Is there anybody living in Mae Hong Son/

mrjohn

who could do me a big favour?

I just need some tea, green tea, which is widely available in the market.

The last time I was there I bought 2 big bags for about 60 Bht each, not the best tea in the world but perfectly drinkable.

There were 3 or 4 stalls in the main market, selling the same sort of thing, clear plastic bags with no label.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to get up North this year and such luxuries as green tea are not available where I live.

So I would be very grateful if somebody could buy some and post it to me.

Obviously I will refund the costs and possibly add on a beer or two for the trouble.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful. A PM might be the best way to proceed.

Edited by mrjohn

Well, many thanks to your reply.

No, there is no brand name. It is, as I said just the normal stuff in the main (covered dry goods) market.

At least 2 stalls were selling it in plain plastic bags with just the price of 60 Bht written on it.

Here's a picture:

post-13487-0-90170000-1386905081_thumb.j

Hope that helps.

Edited by mrjohn

and the tea comes from MHS or you are living in MHS??..... Iam doing a bike trip up there next week.

Yes the tea comes from MHS, I live in Isaan

But the point of this post was just to make contact with someone living in Mae Hong son who had a bit of spare time and could shoot down the market and mail the tea to me.