6month stay in thailand - travel insurance or thai insurance?

willfreeman

will be in thailand at the end of february for a 6month stay. Last time i got travel insurance in australia before i came (someone suggested it would have been void as i didnt have a return ticket booked when i got the insurance)

am i better of getting travel insurance in Aus for my trip or getting some sort of accident/illness cover in thailand?

if so from whom and how much etc

any assistance appreciated thanks

Suggest you investigate a policy with Allianz Travel Insurance in Australia. This company was recommended to me by several people and so I purchased a policy which I was obliged to claim on recently. Their service was remarkable and I received several phone calls over a period of time enquiring as to my progress. I am 70 years of age and the policy was inexpensive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Check the maximum duration out of your country of residency - many policies have 30, 60 or 90 day limits. I have difficulty finding an affordable travel insurance policy for work with holiday. The best I could buy was a yearly contract with a maximum 120 day combined out of Australia on any one journey. Seems there are much more competitive options from the United Kingdom.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app