Honda’s Thai technicians bag 2 Skill Contest awards

bazmlb

honda_tech.jpg

Technicians from Honda Automobile (Thailand) won two prizes at the Honda Asia & Oceania Technician Skill Contest 2013, held recently in Thailand.

Hosted by Asian Honda Motor, the contest aimed to stimulate the development of Honda employees in the Asia & Oceania region and boost unity through an impartial contest.

The competition attracted 96 contestants from Honda Asia and Oceania operations in Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines, India, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea, Vietnam and Singapore.

There were three categories in the competition – General Repair Technician, Periodical Maintenance Pair Technician, and Body & Paint Technician.

Honda technicians from Thailand won in two categories. Suthee Keadsub bagged the General Repair Technician Award while Kiattisak Radsamee and Surachet Boondanklang took home the Periodical Maintenance Pair Technician Award.

afg_logo.jpg
-- Automotive Focus Group Thailand 2013-12-20

In fairness to the other makes, they only have Benzine and a small range compared to Toyota. Well done non the less.thumbsup.gif

I don't read it as a mix of makes but Hondas only and competing against other Honda trained tech's from those other countries so it matters not the number of makes in comparison to any other makes.

My thinking is now would be a good time for those tech's to be seeking raises from their bosses and even more over maybe a good time to possibly look out side of Thailand to another dealership wanting a few top techs.. Nice pip to be having on a resume..

I wonder if the guys at honda here can strip down and rebuild an engine? Not sure myself. In Australia, when my dad worked at Ford, they were asked to do that occasionally. Once there was a competition at a motor show in Brisbane and a team from the garage assembled the engine (on a stand, so not a complete rebuild) in 11 minutes. Unfortunately they lost, as one member dropped a tool and got a time penalty.

I've always been impressed with Honda Pathumthani. They did a very nice partial respray on my car when it was under warranty - compared to a later respray under insurance at a 3rd party garage which did not match the paint exactly.