Where To Buy O2 Pda

crabstix

Does anyone know where I can buy the o2 mini pro in Thailand? A seller in Panthip told me about 2 months ago that it would be released in Thailand soon. Not usre if it has been released yet.

Also does anyone own the O2 xda II mini? They used to sell for 28,000 a year ago in Thailand.

A thai friend told me about 2 months ago that the price had dropped to 20,000 baht in Bangkok.

I need to know how reliable they are and whether they are stable or prone to crashes. If they are good I will pick one up on my next trip to Bangkok before they finally sell out or stop producing them.

I am currently a palm user would like to switch to Pocket PC because I need something with a user replaceable battery.

Does anyone know where I can buy the o2 mini pro in Thailand? A seller in Panthip told me about 2 months ago that it would be released in Thailand soon. Not usre if it has been released yet.

Also does anyone own the O2 xda II mini? They used to sell for 28,000 a year ago in Thailand.

A thai friend told me about 2 months ago that the price had dropped to 20,000 baht in Bangkok.

I need to know how reliable they are and whether they are stable or prone to crashes. If they are good I will pick one up on my next trip to Bangkok before they finally sell out or stop producing them.

I am currently a palm user would like to switch to Pocket PC because I need something with a user replaceable battery.

Take a look at the O2 Atom for 1 it supports EDGE as well as being a faster device.

Take a look at the O2 Atom for 1 it supports EDGE as well as being a faster device.

Thanks. I did consider that device. It looks cool and is very compact. After reading the reviews I was put off by it because it is prone to crashes.

not easy to find in thailand anymore for o2mini xda11

the good thai web is www.mrpalm.com

but need to get thai friend to read for you but will certainly worth it.

the said model crash a lot not recommend to anyone.

try the new gigabyte..a lot better with mobile5

I bought an O2 XdaIIi in January in Phantip Plaza but messed up small time.

The model I bought was great with all accessories and several non vendor accessories available the guy showed all the CD's, accessories and handbook were in the box. I was already familiar with windows mobile so I checked the pda myself and used the phone, all worked so I was Happy and paid my money.

Now the problem started when I tried to register the PDA on the O2 website, it would not accept the serial #.

I contacted O2 and was told that this was a german release and could only be registered on the O2 german website. End of communication no further emails answered.

I can get to the O2 website but as I cannot read etc german I cannot register the device. Also when checking all the support in the box was also in german. That is not so much a problem as the userhandbook is available from any O2 website.

The PDA is great and does everything I want and need and a bit more the only PIB is I cannot as of yet register it.

Suggestions if you do decide to buy one:

Buy an extra battery

Buy a portable charger and cable

Buy the screen protector

The device is really battery hungry especially if you use the wifi or the phone keeps loosing the signal. The cradle has a slot for an extra battery to be charged as well as the PDA slot.

One nice feature is the "turn on flight mode" allows the PDA to be used on board to play games or work with all the radio features turned off.

Hope this helps

Edited by breconion

I bought an O2 XdaIIi in January in Phantip Plaza but messed up small time.

The model I bought was great with all accessories and several non vendor accessories available the guy showed all the CD's, accessories and handbook were in the box. I was already familiar with windows mobile so I checked the pda myself and used the phone, all worked so I was Happy and paid my money.

Now the problem started when I tried to register the PDA on the O2 website, it would not accept the serial #.

I contacted O2 and was told that this was a german release and could only be registered on the O2 german website. End of communication no further emails answered.

I can get to the O2 website but as I cannot read etc german I cannot register the device. Also when checking all the support in the box was also in german. That is not so much a problem as the userhandbook is available from any O2 website.

The PDA is great and does everything I want and need and a bit more the only PIB is I cannot as of yet register it.

Suggestions if you do decide to buy one:

Buy an extra battery

Buy a portable charger and cable

Buy the screen protector

The device is really battery hungry especially if you use the wifi or the phone keeps loosing the signal. The cradle has a slot for an extra battery to be charged as well as the PDA slot.

One nice feature is the "turn on flight mode" allows the PDA to be used on board to play games or work with all the radio features turned off.

Hope this helps

Great. That helps a lot. I think it's good that these batteries are user replaceable. It's something that palm should have thought about a long time ago (i.e before the palm Treo 650). Can you remember how much you paid for it?

I got the old XDA II. Managed to find the 2400 mAH battery at fortune tower. Alot better than the normal battery which dies quickly if you used Blue tooth and GPRS alot.

It really has given my thing a new lease of life as I was fed up with the short battery life wit the original 1200. mAH

I got the old XDA II. Managed to find the 2400 mAH battery at fortune tower. Alot better than the normal battery which dies quickly if you used Blue tooth and GPRS alot.

It really has given my thing a new lease of life as I was fed up with the short battery life wit the original 1200. mAH

how much did you pay for the 2400 mAH battery?

Crabstix

All together I paid about 35,000 for everything including all the extra excessories.

I spent several hours in PP going into the many shops that sold PDA's, I had specifics in mind, windows mobile etc and it czame up the cheapest.

It was second choice as I wanted the Samsung SCH730 but that appeared to be only available in the US

anyway happy with my buy and I did get my VAT back at the airport on departure

I use the O2 XDAIIs, and strangely, mine is not that power hungry.

It easily lasts 48 hours on one charge, with plenty of PDA / phone / gprs use. Only thing that absolutely drains the battery is the built in Wifi. Reckon about 5 hours tops to drain the battery completely.

I do have an extra battery, but have not used it yet. The standard on the XDAIIs is 1490 mAh, so a bit better then the 1200 of the regular XDAII.

Also, the IIs seems to have a slower CPU (400mHz versus the 520mHz of the II) which also might help battery life...

Paid 26000 for it, plus 3000 for the extra battery (plus a couple thousand to replace lost stylusses :o )

Also, the IIs seems to have a slower CPU (400mHz versus the 520mHz of the II) which also might help battery life...

You may be mistaken.

i dont know about the IIs, but the II has a Intel® PXA263 CPU, Speed 400 MHz.

newer CPUs are more power efficient as the technology evolves and as the size of the transistors decreses.