What Do I Need To Create A Bank Account At Bangkok Bank?

Assuming you mean that you have an Non immigrant "O"Visa,want to open a bank account and put some money into it...so...what do you do....

Might one suggest that you go into your local Bangkok Bank (assuming in LOS)take your passport with you (immi-visa not needed)ask to open a Bank savings A/C and put some money into it and......or have I picked this up incorrectly...... :o

Or if you are asking how to get your money from Australia to Thailand most people use wire transfer by SWIFT for larger amounts or ATM card for smaller amounts. If you have a requirement for external proof using the wire transfer is the accepted method by immigration.

I want to create a bank account. I have a non-immigration visa from getting married.

How do I fund it from Thailand?

Having only a tourist visa, I was able to open a savings account at Bangkok Bank (BB). The bank required me to have my identity verified at the US Embassy (I'm a US citizen). After bringing back the embassy-certified letter stating that I am indeed the gent appearing in my passport, I was able to open an account with a small amount (I only deposited 1000 baht initially).

Returning to the US, I setup the means to perform electronic (wire?) transfers from my US-based bank to the BB account. BB has a branch office in NYC, thus all I needed was the BB's ABA number and my account number. In the rest of the world, I believe that a Swift code is used in lieu of the ABA.

I hope this helps.

Banking seems different here.

I use Bangkok Bank at Suk 8-10 and they act like they are doing me a favor.

Lazy, unprofessional, impolite at the wire transfer desk.

It was easy to open the account though.

Not sure of the best but I would avoid Siam Commercial on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

The worst of the worst.

I want to create a bank account. I have a non-immigration visa from getting married.

Having only a tourist visa, I was able to open a savings account at Bangkok Bank (BB). The bank required me to have my identity verified at the US Embassy (I'm a US citizen). After bringing back the embassy-certified letter stating that I am indeed the gent appearing in my passport, I was able to open an account with a small amount (I only deposited 1000 baht initially).

Returning to the US, I setup the means to perform electronic (wire?) transfers from my US-based bank to the BB account. BB has a branch office in NYC, thus all I needed was the BB's ABA number and my account number. In the rest of the world, I believe that a Swift code is used in lieu of the ABA.

I hope this helps.

I'm also a US citizen and need to open an account at Bangkok Bank. How long did it take you at the embassy, how much did it cost, and did you need to make an appointment first or did you just walk into the embassy?

Can you get internet banking with that account? I've heard mixed stories about a tourist being able to get internet banking.

Do you have any recommendation on which branch to go to which will give me the least hassles?

I'm planning on getting a box at Mail Boxes, Etc. and use that as my address as I don't have a permanent address in BKK. Do you think that'll be ok with Bangkok Bank?

I hope this helps.

I'm also a US citizen and need to open an account at Bangkok Bank. How long did it take you at the embassy, how much did it cost, and did you need to make an appointment first or did you just walk into the embassy?

Can you get internet banking with that account? I've heard mixed stories about a tourist being able to get internet banking.

Do you have any recommendation on which branch to go to which will give me the least hassles?

I'm planning on getting a box at Mail Boxes, Etc. and use that as my address as I don't have a permanent address in BKK. Do you think that'll be ok with Bangkok Bank?

I went to the ACS (American Citizen Services) at the US Embassy on Wireless Road. Cost was about 800 baht for them to verify my identity. Wait was about 45 minutes (because it was crowded that particular day). The ACS closes at 2pm.

No I could not get internet banking (requires work permit I think?). However, I am able to verify my account balance, transfers, etc using an automated service via telephone.

The Bangkok Bank branch I went to sits between Sukhumvit 8 - 10. After returning with the affidavit from the US Embassy, it took me about 20 minutes to open a savings account (with an initial deposit of 1000 baht).

As for your last question, there is probably no way for any bank to verify your address. Makes me wonder if folks do this (i.e. use a MBE address) when reporting their address every 90-days to immigration. :o