Have money in the bank in Thailand?

There are ways to mitigate such risks with global banks or private banks. If you open a HSBC premier account in thailand, you can open USD, EUR, AUD currency accounts of your choice and keep your funds in that currency. For further security, HSBC can also open an account in any currency of your choice to be opened in a country of your choice, without you needing to leave thailand, just rock up with your passport, and you can further put your money there and access all of it from thailand. I'm sure other privileged/private banks will offer the same (citigold, bank of Singapore, credit Suisse) Best of luck mate. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

i recommend Crédit Suisse, Singapore which demands a total asset entry level of USD ~5 million. a few other multinational Swiss banks exist which have lower entry bars of "only" USD 3million (based on a case by case evaluation), e.g. UBS, Julius Baer and European Finance Group. be prepared to travel personally to Singapore to be grilled "who are you? what are you? why are you?" as well as being asked to describe the sources of your funds.

whistling.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rolleyes.gif When you were born, did your money pop out of your mother's womb with you?

And when you die do you expect your money to go with you wherever you go then?

If the answer to these questions is No, then you know the real value of your money.

So forget about it because it is just as meaningless to you as nothing.

(But since you probably won't accept that answer I'll just say like the Thai bargirls do,

"Up to You").

There are ways to mitigate such risks with global banks or private banks. If you open a HSBC premier account in thailand, you can open USD, EUR, AUD currency accounts of your choice and keep your funds in that currency. For further security, HSBC can also open an account in any currency of your choice to be opened in a country of your choice, without you needing to leave thailand, just rock up with your passport, and you can further put your money there and access all of it from thailand. I'm sure other privileged/private banks will offer the same (citigold, bank of Singapore, credit Suisse) Best of luck mate. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Has nobody told you that HSBC have closed their retail bank in Thailand? Where exactly do you think you will be rolling up to with your passport?

Sheungwan: my apologies for that. I was not aware that HSBC had closed banking in thailand.

Perhaps citigold? I can't imagine there's no private banking/privilege banking services in a city as global as bangkok?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sheungwan: my apologies for that. I was not aware that HSBC had closed banking in thailand. Perhaps citigold? I can't imagine there's no private banking/privilege banking services in a city as global as bangkok? Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes there are other banks with formally equivalent 'privilege' status accounts but reports on TV were not exactly complimentary to these accounts as they operated in Thailand. My own personal preference is to be parked outside and bring spending money in.

Yea I have to agree with you. We don't have very much confidence in the Malaysian ringgits here as well so HSBC premier has enabled us to keep various currency denominated accounts situated in Australia and Hong Kong whilst operating these accounts from Malaysia.

The same could be done if they have HSBC premier in bangkok to mitigate these risks and also allowing you to transfer between your accounts for your utilization easily through Internet banking.

Are there any banks in thailand that could provide a similar service?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yea I have to agree with you. We don't have very much confidence in the Malaysian ringgits here as well so HSBC premier has enabled us to keep various currency denominated accounts situated in Australia and Hong Kong whilst operating these accounts from Malaysia. The same could be done if they have HSBC premier in bangkok to mitigate these risks and also allowing you to transfer between your accounts for your utilization easily through Internet banking. Are there any banks in thailand that could provide a similar service? Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I would stick with what you have got unless you have a special reason for wanting to transfer banking operations to Thailand.

rolleyes.gif When you were born, did your money pop out of your mother's womb with you?

And when you die do you expect your money to go with you wherever you go then?

If the answer to these questions is No, then you know the real value of your money.

So forget about it because it is just as meaningless to you as nothing.

(But since you probably won't accept that answer I'll just say like the Thai bargirls do,

"Up to You").

"money a meaningless nothing" = a good one! i haven't met anyone who wouldn't want to own mountains of "meaningless nothing" tongue.png

• Like 1