Six measures announced by CMPO chief Chalerm

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's quite clear who the real fascists are, and have been for a long time. Heil Thaksin!!

Nearly right

SEPTEMBER 23, 2010 (New York) - Five months after violent clashes between anti-government groups and state security forces, the Thai government still uses emergency powers to suppress fundamental human rights, Human Rights Watch said today................. ..................The Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation ("Emergency Decree") allows Thai authorities to carry out extended detention of suspects without charge; deny information about those detained without charge; use unofficial detention facilities, where there are inadequate safeguards against possible abuse in custody; and impose widespread censorship. While implementing the Emergency Decree, officials have effective immunity from prosecution for most acts they commit. "If the Thai government has a legitimate reason to use the Emergency Decree, it should publicly justify it with hard facts," said Sophie Richardson, acting Asia director at Human Rights Watch. "Instead the government continues to enforce the draconian emergency powers and violate basic rights." http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/09/22/thailand-lift-emergency-decree

So how does that make chalerm any less a bully boy, heavy handed, intolerant thug?

He gets to be a bully boy, heavy handed, intolerant thug with government blessing.

It's quite clear who the real fascists are, and have been for a long time. Heil Thaksin!!

Nearly right

SEPTEMBER 23, 2010 (New York) - Five months after violent clashes between anti-government groups and state security forces, the Thai government still uses emergency powers to suppress fundamental human rights, Human Rights Watch said today................. ..................The Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation ("Emergency Decree") allows Thai authorities to carry out extended detention of suspects without charge; deny information about those detained without charge; use unofficial detention facilities, where there are inadequate safeguards against possible abuse in custody; and impose widespread censorship. While implementing the Emergency Decree, officials have effective immunity from prosecution for most acts they commit. "If the Thai government has a legitimate reason to use the Emergency Decree, it should publicly justify it with hard facts," said Sophie Richardson, acting Asia director at Human Rights Watch. "Instead the government continues to enforce the draconian emergency powers and violate basic rights." http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/09/22/thailand-lift-emergency-decree

So how does that make chalerm any less a bully boy, heavy handed, intolerant thug?

count the days...months

Its becoming a banana republic, do they they realise the international joke they have become. None of these characters in either camp are trustworthy or fit for purpose. This is becoming a typical thai soap opera... Endless drivel with a predictable outcome..

• Like 1

To be honest, having lived in Thailand since 1999 I feel a curfew will be ignored by many Thais.

During the coup there was a curfew in place. By day 2 of the curfew many people (including curious me) were out and about after curfew. I even went to the fresh market around midnight and there were quite a few places open.

I duscussed it today with a buddy whom has been here for over 30 years. He said that even in 1992 when the situation was more dangerous than the coup, the curfew was ignored!

Thais absolutely never abide by any law or rule. What makes them think they will abide by a curfew?

• Like 1

Is he bloody serious this guy?w00t.gif

In his alcohol soaked mind yes he is very serious, the guy is not even smart enough to realise he is being set up as the fall guy for the Shins when this whole political set up implodes

To me the worst part is that the media even bother quoting him without mind or shame ,,,,,,,,Pfffff!!

Sometime ago I asked about the Chalerm - Mr. T relationship and did Chalerm have some super black hold.

A poster kindly explained a long time relationship and how once Chalerm had been in a position to help Mr. T in the early days.

I suppose all his cabinet posts etc. which make right thinking people cringe have been a reward but I can't see the Dear Leader enjoying having to be beholding to anyone.

Is this current post the poisoned chalice which could finally get rid of Chalerm from under Mr. T's feet if it all goes pear shaped and he's thrown to the wolves with no hope of rehabilitation ?

He could take to publishing his own newspaper again to disseminate the ' truth '. Last time he said the costs would be no more than his sons' monthly bar bills !

By the way, since the Constitutional Court (I think), declared the PDRC protests legal wouldn't that mean this:

1. Gathering of five or more people in areas prohibited by CMPO cannot be done. Any action that incites disorder cannot be done. Gathering can be done for only legal demonstrations and elections.

Doesn't apply to them? If so either the government is bluffing or it was aimed at the farmers protests that have been amassing lately.

Edited by AleG