The thai girl Im seeing at the moment sometimes calls me 'daddy'

advancebooking

She was 23 and I was 43. Sixteen years later our life together is still amazing. First marriage for both and no children. Do I care what others think? Does it have any affect on our happiness? I think not. I just wish more couples were as happy and in love as we are. Good luck to those who are still looking.

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2

have since learnt from another source that I have to understand that thai women appreciate the man taking on several roles in the relationship... her husband or partner has to be her lover, father, friend etc.

This thread caught my eye because I was called that too. But only once so far. I've been seeing this girl for about two months and it was about 2 weeks ago she called me that. Her explanation was it was because I took care of her.

Your "other source" could be right.

psychological studies is ideal- these studies stipulate that a man should half his age and add 7 years for the optimum aged partner.

BTW .. 54 me/33 her ... OMG! She's one year younger than the "acceptable range"! I'm a pervert!

psycological studies? More like an excuse for old perverts to justify their actions.

Tell yourself early forties and late twenties is ideal if it makes you feel better. My wife's sister is 27,her parents would disown her if she had a man in his forties. I'm not saying it's wrong but I do believe ideal is kinda closer together,of coarse this is Thailand and few will agree.

Is this a joke?I'm mid-forties,why on earth would I want some fat old hoona the same age as me?Plus if you want to have kids they're past it!

Most beautiful girls don't like guys their own age,what's attractive about some young guy drooling all over them with a constant hard-on?bah.gif

Op is really funny in the sense that he starts to use thai culture as an excuse when it should be common sense that comes into play. What sort of male would you call "daddy"? Someone that looks much older than you? The same age as you? Younger than you? Goes without saying obviously someone that looks much older than you. Tries to state his chronological age like oh he's only in his 40s while the chick he's with is in her 20's which means he is more than 10 yrs her senior but somehow tries to justify he isn't actually old enough to be her father.

It has absolutely nothing to do with thai culture. The fact of the matter is you look much older than your age of 40 that is why she called you daddy. At least you can comfort yourself and save face by saying she comes from a very hi so family and how her family dotes on you and how young you actually are despite being called daddy by her.whistling.gif

Tell yourself early forties and late twenties is ideal if it makes you feel better. My wife's sister is 27,her parents would disown her if she had a man in his forties. I'm not saying it's wrong but I do believe ideal is kinda closer together,of coarse this is Thailand and few will agree.

I am sure many ppl have already posted against this post of yours after all i am sure there are many more males older than that and yes you are correct. Someone in his 40s with someone else in her 20s is more than a 10 yr gap in age but you know how it goes in this forum. The 40 yr old guys are all studs that look much younger BUT (this is very important here) in their own farang countries if you see some 40 yr old guy with a girl in her 20s tongues are going to wag but since it it thailand the rules change.

My wife's best friend's father is 58 and he has a mia noi who is 24. My wife's best friend tried to disown him but since he is the dad with the house and cars and all the cash it didn't work out so well.

Wife's best friend's father. Wow a tongue twister here. Yup we all have the friend of a friend of a friend whose relative or friend was involved in some shtick. A daughter tries to disown her own father but he owns the house, cars and the cash while she probably owns zilch cos she is i suppose still a child.

People can bs themselves,but they cannot bs others. Can't believe someone said beautiful girls prefer older men,I have seen the quality of their woman.

I can't believe your simplistic notion that all women have the same tastes/preferences.

People can bs themselves,but they cannot bs others. Can't believe someone said beautiful girls prefer older men,I have seen the quality of their woman.

I can't believe your simplistic notion that all women have the same tastes/preferences.

Hold on there a minute,I'm not the one who said all beautiful woman prefer older men am I.

So who is putting them in the same box,if we talk about the majority it's bs anyway,normal woman absolutely prefer men around the same as themselves,most do and that's a fact.

People can bs themselves,but they cannot bs others.Can't believe someone said beautiful girls prefer older men,I have seen the quality of their woman.
I don't know how old you are but I can tell you that you come across on here as being about fifteen years old,maybe you're just a bit backward or something?

Why because I don't agree with you.

Because I don't bs about the obvious truth that people deny here.

Every one has opinions and basically all our opinions mean nothing,this is a forum however and we can give our opinion and I think the age gap thing is disgusting,I think it's absolutely low and I believe it's nothing more then a despicable business transaction between two needy dishonest people.

However in saying that,people have that right,I could be wrong but I'm yet to be convinced and daily everything I see only confirms my belief.

Every one has opinions and basically all our opinions mean nothing,this is a forum however and we can give our opinion and I think the age gap thing is disgusting,I think it's absolutely low and I believe it's nothing more then a despicable business transaction between two needy dishonest people. However in saying that,people have that right,I could be wrong but I'm yet to be convinced and daily everything I see only confirms my belief.

When I was a young man in the military I noticed the Generals got all the best looking young women and jobs and almost never got killed. When I got out of the military I noticed the rich guys got all the best looking young women and the best jobs and had the best cars. It's envy. One of the seven deadly sins. Aquinas described envy as "sorrow for another's good".

• Like 1

Every one has opinions and basically all our opinions mean nothing,this is a forum however and we can give our opinion and I think the age gap thing is disgusting,I think it's absolutely low and I believe it's nothing more then a despicable business transaction between two needy dishonest people. However in saying that,people have that right,I could be wrong but I'm yet to be convinced and daily everything I see only confirms my belief.

When I was a young man in the military I noticed the Generals got all the best looking young women and jobs and almost never got killed. When I got out of the military I noticed the rich guys got all the best looking young women and the best jobs and had the best cars. It's envy. One of the seven deadly sins. Aquinas described envy as "sorrow for another's good".

That's a good point,I work in a military base,what you say is not at all correct,the admiral and others have ugly wives.

As for envy,also does not hold true as my wife is hot,the envy point can apply sometimes in life with certain people but not when used just to win an argument against someone.

Making your point was king of weird,You don't know if my wife's ugly or hot or if I even have one,but being happily married for years with two awesome children,envy is not a factor,pity maybe but not envy.

That's a good point,I work in a military base,what you say is not at all correct,the admiral and others have ugly wives.

As for envy,also does not hold true as my wife is hot,the envy point can apply sometimes in life with certain people but not when used just to win an argument against someone.

Making your point was king of weird,You don't know if my wife's ugly or hot or if I even have one,but being happily married for years with two awesome children,envy is not a factor,pity maybe but not envy.

Don't know about the navy.

Don't know about the navy.

Come to think of it there are some older guys here with hot wives to,as I said I could be wrong,some or many may be nice girls so my post may be harsh sounding.

Good luck to em I say,I hope they find happiness.

Some are just so foolish however I should not judge all by a few,even if the few are many.