OA Visa forward plan retirement advice

I'm over 50.

I was issued a 12 month OA Visa on 1st Dec 2012

This visa requires either 90 day reporting OR 90 day exit entry.

My last stamp into Thailand on the OA visa was 20 November 2013 which gives me a "final" exit date of 19 November 2014.

I have now obtained a multiple entry re-entry permit valid until 19 November 2014.

I have 800K+ Baht on deposit in Thailand

Based on reading this forum my assumption is to continue my stay I apply for a 12 month extension of stay sometime around early October 2014 and then get another re-entry permit.

Then repeat annually for as long as I want to stay here or until the rules change.

Have I understood this correctly or are there other visas or options I should be considering for retirement ?

Is there anything visa related I should be doing between now and October 2014 apart from 90 day reporting or entry/exit to avoid problems in October 2014.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

So it's that time to process my first extension of stay in Bangkok.

Is Chaengwattana Road my only option for processing extension of stay I'm a bit confused by the immigration page?

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

Anyone done one recently and have there been any changes due to the new adminstration. Any advice on time to get there and to allow ?

I have a TM7 with photo

90 Days bank statement and bank letter letter showing 800K+ Baht

Photocopy of visa, reentry permit, passport details and exit portion of last entry form.

Cable TV bill.

Thanks

Chaeng Wattana is the only office you can use.

You will also need a copy of your most recent entry/permit to stay stamp.

CW will want the bank letter to done older than the day before you do the extension and an update of your bank book on the day you apply. There are branches of most banks in the basement of the the building there.

• 2 weeks later...

I arrived at CW at 8:40 got queue number 15 and had my initial processing at 9:30

As Ubonjoe mentioned I did get sent down to update and recopy the bank book for today. I'd updated the previous night.

I also had to fill in 3 other forms.

1: statement that I was fully aware of severe penalties for overstay

2: statement that I understood I cannot work or change my status without invalidating my visa in Thailand

3: guarantor statement that I lived at the address on the application for extension

The third one confused me as it was clearly designed to be completed by a third party but she was ok with me signing it.

I had a cup of coffee, filled the forms, and recopied and was back upstairs at 10:30 where it was now packed and they were on Q34.

She called me in as soon as I got eye contact processed everything in 10 minutes and then sent me next door to a checker.

Checker was the most attractive government employee I've ever seen.

Was out by 11:00