Bangkok Court rejects warrant requests for 13 protest leaders on insurrection charges

webfact

That's a big F you to the PTP from the courts.

Well done!

Funny because you approve of a mini amnesty, highly hypocritical don't you think! "They are Democrats, clean, non-corrupt Dems" right,,, hahah, dream on! I find your judgement a little strange. OHHHHH, but they just saved the country.. Give me a break!

Well done!

Funny because you approve of a mini amnesty, highly hypocritical don't you think!  "They are Democrats, clean, non-corrupt Dems"  right,,, hahah, dream on! I find your judgement a little strange. OHHHHH, but they just saved the country.. Give me a break!

I'm guessing you understand your own posting because frankly its incomprehensible.

Either what they did is legal or illegal. Deciding not to issue arrest warrants because "the tense situation has eased" is ridiculous.

That is yet to be decided. The court has decided that they are not a serious risk and can be dealt with by summons rather than immediate arrest.

Perhaps following the democratic tradition that police intimidation and arrest should not be used as a political weapon.

As far as I can see nobody in the Thai government has used the Thai justice system, police or military to try and stop demonstrations or the peoples right to legally assemble, with that said taking over government buildings and Thai TV stations as well as beating up foreign journalists is a criminal act and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the lawwai.gif

You seem experienced with "beating up" what apparently was a smack in the chops.

Did anyone notice Suthep is not in that list?

Sent from my ME173X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think it is now highly unlikely that they will proceed with the warrant against Suthep, as the courts have now set the precedent based upon the current political climate.

Well done!

Do you mean you approve of the court making a political decision rather than a legal one?

Would that be something new...?!

That is indeed the problem - the system is not truly separated between legislative and judicial. This is not a recent thing, this has been going on for at least 16 years. Strengthening the independence of the courts has only seemed to make it worse, as the judge's see no-one with the power to correct any mistakes they make or censure them.

Weak courts = bad

Strong courts = bad (if they interfere in politics).

Whether the first arrest warrant was political or later denying it was political - something is wrong.

I'm sure the first person to come up with a reasonable solution which maintains the independence of the courts while strictly limiting their decisions to the law written by the elected representatives will be a hero.

Well done!

Do you mean you approve of the court making a political decision rather than a legal one?

But than again what modern legal system changes individuals with rising or rebellion against the government.

Criminal damage, endangering of life and goods, organising or participating in unauthorised demonstrations, resisting or obstructing police officers all yes, insurrections no.

Edited by Morakot