what is your favourite food in thailand

Crazy chef 1

honestly i am not a great lover of thai food,too spicy too much flavour and all the" fermented" things are not my cup of tea.but there are still a few really enjoyable dishes out there... my favourites are khao soy,rad nar,masaman curry,phad pak ruam mitre and soft shell crabs with yellow curry powder all are eaten with a nice baguette- i don't like rice...

whats about you?

Just sent

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favourites are similar to yours. I love khao soy,rad nar,masaman curry,phad pak ruam mitre. I also like going to any mookaata and cooking on the charcoal grill. Another favourite is bakmee luang. I've adapted to the spicy stuff and I love it too - gets the endorphins flowing.

Mee goreng. smile.png Difficult to find the farther north one goes.

I like satay (made from skinless chicken breast). My Thai friends refuse to eat it calling it low class. sad.png Yet, they love papaya salad which I refuse to eat. BBQ fish with pepper and garlic is quite good too. One of my favourite vegetables is Pak Bung. Inexpensive, yet reassuring.

Before Carrefour closed, I ate a lot of smoked salmon. Sadly, the Tescos in Market Village has none. sad.png

Couldn't name one favorite, have to be a top ten or even twenty, depends on my mood.

Just not anything with poo palah any of the fermented stinky stuff, most of the nam prik pastes, don't eat bugs, just about everything is so much better than almost any farang food.

Tom yam gung, and a chicken dish with nuts and mushrooms I have no idea how to spell !

Something like "gai phad met ma muang"

My favourite on a daily basis is actually Salad sandwiches, fresh yellow red green peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, all finely sliced n diced, seasoned and a drissle of mayonaise, served in home baked bread.

Edited by CharlieH

put gaopao with prik nam plaa

ham&cheeze toasted

have you ever had a phad kra pow pizza? just delicious!

Just sent

where? if its not at seven it doesnt exist at present.

my seven has only mini sausage/cheese pizza but they havent the had daily update yet so will look again later.

1. Khao mok gai (ข้าวหมกไก่): Curry rice with boiled chicken.

2. Grapao gai/muusab (กระเพราไก่): Fried basil leaves with chicken/minced pork on rice. Very spicy.

3. Kaao naa bpet (ข้าวหน้าเป็ด): Grilled duck on rice.

4. Kaao kaa muu (ข้าวขาหมู): Pork leg on rice.

• Like 1

At the moment:

Paacha Moo Gorp. It's loaded with fresh herbs including green peppercorn (love) and keffir lime leaf (love) and krapow (basil). OMFG yum.

Always a favorite:

Kuay tiew sen lek moo (nam sai). Pork noodle soup (prefer red pork sliced) lots of stuff in it, Chinese style. Great breakfast!

I'm starting to get real bored of Thai food. Most restaurants usually have the same dishes on the menu. At least is Oz you have a WHOLE variety of cuisine to choose from. BUT if I had to choose one dish in particular I'd say............ Thom Saab (soup)

You're not doing it right. First of all, get away from the aircon.

Most proper "restaurants" I go to have at least a dozen sometimes 20+ closely typed pages, a greater selection than many western restaurants put together.

And mostly different dishes from each other, due to the huge variety of dishes from one region to another.

The total canon of regular NES-culture food doesn't come close!

Now I realize Australia has a huge range of different ethnic cuisines available, but suggest you broaden your range here in Thailand.

There are at least forty different dishes available just in the first few blocks along the street around the corner from my house, southern Thai, Indian, all kinds of stuff. . .

Most have been mentioned.

Choo chee bplah would probably be top, Yahm bplaah dook foo, Ghia pad med mamuang, Red curry shellfish. Chinese sausage fried rice.

Chinese sauasage itself. Chinese roast pork leg at the Chinese restaurant along the road. Pad gaeng prik moo grob, Pad grapow moo

Larb moo, Khao mohg gia.

I did love yahm dta kite bplah dook foo only found it at Mum Arroy in Si racha but after 8 years of it I have got bored of it.

There was a fantastic kraprow and duck fried rice in Robinsons Sri Racha food court but they have gone now. crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png

Chesters grill

Just joking bah.gif

I'm starting to get real bored of Thai food. Most restaurants usually have the same dishes on the menu. At least is Oz you have a WHOLE variety of cuisine to choose from. BUT if I had to choose one dish in particular I'd say............ Thom Saab (soup)

You're not doing it right. First of all, get away from the aircon.

Most proper "restaurants" I go to have at least a dozen sometimes 20+ closely typed pages, a greater selection than many western restaurants put together.

And mostly different dishes from each other, due to the huge variety of dishes from one region to another.

The total canon of regular NES-culture food doesn't come close!

Now I realize Australia has a huge range of different ethnic cuisines available, but suggest you broaden your range here in Thailand.

There are at least forty different dishes available just in the first few blocks along the street around the corner from my house, southern Thai, Indian, all kinds of stuff. . .

I think she's right. Not only that but I would go as far to say Thai food in Australia is better than Thai food in Thailand. An example is the seafood in Aus is way better than the stuff in Thailand especially Thai prawns, they taste awful.
  • Like 2

Pad pong kari (yellow curry with rice, usually eat it with fish, crab or beef), Pad see ew gai, Kao man gai, Som tam, Paneng, Massaman, Pad krapow etc. But since I moved to my new apartment I mostly ate japanese, there is some really nice places at Gateway Ekkmai. Indian and muslim food here is a big favourite as well, I'm big for any lamb or paneng with roti.