TAT: Tourists will be back for Chinese New Year

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clock is ticking.

Shame that protests have a history of closing airports. You think Chinese tourists fancy running the risk.

Big booboo that one. I think the numbers for Chinese travelers will likely be horrible .

The Chinese go home for the Chinese New Year. I doubt it will have a big affect the number of Chinese coming here for the Chinese New Year

Bangkok is burning, bombs are going off but Chinese nationals are going to come? Yeah right, like they're going to take the risk! The ones that will travel abroad during this period might consider going to Vietnam, Myanmar or even to Laos (perhaps on a self-drive holiday from Yunnan) instead, just to name a few less risky alternatives. Or they might head over to Singapore for shopping, gambling, eating and going to theme parks. Apart from increased danger to life and limb, I don't see Bangkok competing with those destinations this year.

More BS from TAT.

I am in daily contact with my colleagues in China and they all know about the problems in BKK as it is being widely reported across the Chinese medai spectrum.

TAT seems confident that they know nothing......lol They are in denial as usual.

Do these people just sit around in a group smoking something all day?blink.png

In today's Bangkok Post there is an article about hotels entering a price war with some realistic and interesting comments from the chief executive of Dusit Hotel Group.

He is worth listening to, whereas these other people are not.

Clock is ticking.

Shame that protests have a history of closing airports. You think Chinese tourists fancy running the risk.

Big booboo that one. I think the numbers for Chinese travelers will likely be horrible .

The Chinese go home for the Chinese New Year. I doubt it will have a big affect the number of Chinese coming here for the Chinese New Year

Bangkok is burning, bombs are going off but Chinese nationals are going to come? Yeah right, like they're going to take the risk! The ones that will travel abroad during this period might consider going to Vietnam, Myanmar or even to Laos (perhaps on a self-drive holiday from Yunnan) instead, just to name a few less risky alternatives. Or they might head over to Singapore for shopping, gambling, eating and going to theme parks. Apart from increased danger to life and limb, I don't see Bangkok competing with those destinations this year.

China is one of the main sources for tourists for Australia so maybe more will be heading down under this year.

To be fair, the Chinese consider a BKK riddled with random shootings and grenade explosions better than what they have back at home. Maybe that's what TAT intended to say.

Having said that, the Chinese news feature prominently the chaos here and Thailand has already dropped as top destination for the Chinese.

I think the TAT announcements are aimed at the domestic populace exclusively, which is highly "impressionable". I have Thai friends on FB and Skype who still put up messages "Amazing Thailand" etc.

Can TAT goons still breathe, with their heads stuck so far into the sand? In hindsight, and on a personal viewpoint, the less Chinese tourists, the better, political situation notwithstanding. By 'Chinese tourists', I mean those from mainland China. Not tourists of Chinese descent. Many less-informed of us make that mistake. Do realise there IS a HUGE difference betwen 'mainlanders' and 'other Chinese'.

Not atleast from our company for sure.

Those chineses who reserved trips to Phuket/Chiang Mai have cancelled already and taking trips to Vietnam/Singapore/Malaysia instead. OK, just drop in the ocean but anyway might show the direction overall. Just bored to answer all questions every single day, how things are today there and is it dangerous, why they do it, plaah...

Even few fearless farangs decided to cancel their short Thailand visits and stay in Vietnam/Cambodia instead.

I think they live in another country, Hong Kong canceled 100%, other country close to that...

My HK friend was coming to Thailand on the 5th Feb for a couple of weeks. She has stopped booking anything now as HK government are warning against travel to Thailand.

"TAT has said it will closely monitor political problems, especially in Bangkok, to ensure violence does not spoil the fun ..." The TAT must know something no one else, including the authorities, does. In which case, perhaps its executive could enlighten the police and/or the army and they could take action to curtail the current violence.

Clock is ticking.

Huh?

The chinese have been coming to thailand in their droves for the last few years in this time.

A couple of million Chinese visitors during Chinese new year for Thailand is barely noticeable in the chinese new year migration in china. But for Thailand it is bug business.

Ever tried getting out of China to thailand if you haven't got a reservation at least a month ahead? Chinese are notoriously fickle travelers. One hint of trouble and they scatter.

Guess they don't expect to much embassy help.

BANGKOK, Thailand - The Tourism Authority of Thailand has said Chinese New Year should be a good holiday period for the country even with the current political turmoil in Bangkok.

TAT, who are those morons? Every day a new story, and who is the idiot who hired those?

• Like 1

So the TAT is" going to closely monitor the situation to ensure that violence does not break out and spoil the fun."

Who, in the name of God do these think they are and who has the composite idiocy to write this drivel. Anyone who even remotely thinks that the TAT can or will have the smallest iota of influence on what happens need serious medication. Would have suggested a brain transplant however you cannot transplant something that is nonexistent.

• Like 1

I just don't see it. while my 80 year old mother and her sister have just arrived as they are not fraidy cats and know

to just stay away from areas with demonstrations those who are nervous Nellie's will continue to stay away and

there numbers increase as the violence increases as the elections get closer. Suthep is all in and has painted

himself into a corner. All he can do is whip his supporters into a frenzy, hope for violence and have the military

step in to support him.

BTW My mother is having a wonderful time, swimming twice a day, enjoying the food. While she is terrified riding

on the back of my scooter she absolutely loves it and insists on going out an often as possible.tongue.png

TAT, we love you!!clap2.gif

Bangkok is burning, and in the spirit of true Thainess (no touch with reality), you come out and predict higher touristnumbers!!

What happened to your home planet?? Did it blow up??coffee1.gif

..........If BS was dynamite...TAT would blow this place apart...................................

What a pile of propagandist shit from TAT. I have Chinese friends coming (possibly)in a week and they are calling me all the time because they are seeing the news reports of the disruption and violence.Needs some Chinese style action dealing with the madness in Bangkok.How pathetic the country of Thailand is when it permits huge areas to be blocked and policed by self appointed goons.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"TAT has said it will closely monitor political problems, especially in Bangkok, to ensure violence does not spoil the fun."

Well they will probably do a better job of this than the Royal Thai Police.........but seriously.. does anyone take the TAT seriously?

"TAT has said it will closely monitor political problems, especially in Bangkok, to ensure violence does not spoil the fun."

Well they will probably do a better job of this than the Royal Thai Police.........but seriously.. does anyone take the TAT seriously?

NO

What a pile of propagandist shit from TAT. I have Chinese friends coming (possibly)in a week and they are calling me all the time because they are seeing the news reports of the disruption and violence.Needs some Chinese style action dealing with the madness in Bangkok.How pathetic the country of Thailand is when it permits huge areas to be blocked and policed by self appointed goons. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I'm sure Tienanmen-style action would attract more tourists, blink.png