourable exchange rates. Once here, you can weigh up the Thai banks, open an account and just keep enough for emergencies. Works for me. :D

He's always on about this :o:D:D don't know why. (perhaps it's a member get member) scheme.

Naka.

I take you are not with the Nationwide. Hence the dig. Tough luck.

He's always on about this :D:D:D don't know why. (perhaps it's a member get member) scheme.

Naka.

I take you are not with the Nationwide. Hence the dig. Tough luck.

:D:o